Height (inches) 60.0
Weight (pounds) 125.0

Circumstances
City Yakima
State Washington
Zip code
County Yakima
Circumstances
Linda Adams was last seen in Yakima, Washington on June 1, 1978.

Physical
Hair color Brown

Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description
No known distinctive body features

Clothing and accessories are unknown

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

Fingerprint Information

Investigating Agency
Title Det. Sgt.
First name Mike
Last name Russell
Phone 509-574-2561
Website
Case number 04-20415
Date reported
Jurisdiction County
Agency Yakima County Sheriff's Office
Address 1 1822 S. 1st Street
Address 2 P.O. Box 1388
City Yakima
State Washington
Zip code 98907
Comments

Images
There are currently no images available for this case.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

No picture of her and not sure how reliable most of her information is; she, like Linda Jackson, was not reported missing until a considerable amount of time later at the request of the Green River Task Force. They probably believe she could be a victim.

Original
Original

Missing Person Case

I recently found pictures of a Linda Adams in a 1977 Seattle yearbook, i sent them to her NamUs case manager and they have added them to her profile.

This case seems interesting as I have been studying a lot of case from the mid to late 1970s

This news article labels Linda as a 'chronic runaway' A dozen people still missing in Yakima County which IMO was a common label to give missing girls in those days, but could indicate she was hitchhiking, or that she had an unhappy home life, or that she left permanently of her own accord, or all the above.

I found this UID and Linda is not listed as a rule out on Namus so I have submitted as a possible match:
UID UP5706 found Pierce WA August 1978 Unidentified Person Case

The dates and locations both line up.
Both women were white.
Age range matches.
Hair matches - long and brown
Height is out by 7 inches but in my opinion the other factors warrant this being looked into especially given the UID's remains were apparently not complete so the height estimation may have been incorrect.

Interested to know what else you found about her if anything? What was the name of the high school and what made you realise you got the right Linda Adams?

Linda attended Lincoln high school in Seattle, Washington. I figured that it was the missing Linda Adams because the age range matched up, Linda was only 15 when she disappeared in 1978, and she did not appear in the 1978 or 1979 yearbooks. The pictures i found were from the 1977 yearbook.

The second photo of Linda is from the girls basketball team.

This news article labels Linda as a 'chronic runaway' A dozen people still missing in Yakima County which IMO was a common label to give missing girls in those days, but could indicate she was hitchhiking, or that she had an unhappy home life, or that she left permanently of her own accord, or all the above.

I found this UID and Linda is not listed as a rule out on Namus so I have submitted as a possible match:

Both women were white.
Age range matches.
Height is out by 7 inches but in my opinion the other factors warrant this being looked into especially given the UID's remains were apparently not complete so the height estimation may have been incorrect.

Wow, great find! well done.

Both women were white.
Age range matches.
The UID mentioned was destroyed.

The UID mentioned was destroyed.
Yes I know, but hopefully it could be matched on dentals. Linda's are in the system and according to this quote from the UID's websleuths page there seems to be dentals that still exist for the UID? ""Authorities apparently believed the Eatonville skeleton was placed at the scene after 1974. Pierce County, Washington officials did not compare Manson's records to those of the unidentified victim, although a King County, Washington investigator inquired about the possibility during the late 1970's. X-rays and additional records for the victim disappeared from Pierce county sometime afterwards. It is unclear what happened to the documents. A forensic dentist employed by law enforcement officials ruled out seven missing persons as potential matches for the Eatonville remains in 1978. Manson remained the only possible match to the victim, although the skeleton was destroyed afterwards.""

Yes I know, but hopefully it could be matched on dentals. Linda's are in the system and according to this quote from the UID's websleuths page there seems to be dentals that still exist for the UID? ""Authorities apparently believed the Eatonville skeleton was placed at the scene after 1974. Pierce County, Washington officials did not compare Manson's records to those of the unidentified victim, although a King County, Washington investigator inquired about the possibility during the late 1970's. X-rays and additional records for the victim disappeared from Pierce county sometime afterwards. It is unclear what happened to the documents. A forensic dentist employed by law enforcement officials ruled out seven missing persons as potential matches for the Eatonville remains in 1978. Manson remained the only possible match to the victim, although the skeleton was destroyed afterwards.""
Yes their are a few MP that may match these remains:

Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project

Donna Gail Manson – The Charley Project

Linda M. Adams – The Charley Project

Great - well hopefully they can easily rule in/out. Thank you.
Well there are many possible matches to these remains. They could be any of bundys missing victims in Washington or Oregon. They can be Andria bailey but they can’t rule her in or out because she only has DNA available. Donna Gail Manson is thought to be the match to these remains and she can be compared because she has dental records. Linda Adams can also be compared as well.

Well there are many possible matches to these remains. They could be any of bundys missing victims in Washington or Oregon. They can be Andria bailey but they can’t rule her in or out because she only has DNA available. Donna Gail Manson is thought to be the match to these remains and she can be compared because she has dental records. Linda Adams can also be compared as well.
Of course - did you submit any of these? I’ve submitted Linda.

Of course - did you submit any of these? I’ve submitted Linda.
I tried submitting Andria but no luck. She has different identifiers. I could submit Donna Manson, Suzanne Rae Justis, Rita jolly, Vicki hollar, Georgeann Hawkins, or Marla Jean Thomas. I have to check their doe pages for identifiers quickly. I will paste links to the ones with dentals. Deborah Tomilson could also be possible, Diane Sue Gilchrist, and Jaimie Grissim. Laurie partridge.

Can someone help me decide on which MP I submit?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back