CO CO - Robert Bowling, 3 months, & Ashley Bowling (found safe), Parker, 1985

Bubbles

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information on this missing child. He was abducted from Parker Colorado in 1985.

He is listed on both the doe network and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. They basically have the identical information.

He was only 3 MONTHS old when he disappeared.

There are lots of peculiar things that are interesting about this case:
1. No photographs of him were available at the time he went missing. A composite drawing has been made and is posted at both sites, but you have to wonder how accurate it is.

2. He originally went missing with his sister. His sister was later located. How much later? Neither site says.

I know. The whole thing is so strange. Who does not take pictures of their babies? I used to live in the town he was born in and when I first found the story on the web I asked people who had been living there when it happened and no one could remember any details.
Why is there no family website? Why did the paper never do any follow up? It hurts me that no one seems to be looking for him. I have emailed the local police dept but they never got back to me.

This does sound odd. Questions I want answered-- How old was the sister? Was she too young to provide any information on where she and her brother were?

this case is odd. if there are no anwers and only questions and noone seems to want to say anything or know a single piece of info, could the mother have simply given her child away? this sounds mean to accuse the parents of this but if they arn't looking for him and seem not to care that surely has to open people's eyes.

This case is very interesting to me also. I've been trying to find more information on it myself. I did get this little bit...
Robert was last seen in Parker, Colorado on August 11, 1985. He was initially reported missing along with his sister, Ashley Anne Bowling. Ashley's date of birth February 15, 1984; she was eighteen months old at the time she and her brother disappeared. She has since been located, but Robert has never been heard from again.

Now I know her name and how old she was when they disappeared. Maybe this will help to find out more!

I did find a post That an " Ashley Anne Bowling" left in Nov of 2003 at this website http://www.murdervictims.com/Voices/jeneliz_GB03Dec.htm
but she states her age as being 17 which would be off by 2 years if my calculations are correct. Her post is...

Signer_FullName: Ashley Anne Bowling
Signer_Email: Gshsdancer
Remote Name: 152.31.2.221
Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2003
Time: 01:18 PM

Comments

I am 17 years old. I too was unsure about the death penalty, but this story brought tears to my eyes and anger in my heart. That is the cruelest thing I have ever heard of in my short life. My prayers go out to that family and the families of all raped and murdered victims.

I found out there is a Glenwood Springs High School in Colorado. Which could account for her name "GSHSdancer". But If this was her I can't think of any reason she would not be honest about her age. I don't know but Im going to keep looking!

Any updates or info on this one?

Facebook page for a Ashley Anne Bowling
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Anne-Bowling/11828029

A listing of students with honors from NCSU, there is a Ashley Anne Bowling
http://www.ncsu.edu/project/OPDWebSpace/honors/pdf/2008program.pdf

Another facebook for a Ashley Bowling
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ashley-Bowling/37527007

Colorado newspaper listing births in Volusia County,CO.
There is a listing for a baby born to a Ashley Bowling
http://www.kdvr.com/orl-vbirths0809feb08,0,6502477.story?page=2

I have been trying to find out information regarding this case. Any help is appreciated.

A strange case of two missing children.

Robert Bowling was last seen in Parker, Colorado on August 11, 1985 (3mos old). He was initially reported missing along with his sister, Ashley Anne Bowling. Ashley's date of birth February 15, 1984; she was eighteen months old at the time she and her brother disappeared. She has since been located, but Robert has never been heard from again.

A three-month-old who disappeared with his eighteen-month-old sister, but she was found later. Alive? Well? Injured? Dead? I don’t know. Were the parents involved? I have no idea.

Thanks Boyz Mum,

I have checked out the info you found. Nothing more that what I already have found unfortunately. Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch for the help.

Thanks Boyz Mum,

I have checked out the info you found. Nothing more that what I already have found unfortunately. Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch for the help.

If I think of anything of use or find anything, I'll be sure to pop in and let you know. Have you checked newspaper archives for that area?

Cubby,

Thanks, I did look there, but they have no more information than I already have. Are we allowed to call LE about things like this? I have called LE about other cases, but to only give information about persons I thought they should be interested in for ongoing cases.

:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back