1005 users online (182 members and 823 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Talking MI - Man barred from living with a woman, Detroit, 2005

A lawyer for a Michigan man barred from living with a woman while he is on probation may take the case to the Supreme Court.

An appeals court upheld the sentence imposed on Eric Brandenburg, who is in prison for selling marijuana, the Detroit News reported. Another condition of his probation is that when Brandenburg has a social relationship with a woman after his release, he must tell her of his history of beating up girlfriends and provide her contact information to his probation officer within 12 hours.

Given Brandenburg's violent history, letting him live with a woman would be like "allowing a sexual predator to work at an all-girls school," the judge said.
    http://pub2.bravenet.com/news/92920030/30736/
    I like this judge!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A lawyer for a Michigan man barred from living with a woman while he is on probation may take the case to the Supreme Court.

An appeals court upheld the sentence imposed on Eric Brandenburg, who is in prison for selling marijuana, the Detroit News reported. Another condition of his probation is that when Brandenburg has a social relationship with a woman after his release, he must tell her of his history of beating up girlfriends and provide her contact information to his probation officer within 12 hours.

Given Brandenburg's violent history, letting him live with a woman would be like "allowing a sexual predator to work at an all-girls school," the judge said.
    http://pub2.bravenet.com/news/92920030/30736/
    I like this judge!
    good.!!!!

Informing the women before he lives with her or gets into a relationship to me is a very good idea.

In England, they actualy have a resource available for women to check out a man and see if he has a history of violence against women.

Forewarned is forarmed, I think that is a VERY good idea......too bad that we don't have that type of resource in North America.

Yeah, I'm sure the Supreme Court will hear this case!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    Informing the women before he lives with her or gets into a relationship to me is a very good idea.

In England, they actualy have a resource available for women to check out a man and see if he has a history of violence against women.

Forewarned is forarmed, I think that is a VERY good idea......too bad that we don't have that type of resource in North America.
    I think it is needed here.

I like that idea! Guys who abuse women are perhaps a bit more rehabilitable than pedophiles, but not all that much. Women (and men) should be able to find out if a person they are dating has a history of violence.