639 users online (84 members and 555 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The 2nd Attack Theory: Forum Legend???

Court TV aired it's Forensic Files Invisible Intruder episode which is about Darlie. In it was presented the much discussed 2nd attack theory. Blood evidence was used to show how probable it was. The heavy amount of blood at the end of the knife shows someone bled onto it while holding it in a downward direction. Someone who was bleeding. Darlie was bleeding and it was Darlie's blood. Her blood was there in a pattern not indicative of having used it on someone, but of someone bleeding, holding it. She had already cut herself when she held the knife downwards. All she says is she picked up the knife off of the kitchen floor and put in on the counter. She would have had to stand there and hold it to bleed that heavily onto it. And there would have been large drops of blood on the floor there.
    An outline of the knife in blood(hers?) was found near Damon and there was evidence of her blood near him as well. She never mentioned taking the knife into the family room or over to Damon after she picked it up and put it on the counter. Conclusion: there is scientific evidence for the 2nd attack theory, very strong evidence.
    So again, the 2nd attack theory was not born on this forum by some crazed poster and believed blindly by millions who cannot think on their own.
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    Court TV aired it's Forensic Files Invisible Intruder episode which is about Darlie. In it was presented the much discussed 2nd attack theory. Blood evidence was used to show how probable it was. The heavy amount of blood at the end of the knife shows someone bled onto it while holding it in a downward direction. Someone who was bleeding. Darlie was bleeding and it was Darlie's blood. Her blood was there in a pattern not indicative of having used it on someone, but of someone bleeding, holding it. She had already cut herself when she held the knife downwards. All she says is she picked up the knife off of the kitchen floor and put in on the counter. She would have had to stand there and hold it to bleed that heavily onto it. And there would have been large drops of blood on the floor there.
    An outline of the knife in blood(hers?) was found near Damon and there was evidence of her blood near him as well. She never mentioned taking the knife into the family room or over to Damon after she picked it up and put it on the counter. Conclusion: there is scientific evidence for the 2nd attack theory, very strong evidence.
    So again, the 2nd attack theory was not born on this forum by some crazed poster and believed blindly by millions who cannot think on their own.
    This is a great post Bees.

There was a heavy concentration of Darlie's blood by the sofa. Over yonder, Chewie wondered why Darlie stood there bleeding and if the heavy concentration had to do with a clean up. We know she stood there bleeding, we just don't know why. I know it was prior to the second attack on Damon however I am reluctant to speculate why.

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    This is a great post Bees.

There was a heavy concentration of Darlie's blood by the sofa. Over yonder, Chewie wondered why Darlie stood there bleeding and if the heavy concentration had to do with a clean up. We know she stood there bleeding, we just don't know why. I know it was prior to the second attack on Damon however I am reluctant to speculate why.

I'm not! LOL I think she was trying to figure out what to do next. I think she did this without too much preplanning and things didn't go the way she thought they would and she had to figure out her next move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I'm not! LOL I think she was trying to figure out what to do next. I think she did this without too much preplanning and things didn't go the way she thought they would and she had to figure out her next move.
    Agreed, I'm not hestitant to ever speculate! And also agreed, I think she stood there bleeding, thinking what do I do? People who kill always seem suprised by the amount of blood and by the struggle the victim put up. Two sleeping children, in her fantasy, took seconds to kill. Didn't happen like that. Bevel also said that she didn't have to always be standing still for her blood to end up like that. It could have happened while she walking around, most likely to Damon and even when she plunged in the knife.
    They also mentioned the bloody outline of the knife(near Damon)
    as proof of the 2nd attack because her blood was in the outline as well. Again, we go back to her statement that the boys were attacked first.She never mentions taking the knife back into the family room, or that the killer dropped the knife near that area. Bevel originated the 2nd Attack Theory, did he not? From his interview, I know he believes in it. We do know one thing, it was not born on the forums!
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

