VA - Dorothy Sullivan, 82, mauled to death by dogs, 8 March 2005

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
Pit Bull Owner Convicted of Manslaughter

By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20051223T013222Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 2 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGO

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - A dog owner was convicted of involuntary manslaughter Thursday for allowing her pit bulls to run loose and kill an 82-year-old woman.

Deanna Large, 37, was found guilty in the death of Dorothy Sullivan, who was attacked March 8 by three pit bulls while she took her shih tzu for a walk.

The jury recommended Large serve three years in prison. The judge has the option to reduce the sentence, but cannot increase it when Large is sentenced Feb. 24.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2005/12/22/289649.html

Amraann said:
Pit Bull Owner Convicted of Manslaughter

By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20051223T013222Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 2 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGO

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. - A dog owner was convicted of involuntary manslaughter Thursday for allowing her pit bulls to run loose and kill an 82-year-old woman.

Deanna Large, 37, was found guilty in the death of Dorothy Sullivan, who was attacked March 8 by three pit bulls while she took her shih tzu for a walk.

The jury recommended Large serve three years in prison. The judge has the option to reduce the sentence, but cannot increase it when Large is sentenced Feb. 24.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2005/12/22/289649.html
wow....

Hopefully that will be a wakeup call for the other irresponsible pit bull owners. They should be held accountable for the death and destruction their dogs cause.

:behindbar

At one time she had 13 pit bulls living in her doublewide trailer....I would be afraid to visit her!

SewingDeb said:
At one time she had 13 pit bulls living in her doublewide trailer....I would be afraid to visit her!
I would be afraid to be her living with that many pit bulls. Her life was in danger and she probably didn't even know it.

SewingDeb said:
:eek: 13 in a double trailer ,she is lucky they didnt turn on her ,why would anyone own 13 ,I wonder if she bred them for fighting.:mad:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back