The Ramsey case - in real time

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I propose an experiment; we can see how it goes.

Today is the 23rd of December. Today is the day that the Ramseys are holding a party in their house, where Santa and Mrs. Santa will distribute toys to children and gingerbread houses will be decorated while the adults entertain themselves.

It is 9:53 a.m. here on the East Coast; it is 7:53 a.m. in Boulder as I write this post.

Let us walk through the next few days as the Ramseys had to. Let us feel for ourselves whether John and Patsy could have accomplished everything they say they did, and, indeed, whether there were many hours when they could have been accomplishing things they brush off as too busy to do.

It is 7:53 a.m. in Boulder. Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, right now, is at the house helping clean for the party that begins later this afternoon. What is Patsy doing right now? What is John doing? What are JonBenet, and Burke, and Linda's daughter Ariana, and John Andrew, and Melinda, and everyone else, doing right now?

Let us not forget that Patsy's father, Don Paugh, right at this moment is also in Boulder. He is not living in the house, he lives in an apartment on Pearl Street. So he will also be attending the party.

Is breakfast over yet? I suspect it is. That means the children are running around right now, as you read this. What is Patsy doing? Is John at work? In 1996, today is a Monday, so he can be, but as one who is familiar with corporate purchase practices, I can tell you that Access Graphics is not terribly busy, because most of the customers are starting to gear down for the holidays, and nobody is writing out purchase orders to Access today.

Was Patsy's shower broken yet? If so - where did she wash?

Two days before Christmas... the kids would open the second last door of their Advent clandars. My Tootsie does this while I prepare her breakfast and she either eats it straight after breakfast or she muses about whom she is going to give it to at school that day.

Part to prepare for - lists to check off. Patsy had a little gift and rhyme for each guest so I image she might finish wrapping or writing those.

If she's anything like me, she'll present John with a list of errands to run.

I think she might also be thinking about last minute christmas decorations.

Jayelles said:
Two days before Christmas... the kids would open the second last door of their Advent clandars. My Tootsie does this while I prepare her breakfast and she either eats it straight after breakfast or she muses about whom she is going to give it to at school that day.

Right, good thing to note, JonBenet and Burke have no school today because High Peaks/Martin Park are on a winter break.

Kids are as high as kites. Directing them towards cheesy Xmas programs on tv. Giving them little jobs to do to keep them occupied. Threats of "santa's elves are watching" LOL

We know that Patsy was late in sending out her Christmas cards & newsletter to at least some people. Question is - were these people she forgot to send to and did she quickly write cards, print off more newsletters and mail them? Or did she not end cards to anyone? It must have been around the 23rd she mailed them for them to arrive a few days later. So a trip to the postbox would have been in here somewhere.

the gingerbread houses delivered on this day? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they delivered by McSantas son? Also, Patsy had to purchase the frosting and things to decorate them with. So she went to the store today, I'd assume.

trixie said:
the gingerbread houses delivered on this day? Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they delivered by McSantas son? Also, Patsy had to purchase the frosting and things to decorate them with. So she went to the store today, I'd assume.

The house delivered by Tristan McReynolds was delivered two years earlier, in December of 1994.

According to her 4/97 police interview, Patsy bought the gingerbread houses at Safeway in 1996.

She said Santa McReynolds was busy that day and had two other engagements

[font='Courier New', monospace]TT: Okay. About how long, what time did the party start that night?[/font]

[font='Courier New', monospace]PR: Oh, I norm. . .uh, kind of early because I, if I remember I, Santa Claus had two engagements that night and so he came, I can’t remember whether it was like 5:30 or 4:30 or somewhere in there.[/font]

[font='Courier New', monospace]TT: So fairly early in the evening?[/font]

[font='Courier New', monospace]PR: Fairly early yeah.[/font]

Jayelles said:
If she's anything like me, she'll present John with a list of errands to run.

Jayelles.....we may have been separated at birth......

My motto "Get out from under my feet or you'll be given a job"

Jayelles said:
According to her 4/97 police interview, Patsy bought the gingerbread houses at Safeway in 1996.

