631 users online (114 members and 517 guests)  

Websleuths News

School gets check, note for '73 vandalism

vandal's conscience has gnawed at him for decades. Shull Elementary School received a $2,500 cashier's check with a three-sentence unsigned note confessing to vandalizing the school 32 years ago. It was addressed to Principal Chris Ann Horsley.
    "Approximately 32 years ago, myself and a group of local kids broke into a classroom and vandalized the room terribly. I have felt guilty for far too long and want to give something back to the school that I personally took from. I am sorry for any grief that I caused anyone at that time," the note read.

It was signed: "A Regretful Baby-Boomer."

The school, which opened in 1960, doesn't have records dating back to 1973, Horsley said. But second grade teacher Delphine Kiser, who has worked at Shull for 33 years, remembers a break-in into her classroom during her early years.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    That's great. Your conscious (if you have one) can really wreak havoc with you sometimes.....

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"