999 users online (164 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada - Alvin Dunic, 57, Crawford Bay, BC, 29 May 2017

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/05..._16896584.html
    CRAWFORD BAY, B.C. - Searchers backed by a dog team and a helicopter continue to scour a recreational area of southeastern British Columbia hoping to find any sign of a school teacher who disappeared on Monday.

An RCMP news release says Alvin Dunic left Crawford Bay Elementary-Secondary School, about 75 kilometres north of Creston, just before noon.

It says the 57-year-old wanted to find a good spot for a class project and intended to return in about 30 minutes, but was reported overdue just before 3 p.m.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 09-03-2017 at 11:29 AM.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/missing-teacher-1.4139544
    B.C. teacher goes missing while looking for spot to read poetry

Dunic's car was found about two kilometres away near a bridge straddling Crawford Creek, which is normally a fairly calm brook, but is currently swollen with the spring run-off.

More than 40 people from several search and rescue organization spent the afternoon and evening searching for Dunic, including an aerial search of the creek right out to Kootenay Lake.
    Teeka Ferguson
    on Monday

As some of you may know, my husband, Alvin went missing by Crawford Creek today. Search and rescue have used helicopters, dogs and ground search, with no luck. They are stopping tonight, but will continue en masse tomorrow. They have asked that I send out a message on Facebook to emphasize that NOBODY should go out looking for Alvin. They need the trails untouched for the dogs to track Alvin and to look for evidence. SO, IF YOU CARE ABOUT ALVIN YOU WILL STAY AWAY FROM THE SEARCH SITE AND LEAVE IT TO THE PROS. Our family thanks you in advance for you cooperation.

Praying for Alvin's safe return
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

http://globalnews.ca/news/3495194/se...the-kootenays/

Search enters 4th day for teacher missing in the Kootenays
    His vehicle was found unlocked on Woolgar Road, at the Crawford Creek trail head.

Dunic’s wife has been posting on Facebook saying the family is anxious and exhausted but most importantly, hopeful.
    Teeka Ferguson

on Tuesday

Update: Alvin is still missing. The search and rescue are working really hard to find him. They incredibly organized and professional, and most important, hopeful. Please continue to stay away from search area.

Rajka, Jett and I are anxious and exhausted, but remain sure Alvin will be with us soon. To all of you who have messaged, I will reply as I can, but please know we are incredibly grateful to know so many are focussing their thoughts Alvin. I believe he can feel your love and it makes him stronger.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-b-c-1.4144532
    Search intensifies for missing teacher near Creston, B.C.
    The search for a missing teacher in southeastern British Columbia will ramp up this weekend
    Divers will utilize a towed sonar device and will attempt dives in the area, Moskaluk added.

He said 50 search and rescue personnel from Penticton, Trail, Nelson, Kaslo, Creston, Kimberly and Golden — along with volunteers from the Crawford Bay area — will arrive over the weekend to expand search efforts.

Moskaluk said there has been no physical sign of where Dunic might be.

Still missing.

http://bctvkootenays.com/2017/06/16/...levels-recede/
    June 16 2017

The Creston RCMP and Nelson Search and Rescue Team (SAR) will be resuming search efforts for missing Crawford Bay resident Alvin Dunic on Monday June 19th.

Since suspension of the search effort to locate 57 year old on June 4th, 2017, the water levels in Crawford Creek have been closely monitored and have now receded sufficiently for search efforts to resume.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...wers-1.4173391
    June 22 2017
    'Any explanation becomes possible': Wife of missing Kootenay teacher pleads for answers

Alvin Dunic, 57, has been missing since May 29
    The wife of a Kootenay-area teacher who disappeared almost a month ago is desperate for any clues about his disappearance.

"It's extremely distressing. It's hard to know what to do or how to be when you don't have any answers," said Alvin Dunic's wife, Teeka Ferguson
    Other possibilities

Ferguson said she has shifted her focus to the possibility Dunic is somewhere else.

She says one possibility is Dunic may have had an episode of confusion and somehow ended up on the road and is elsewhere.

He had a similar episode five years ago, she explained.
    "In talking to a lot of community members — because I've had to ask those questions myself as I'm processing — people that have known him, people he confided in [all said] he seemed really happy."

https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/craw...-unsuccessful/

June 22 2017
    rbbm.
    Search and rescue crews are stumped after a thorough search of Crawford Creek failed to produce any trace of missing teacher Alvin Dunic, who has been missing since May 29.

They had previously combed through the surrounding forested area, and now they’ve run out of places to look. West Kootenay public information officer Chris Armstrong said the search has been thorough.
    Dunic’s wife Teeka Ferguson is determined not to give up.

“This week’s search of the creek did not bring us Alvin, nor any clue of his disappearance. I continue to focus on trying to get his face out across Canada and have been asking people on Facebook to post in their places of work. I’m looking into trying to utilize networks to get the missing persons poster in hospitals and other public places across Canada.”

Ferguson has reached out to national media in hopes of getting Dunic’s face seen country-wide, but so far has had no luck.

“If he’s not in the creek he has to be somewhere, and so, we need to find him.”

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

I have joined this site as I live in the area and this case has been concerning me.

I wanted to bring up the fact that 2 weeks prior to Alvin's disappearance, another man, Lemar Halimi, was reported missing from Nelson, BC (across the lake from Crawford Bay).

Has the possibility of a link between the disappearance of the two men been ruled out?

Thank you, C.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    Hello,

I have joined this site as I live in the area and this case has been concerning me.

I wanted to bring up the fact that 2 weeks prior to Alvin's disappearance, another man, Lemar Halimi, was reported missing from Nelson, BC (across the lake from Crawford Bay).

Has the possibility of a link between the disappearance of the two men been ruled out?

Thank you, C.
    Welcome to Ws Canucklehead, thanks for that intriguing tidbit, will check it out!

Started thread for the other missing man.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?341799-Lemar-Halimi-22-Nelson-BC-15-May-2017&p=13465080#post13465080
    Lemar Halimi, 22, Nelson, BC. 15 May 2017

Hello & thank you. I don't want to upset anyone or make assumptions. However, I've just noticed on the BC RCMP missing person's page that another man, Leo Patrick Remy, disappeared in April in nearby Castlegar (ie: 30mins from Nelson, along hwy 3a, and Nelson being across from Crawford Bay) under similar circumstances it seems.
    - C.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    Hello & thank you. I don't want to upset anyone or make assumptions. However, I've just noticed on the BC RCMP missing person's page that another man, Leo Patrick Remy, disappeared in April in nearby Castlegar (ie: 30mins from Nelson, along hwy 3a, and Nelson being across from Crawford Bay) under similar circumstances it seems.
    - C.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?341801-Leo-Patrick-REMY-59-Castlegar-BC-1-April-2017&p=13465116#post13465116
    Leo Patrick REMY, 59, Castlegar, BC. 1 April 2017

I would be VERY interested to know details of this 'episode' he had five years ago. I think that might be the key to all of this.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast