PA - Jasmine Wallace, 19, shot to death, Philadelphia, 6 Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Jasmine Wallace's killer caught her in the morning, when she'd just gotten out of bed. After shooting the 19-year-old in the head with a .22-caliber handgun, the gunman put Wallace's 6-week-old kitten in the bathroom with two open cans of food and then closed the door.
Nothing was taken from her apartment in the 900 block of Emerson Street in Fox Chase the morning she was killed 21/2 weeks ago. Nothing was ruffled or ransacked. With the exception of the teenager's body in the corner of the bedroom, and the kitten mewing in the bathroom, nothing seemed out of place.
Wallace's slippers were still lined up neatly next to her bed, ready for her to slip her feet in.
Why did someone kill Jasmine Wallace, a quiet girl whose family said she was sweet, mild-mannered, and no trouble to anyone? And why was her murder given very little coverage in the news media and a surprise to her neighbors days after the fact?
Wallace may have been killed as far back as Dec. 6, a Tuesday. But her body wasn't discovered until the evening of Dec. 8, when a friend went to her apartment after failing to get responses to multiple phone calls. The friend entered with a set of keys borrowed from Wallace's grandmother.
Police said there was no sign anyone had forced his way into Wallace's home.
"We were OK with her living there because in order for you to get in the building, you had to be buzzed in," Mosadi Averette said. "Whoever killed Jasmine, it wasn't a stranger. It wasn't somebody who saw her and became obsessed with her."
At Wallace's funeral, more than one person approached Averette and said, "Jasmine was my best friend."
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/13469861.htm?source=rss&channel=inquirer_local

I wonder if she killed herself and her friend foolishly took the gun to save her family's feelings. Her kittens were taken care of, there was no stranger entry, no robbery, she wrote a letter to God about her faults, apparently the police aren't investigating very hard. Probably that's not what happened, but . . .

Probably the sad truth is that she was not white, and blond. She's a pretty enough girl, but that no longer seems to catch the media's, or the public's, attention any longer.

A very sad state of affairs, indeed.

Pook said:
Probably the sad truth is that she was not white, and blond. She's a pretty enough girl, but that no longer seems to catch the media's, or the public's, attention any longer.

A very sad state of affairs, indeed.
For a 19 y/o, she seemed like a loving and caring person from a good hard working family. I don't think her letter was a suicide letter. She writes she is going to work on her faults to be a better person. Maybe she was being threatened or stalked? She also writes she will be with God soon.
These cases are so sad and I wish all cases could be solved. She didn't deserver to be murdered, no one does.

I didn't see a pic of her or a letter. Am I blind?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back