GUILTY TX - Apolinar Ramos, found shot & burned, Donna, 21 Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Manuel Torres Alvarez was still on the run from Hidalgo County sheriff’s deputies as of late Thursday night — thanks to his mother and sisters.

Alvarez was about to be taken in for questioning Thursday afternoon in reference to two separate cases in which authorities discovered charred bodies near Donna earlier this week. But... Alvarez, 31, managed to escape from the deputies and ran into the brush west of Farm-to-Market Road 493 and south of Ponciano Road, near where the charred remains of a body and pickup truck were found Wednesday morning...

Earlier in the week on Saturday, deputies had discovered another burned vehicle with a body inside it. The first death occurred less than five miles away from the second on Valley View Road, south of Donna Lakes. The vehicle found in the first death is registered to Alvarez’s brother, Lorenzo Alvarez.

http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProce...lates/Details.cfm&StoryID=10767&Section=Local

What a family!! I hope they catch him soon. He sounds very dangerous.

SewingDeb said:
What a family!! I hope they catch him soon. He sounds very dangerous.

Sounds like LE need to just gather up the whole family and throw them all in prison. I hope they do arrest the mother and sisters. I can't even imagine going outside and fighting LE so that my son could get away. I hope they find this guy soon too. Hopfully he won't be able to get those handcuffs off as that will hinder some of the things he might do while on the run.

Bobbisangel said:
Sounds like LE need to just gather up the whole family and throw them all in prison. I hope they do arrest the mother and sisters. I can't even imagine going outside and fighting LE so that my son could get away. I hope they find this guy soon too. Hopfully he won't be able to get those handcuffs off as that will hinder some of the things he might do while on the run.

It does sounds like they need to spend a little time in jail. I hope he still has the handcuffs on when they pick him up. It will save a little time in getting him to jail.

What a sick family :doh: , I wonder who he has murdered ,who is missing in the area does anyone know?

From January 2008:

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1903

Alvarez was arrested Dec. 18, 2006, after nearly a year on the run. Sheriff’s deputies identified him as a suspect in Ramos’ murder soon after the body was found. But as they arrived at his Donna home to arrest him, his mother and several sisters fought them off, allowing Alvarez time to escape.

The family next made headlines in December 2006 after police in Danville, Ill., found Alvarez’s parents, Felipe Sr. and Justina, shot execution-style in their home near the state’s border with Indiana...

The two murders... bear the calling card of the violent Texas Syndicate gang, an organized criminal group tied to contract killings and drug smuggling activity throughout the Valley... The group routinely disposes of its victims’ bodies by leaving them in abandoned burning cars, investigators said.

http://www.themonitor.com/news/loca...cle_4328b7be-0616-5d13-ad55-561d7ac5bf83.html

A judge dismissed the case against a man accused in a 2005 revenge killing on Thursday because a key witness refused to take the stand. Margarito Carrizal invoked his Fifth Amendment rights, turned down an immunity deal and rejected a judge’s orders to avoid testifying against co-defendant Manuel Alvarez.

The two were accused of fatally shooting Apolinar Ramos, of Donna, on Dec. 21, 2005, and setting his body on fire in a sugar cane field south of the city. Investigators believe he was killed as an act of retribution for the murder of Alvarez’s brother, Lorenzo, whose body was found days earlier disposed of in a similar fashion.

Carrizal, who pleaded guilty to his role in Ramos’ death in November, is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence for the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back