2nd Attack Theory

So, if I understand this correctly, Darlie stood in front of the sofa bleeding from the wound on her right arm onto the knife which she held in her right hand. She bled onto the handle of the knife, then the blood ran on downward to the blade of the knife and dropped off onto the carpet. Or the blood dropped from her hand and fingers onto the carpet. Either way there is a big old blood stain in front of the sofa in Darlie's blood and heavy bleeding onto the knife handle in Darlie's blood. If she was cleaning up she was using her left hand only, which means there could not have been much clean up, maybe with a towel to just wipe some of the blood off the sofa and/or coffee or end table. She wasn't really doing heavy cleaning like with windex or some sort of spray, just swiping at the blood with a towel. What would be the purpose of that? To keep her possessions (sofa, table) clean? Or, to make the obvious blood evidence fit the story she was creating? Thus, while she was standing there daydreaming, cleaning, planning, whatever, Damon crawled away. Then a knife outline is found on the carpet beside where Damon ended up dying. And Darlie's blood is on the outline. Damon's blood is found on the back of Darlie's nightshirt on top of Darlie's blood. That began the two-attack theory. Two attacks is the only way to explain the blood evidence. So it must be true. I accept it without reservation. Dang, how I wish that poor, poor child could have made it out the door, though I doubt he had the strength to open the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by texassnuboots
    Either way there is a big old blood stain in front of the sofa in Darlie's blood and heavy bleeding onto the knife handle in Darlie's blood. If she was cleaning up she was using her left hand only, which means there could not have been much clean up, maybe with a towel to just wipe some of the blood off the sofa and/or coffee or end table. She wasn't really doing heavy cleaning like with windex or some sort of spray, just swiping at the blood with a towel. What would be the purpose of that? To keep her possessions (sofa, table) clean? Or, to make the obvious blood evidence fit the story she was creating?
    That is what I think happened. At some point she was trying to wipe up blood evidence she thought should not be where it was. She was trying to make the scene fit her story.

In the kitchen, they said they used amido black and found clean up evidence on the floor where more blood dripped on top of the clean up area. They didn't use this evidence at trial. I don't know why unless they thought they didn't need it or that it left an area for the defense to attack, like maybe the cleaninglady used bleach that week bringing some question into the results of their testing. Whatever, it is obvious she was trying to hide something for some reason.

At GAC a police detective talked to us about these types of crimes and said that often the defendant will start staging in one way, then change their direction or angle and create a different idea. So you have evidence of one thing starting,then abruptly stopping, and another starting up somewhere else. This could be what happened, too. She started cleaning up and quickly realized that it was futile because she just kept bleeding on what she was cleaning faster than she could clean it, so she abandoned the clean up and focused on a story that would include the blood evidence, finally resorting to cutting her throat to make her story believable. Apparently she thought no one would question a slit throat. Of course, her throat was only cut, it wasn't slit.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

So again, the 2nd attack theory was not born on this forum by some crazed poster and believed blindly by millions who cannot think on their own. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_4.gif
    Yes, I am impressed with your post, too.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

So, if I understand this correctly, Darlie stood in front of the sofa bleeding from the wound on her right arm onto the knife which she held in her right hand. She bled onto the handle of the knife, then the blood ran on downward to the blade of the knife and dropped off onto the carpet. Or the blood dropped from her hand and fingers onto the carpet. Either way there is a big old blood stain in front of the sofa in Darlie's blood and heavy bleeding onto the knife handle in Darlie's blood. If she was cleaning up she was using her left hand only, which means there could not have been much clean up, maybe with a towel to just wipe some of the blood off the sofa and/or coffee or end table. She wasn't really doing heavy cleaning like with windex or some sort of spray, just swiping at the blood with a towel. What would be the purpose of that? To keep her possessions (sofa, table) clean? Or, to make the obvious blood evidence fit the story she was creating? Thus, while she was standing there daydreaming, cleaning, planning, whatever, Damon crawled away. Then a knife outline is found on the carpet beside where Damon ended up dying. And Darlie's blood is on the outline. Damon's blood is found on the back of Darlie's nightshirt on top of Darlie's blood. That began the two-attack theory. Two attacks is the only way to explain the blood evidence. So it must be true. I accept it without reservation. Dang, how I wish that poor, poor child could have made it out the door, though I doubt he had the strength to open the front door.
    I think she cleaned up in the kitchen because that is where she cut her throat(over the sink). She didn't come up with the story about wetting towels for the boys until her final walk-through with LE when she noticed they'd removed the kitchen sink. Suddenly she recalled standing at the sink wetting towels. She must have realized they somehow found the blood. I don't know if she knew about Luminol or the other things which can detect hidden blood. So in her original story, she was not at the sink. Even though the wound was very shallow, it would have bled alot. Most likely she felt she needed to clean up all of that blood, her blood, because originally she had no excuse for being over there.
    At some point she did put the knife on the counter. I don't know how long she would have run around with it. I think she had it at the sink with her when she realized Damon was alive and ran over there. People typically walk or run with the knife pointed downward which fits with her blood collecting onto the end of the knife. I guess she stood there over him, thinking about stabbing him again? Was the knife outline actually caused by her putting the knife down or was it formed from drops of blood coming off of the knife? If I understood Bevel correctly, it was caused by drops of her blood.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

