KateB

Reaction score
MW5FzXe.jpg
tK3Ggd1.jpg

Shirley and Russell Dermond

Missing wife of decapitated Georgia man found dead in lake
By Chelsea J. Carter and AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN
updated 10:54 PM EDT, Fri May 16, 2014

Shirley Dermond's body was found in Lake Oconee, south of Athens, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told reporters Friday.

"We now, unfortunately, know that Shirley Dermond was murdered," Sills said. Sills declined to discuss the condition of the body other than to say, "the head was not removed or anything like that.

"We haven't even had a funeral for Russell because their kids wanted to wait. Now that we know about Shirley, we will start planning the funeral services for both.

GA GA - Shirley Dermond, 87, Putnam County **Media Links***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9Thread#10

Nothing seem to be missing, according to Sills. One theory I have is that Mr. D loaned someone some money a while back. Perhaps he was getting ready to call in that loan because he needed some cash ? And that person did not have the cash to repay the loan. Decided he would just kill the Dermonds since there was no paper IOU trail. Thought that beheading Mr. D would cause the cops to think it was drug-related.

Creepy that this person could still be running around free! Sad that the Dermonds do not have justice!

Yeah I wondered if there was a private loan too, no one would know a thing about that.........surely Mr d was wiser but who knows, if he trusted someone highly or if it was an ATTY, easy for him to say hey, I'll get this document registered and get you a copy and never do it...........we've seen on recent cases in this area what money can do or the appearances so far anyway

I don't think it had anything to do with a loan since SS said he went over all the financials for a few years back and found nothing. A small loan wouldn't bring about a murder the dermonds would just let it go and cut their losses. IMO I might be wrong .. I'm focusing on the woman who wasn't truthful and i'd like to know who the woman he is going to see this month is. Things that make you go hmmm

I don't think it's a loan either. I think it's whoever was going to inherit from them. That could be a family member in deep debt, needing drugs, etc. MOO

Whose financials did he look at?! There are other financial records SS should be looking at.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Whose financials did he look at?! There are other financial records SS should be looking at.

Razz, can you give us some hints here? What are your thoughts?

Razz, can you give us some hints here? What are your thoughts?
I feel there may have been a bit of money laundering going on. They got behind in handing over $ and the receivers of that money had the elder Dermond's whacked to send a strong message. (Can't say more as it would violate the rules.) But the
Businesses these certain people were a part of can be conducive to money laundering.

I don't think it had anything to do with a loan since SS said he went over all the financials for a few years back and found nothing. A small loan wouldn't bring about a murder the dermonds would just let it go and cut their losses. IMO I might be wrong .. I'm focusing on the woman who wasn't truthful and i'd like to know who the woman he is going to see this month is. Things that make you go hmmm

yeah even if it was private it would show a substantial payment or withdrwal...but yes I've agreed with that for a long time bout the lying relative............where there is smoke there is fire.........still dont want to discount everything and just say it isn't so

I feel there may have been a bit of money laundering going on. They got behind in handing over $ and the receivers of that money had the elder Dermond's whacked to send a strong message. (Can't say more as it would violate the rules.) But the
Businesses these certain people were a part of can be conducive to money laundering.

yes and i wondered WHO was doing the investigating, SS himself or a deputy? Should it be someone with a bit more knowledge? I'd like to know also WHO was looking at the accounts and yes WHICH ones if he still held any business accounts, you can find them on the computer if no paper trail

"I" think the beheading was the biggest part of this whole mess that confuses the investigation as well as MRs D being hauled off making it confusing as to whether it was a kidnapping or not.........it's hard to believe the kids would have their parents killed much less have one beheaded, but whoever was hired to do this surely made it confusing so no one looks at the children or or as a simple robbery gone bad or hardly anyone for that matter because it's hard to fathom that anyone other than a CULT (bingo) or terrorist/mafia group would do this and WHY would a the latter 2 have any ties to the quiet unassuming dermonds...............didnt keith say a cult..........HMMM. THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE MAY FATHOM AND as before.....who is leading the investigation, pointing to this or that.........so many things make sense but like evyerone has said, you ahve to follow the money, since they weren't poor folk especially

yes and i wondered WHO was doing the investigating, SS himself or a deputy? Should it be someone with a bit more knowledge? I'd like to know also WHO was looking at the accounts and yes WHICH ones if he still held any business accounts, you can find them on the computer if no paper trail
In order to investigate the kids' finances, wouldn't he need probable cause? He would also need a forensic accountant I think, and I doubt there's enough money in the budget for one.

In order to investigate the kids' finances, wouldn't he need probable cause? He would also need a forensic accountant I think, and I doubt there's enough money in the budget for one.

I was referring to investigating the dermonds finances which SS says was done, how thoroughly IDK but apparntly nothing lead to the children during that probing, if theyhad then wouldnt that be the probably cause? Clearly they had none, it's not a crime to inherit your family's farm............but murdering them is.............so to prove it and there is nothing that leads to that..........except the lying daughter but apparently that's not enough

I was referring to investigating the dermonds finances which SS says was done, how thoroughly IDK but apparntly nothing lead to the children during that probing, if theyhad then wouldnt that be the probably cause? Clearly they had none, it's not a crime to inherit your family's farm............but murdering them is.............so to prove it and there is nothing that leads to that..........except the lying daughter but apparently that's not enough
I'd like a forensic accountant to view the sons' finances. I don't think the elder Dermond's finances have anything to do nefariously with their sons.

I'd like a forensic accountant to view the sons' finances. I don't think the elder Dermond's finances have anything to do nefariously with their sons.

Oh I see, yes I agree...........no probable cause to go there.....yet........check mate..........

IIRC, one son had a bit of financial problems not long before the murders. Maybe two years? He moved his family to Florida where his brother lived.

Also, one brother was very active on FB after the murders, but I don't recall which one.

However, I don't recall what the reference to the "lying daughter" was over. Guess I missed it. Could someone inform me?

I wonder about the finances of the grandkids too. they must be in their 30's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member