It is now 2:18 in the afternoon, Boulder time. The party will begin in a couple of hours. Is everything in place to impress the guests, especially the out-of-town ones? Patsy always has a need to impress strangers. The coat rack should be ready in its location down the short set of stairs in the butler's area.

(That brings up a thought. If I were leaving the party without a big fuss, but just said my goodbyes and expected to fetch my coat and leave, I might indeed get my coat from the butler's pantry and then exit the house via the door right in front of me. Perhaps a guest from the 23rd did that, opened the door, exited, walked around to the front or back of the house to the car they were leaving in, and left the butler's door open. Maybe it was found open on the morning of the 26th, because it was never closed after being used on the 23rd.)

(This, by the way, is what I had personally hoped to achieve with this real-time experiment. I do not know how any of you are following the process, but for myself, considering the events as taking place moment by moment makes them somehow more real, and therefore easier to think of in practical terms.)

Patsy found a jumper for LHP's daughter to wear and made up a pressie and poem for her too. That would have been done during the afternoon.

Only one more shopping day till Christmas.

This is apparently the busiest day for Office parties/Christmas lunches. I wonder if John went into work for secret Santa or a party?

It is 4:17 in the afternoon, Boulder time. The guests have begun arriving. John and Patsy are in host mode.

By the way, what has everyone eaten today? There should have been a breakfast and a lunch, what with a household with growing children who need many calories to keep their metabolisms going on a healthy basis. Did anyone make sure to set aside time today to fix two children their breakfasts and their lunches? And what about dinner?

JonBenet loved Jacques. Surely she must have made some time during her day today to see him. In fact, given her generous nature, why should we not assume that she would have wanted to make sure that Jacques had his own Christmas stocking? She shared her cupcake with a child at school who would have had none, I would think she would go out of her way to make sure her beloved dog Jacques had some gingerbread or gumdrops from the party supplies set out a little while ago on the table.

I will hold my hand up and admit that at times like Christmas, I can become so focused on the important meals, that I neglect my domestic goddess duties for the less important meals. For example - I shop for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and end up thinking "what will we eat?" on 23rd an hour before teatime. We end up eating pot luck supper!

Kids attend parties and eat rubbish. - or they snack on the goodies that are bought in for the festive season.

Jacques would almost certainly have treats too.

My little girl will be 6 years old over the festive season. She still counts days in "sleeps" - "how many sleeps?" she has questioned the existence of Santa but happily accepted that Santa only comes to houses that believe in him.

I think Burke would know about santa - perhaps this was his first Christmas knowing the whole truth (i.e. with full parental confirmation).

So was Burke playing his part? When our son knew the truth, he pretended for his younger sister and enjoyed the game.

Kids can be quite cruel though. Would another child at the party drop hints about Santa?

What about materialism. Burke was awaiting the toy of the year. Was there any rivalry about awaited gifts?

why_nutt said:
The house delivered by Tristan McReynolds was delivered two years earlier, in December of 1994.

Thanks for clearing that up why_nutt. I'm getting the facts mixed up I guess. I really like the idea of this thread. I hope I have the time to join in as much as I'd like to. It really does put you THERE. Enlightening.

Jayelles said:
I will hold my hand up and admit that at times like Christmas, I can become so focused on the important meals, that I neglect my domestic goddess duties for the less important meals. For example - I shop for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and end up thinking "what will we eat?" on 23rd an hour before teatime. We end up eating pot luck supper!

Kids attend parties and eat rubbish. - or they snack on the goodies that are bought in for the festive season.

Jacques would almost certainly have treats too.

My little girl will be 6 years old over the festive season. She still counts days in "sleeps" - "how many sleeps?" she has questioned the existence of Santa but happily accepted that Santa only comes to houses that believe in him.

I think Burke would know about santa - perhaps this was his first Christmas knowing the whole truth (i.e. with full parental confirmation).

So was Burke playing his part? When our son knew the truth, he pretended for his younger sister and enjoyed the game.

