1210 users online (256 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sex toy company gets N.C. business award

A sex toy and video mail order business, once picketed by ministers and searched by postal investigators, has been named business of the year in Orange County.
    PHE Inc., the parent company of Adam & Eve, is a top citizen and a major taxpayer, said Margaret Cannell, executive director of the Hillsborough-Orange County Chamber of Commerce. The business has also helped with the local animal shelter and a family violence prevention center.

"We didn't have any problem giving them the award," said chamber president Robbin Taylor-Hall. "We don't look at some of the items they sell."

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/weird/v...11683837c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't know if they do it there, but here out Chamber always has monthly mixers at member's businesses. That would be an interesting one to attend. Wonder what the door prizes would be? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A sex toy and video mail order business, once picketed by ministers and searched by postal investigators, has been named business of the year in Orange County.
    PHE Inc., the parent company of Adam & Eve, is a top citizen and a major taxpayer, said Margaret Cannell, executive director of the Hillsborough-Orange County Chamber of Commerce. The business has also helped with the local animal shelter and a family violence prevention center.

"We didn't have any problem giving them the award," said chamber president Robbin Taylor-Hall. "We don't look at some of the items they sell."

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/weird/v...11683837c.html
    As a resident of NC this doesn't surprise me.It is actually quite in line with our standard hypocrisy.We like to claim membership in the almighty Bible belt club publically,but when the dollar bill is involved who cares just pay your tax on time and the State will reward ya.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only