1316 users online (249 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

2017.05.30 - Trump to world leaders: "Call me on my cell phone"

Trump to world leaders: Call me on my cellphone

Vivian Salama, Associated Press 9:16 p.m. ET May 30, 2017

Washington — President Donald Trump has been handing out his cellphone number to world leaders and urging them to call him directly, an unusual invitation that breaks diplomatic protocol and is raising concerns about the security and secrecy of the U.S. commander in chief’s communications.

Trump has urged leaders of Canada and Mexico to reach him on his cellphone, according to former and current U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the practice. Of the two, only Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has taken advantage of the offer so far, the officials said.

Trump also exchanged numbers with French President Emmanuel Macron when the two spoke immediately following Macron’s victory earlier this month, according to a French official, who would not comment on whether Macron intended to use the line.

All the officials demanded anonymity because they were not authorized to reveal the conversations. Neither the White House nor Trudeau’s office responded to requests for comment...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ers/102332780/

Back channel communication with Russian operatives. Cell phone conversations with world leaders. Obvious that the President wants to circumvent the usual security precautions in place to protect our country.

Sorry, but I have to.

Trump wants their numbers in his phone because it will make him feel important.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Trump wants their numbers in his phone because it will make him feel important.
    Trump wants and needs to be "liked" by everyone. He's insecure and requires constant reassurance that people like him. If world leaders call the President on his cell phone, he'll know that they like him, they really like him.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Trump wants and needs to be "liked" by everyone. He's insecure and requires constant reassurance that people like him. If world leaders call the President on his cell phone, he'll know that they like him, they really like him.
    Remember how he bragged about Obama liking him? Cracked me up. He is so desperate.