Kids can be quite cruel though. Would another child at the party drop hints about Santa?

What about materialism. Burke was awaiting the toy of the year. Was there any rivalry about awaited gifts?

I do the same thing about dinner! lol! I swear I don't know what in the heck we are going to have tonight!
Isn't this the party Patsy didn't intend to have? How she must have rushed around to get everything ready. But she did have LHP there to help. But if she didn't intend to have this party then how did she come up with the scarves she handed out to the gentlemen at the party? And does anyone know what the ladies recieved? If she bought I know, I know...Trixie get out your books and find the answers.

I've done this every year for the past eight years. As we decorate the tree, as we hang the ornaments, visit friends to deliver hand- baked cookies and fudge.
Please take care, everyone. The burden of sorrow can be great through the remembering that such a tiny beautiful innocent little girl was living her Christmas life too, unaware.
It's still so hard to comprehend how and why she was slaughtered in her home, then laid under her Christmas tree the next day.

why_nutt said:
I propose an experiment; we can see how it goes.

Today is the 23rd of December. Today is the day that the Ramseys are holding a party in their house, where Santa and Mrs. Santa will distribute toys to children and gingerbread houses will be decorated while the adults entertain themselves.

It is 9:53 a.m. here on the East Coast; it is 7:53 a.m. in Boulder as I write this post.

Let us walk through the next few days as the Ramseys had to. Let us feel for ourselves whether John and Patsy could have accomplished everything they say they did, and, indeed, whether there were many hours when they could have been accomplishing things they brush off as too busy to do.

It is 7:53 a.m. in Boulder. Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, right now, is at the house helping clean for the party that begins later this afternoon. What is Patsy doing right now? What is John doing? What are JonBenet, and Burke, and Linda's daughter Ariana, and John Andrew, and Melinda, and everyone else, doing right now?

Let us not forget that Patsy's father, Don Paugh, right at this moment is also in Boulder. He is not living in the house, he lives in an apartment on Pearl Street. So he will also be attending the party.

Is breakfast over yet? I suspect it is. That means the children are running around right now, as you read this. What is Patsy doing? Is John at work? In 1996, today is a Monday, so he can be, but as one who is familiar with corporate purchase practices, I can tell you that Access Graphics is not terribly busy, because most of the customers are starting to gear down for the holidays, and nobody is writing out purchase orders to Access today.

I'm sorry that I don't have much info to contribute to this thread

but I find it fascinating and I'm following it to put myself in their shoes

to help give me more insight on those days 9 years ago.

Thank you!

Jayelles said:

And what a disappointment it must have been to hear that Charles Kurault and the film crew wouldn't be coming to the Christmas party as was planned.

There are now 31 people partying in the house. Guests include Fleet and Priscilla White and their son Fleet III and daughter Daphne; Priscilla's mother and father. John and Barbara Fernie and their son Luke and one other child; Don Paugh; Larry and Pinky Barber and their children; Linda Hoffman-Pugh and her daughter Adrianna; two California male guests of the White's (Bill Cox, the husband of Priscilla's sister Heather; and Cliff Gaston, a male friend of Priscilla's niece); Glenn and Susan Stine and their son Doug; Joe and Betty Barnhill; uninvited Glen Meyer (the Barnhill's boarder); and Bill and Janet McReynolds.

At some point, someone dialled 911 and the police came out. Susan Stine opened the door and told them there was no problem so they went away.

Is this normal? Wouldn't the police insist on speaking to the owner of the house? We know Susan Stine likes to impersonate people - did she say she WAS Patsy Ramsey? Just a thought.

According to Patsy, the party finished around 8.30pm. Lots of excited kids and messy gingerbread house construction - lots of mess. LHP was expected back the next day to help clear up so it seems likely that a cursory clear-up only took place. By that I mean:-

plates and glasses stacked in the kitchen
perhaps a first dishwasher load was put on
ashtrays emptied to reduce odours lingering

Who was last to leave?

Were the ramseys merry? I don't know what kind of parties they would have. Did they imbibe some?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back