Dog stuck on frozen railroad tracks rescued

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Jeremy Majorowicz thought something was wrong when he saw a dog sitting on railroad tracks for at least two hours. But he didn't realize how wrong until he and several other men determined that the gray and white husky had been literally frozen to the ties in below zero weather.

The construction worker first saw the dog on the tracks before his crew called off work for the day Monday because of the cold, and headed to a restaurant. But the dog was still there when they returned 1 1/2 hours later.

He approached the dog, and offered it a bit of a muffin, but the animal wouldn't bite.

"I have two dogs myself, so I didn't want to leave the dog if there was something wrong," Majorowicz said, so he called the police.

Police Officer Tim Strand said the dog was "shivering unmercifully" when he arrived and would not come to him, so he called animal control officer Al Heyde.

Heyde hooked the dog around the neck with a catch pole in an attempt to capture the dog, but it would not budge.

Strand then determined the dog was frozen to the railroad ties.

"I lifted his tail and hind quarters, and saw he was literally frozen to the tracks," Strand said. "He was pretty hunkered down."

Strand pulled hard on the dog's tail, and was able to release him, but he said the move pulled a lot of hair from the dog.

A train was scheduled to pass across the tracks about 10 minutes after the rescue was completed.
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1222dog-ice-CR.html

This is a story to make you smile! Glad the dog was rescued!!

Poor thing!! :blowkiss:

PrayersForMaura said:
This is a story to make you smile! Glad the dog was rescued!!

Poor thing!! :blowkiss:
LOL, kissing the booboo to make it better?
You do realize what part was hurt don't you? :D

mysteriew said:
LOL, kissing the booboo to make it better?
You do realize what part was hurt don't you? :D
yeah, lol ...
do you think it was taking a potty on the tracks and that's how it froze?
I didn't get what made it freeze to the tracks!

:clap: This story happened in Wisconsin. I'm from Green Bay . The dog has been adopted by a nice family - I heard it on the new last night..

My question is how did the dog get frozen to the tracks? Hopefully someone didn't do it intentionally.

And the owner saw the dog on the tracks for two hours and thought nothing of it?

I'm glad the mutt is home safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back