2nd Attack Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    At GAC a police detective talked to us about these types of crimes and said that often the defendant will start staging in one way, then change their direction or angle and create a different idea. So you have evidence of one thing starting,then abruptly stopping, and another starting up somewhere else. This could be what happened, too. She started cleaning up and quickly realized that it was futile because she just kept bleeding on what she was cleaning faster than she could clean it, so she abandoned the clean up and focused on a story that would include the blood evidence, finally resorting to cutting her throat to make her story believable. Apparently she thought no one would question a slit throat. Of course, her throat was only cut, it wasn't slit.
    This is great info, Goody. It can be applied to so many of the crimes we discuss on the boards. It seems the murderer's brain is so filled with external imaging and staging that it is practically impossible for the murderer to concentrate on one area for very long without being distracted to another area. It would take a really detail oriented person, almost obsessively detailed to get the evidence they want to produce and get it correctly. It's like the brain is on overload and prevents the murderer from forming logical thoughts and/or following through with a perfect crime facade. Glad you posted this.

Thank you

Thank you girls, it's always nice to get a pat on the back from my more knowledgeable posters.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

This is great info, Goody. It can be applied to so many of the crimes we discuss on the boards. It seems the murderer's brain is so filled with external imaging and staging that it is practically impossible for the murderer to concentrate on one area for very long without being distracted to another area. It would take a really detail oriented person, almost obsessively detailed to get the evidence they want to produce and get it correctly. It's like the brain is on overload and prevents the murderer from forming logical thoughts and/or following through with a perfect crime facade. Glad you posted this.
    Yes, I loved having that guy around, although he was cut a little rough around the edges and offended most others. hahahahahah. But this information was really good. His theory was that the diet pills Darlie was on had her so on edge she just lost it. He didn't feel she would ever do such a thing again or that she was a threat to society. I tend to agree with him. I think most people who commit these type of crimes are probably not likely to do it again unless there is some insanity involved.

Speaking of how murderers think,isn't it strange how cops and attys, etc who commit murders screw up just like people who don't know anything about the law or how the system works. Murder is rather unique that way. I think the only people who get away with it are just plain lucky to get LEs who are distracted or untrained or lazy. There are just too many things an individual, no matter how knowledgable, can't control.

Thank you girls, it's always nice to get a pat on the back from my more knowledgeable posters. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_13_6.gif
    \
    You betcha, kiddo. You sure have been a quick study. So feel free to strut your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    \
    You betcha, kiddo. You sure have been a quick study. So feel free to strut your stuff.
    Thank you love...
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

I am glad to see someone out and about on the net tonight. I was beginning to feel like I was in an empty room. My words were starting to echo as I typed.

The 2nd attack theory does carry some weight of possibility.But as of yet no one has properly explained Darlie's own injuries.Ok I know everyone will rush out with the "self inflicted"theories.I do hope however that those who rush them out will bother to admit the cut angles just do not match this theory.The Routier case is a tuff call for both sides.Those who would like to pronounce her guilt run into problems unexplainable by them,those who profess her innocence run into the few shreds of evidence which do sm to implicate her.However after careful study of her case I do find several things that fail to implicat her.

1)her own injuries
    2)the timeline,bas upon the coroners estimated time of death etc,she had exactly 1 free minute to run plant the sock,cut the screen,cut herself,r the scene,then call 911
    3)the unexplained car which neighbors saw prowling the neighborhood for days prior to the killings
    4)the unsuponenaed witness who saw a man fitting Darlies description of the intruder fleeing the Routier property area shortly after the crime
    5)the blatant conflict of intrests on the part of her own defense attorney

Eliminate these 5 points along with others I feel no need to type out and Darlie does appear guilty....but then if you eliminate the questions there is a strong possibility you eliminate her as a suspect...IMHO
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast