1285 users online (189 members and 1096 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question!

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.websleuths.com Port 80

Do any or all of you get this message when you go to the front page?

Please don't make a comment on the server or problems that may have caused this. Just tell me if you see the front page or not.
    Thanks!

Re: Question!

Originally posted by River
    Forbidden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't make a comment on the server or problems that may have caused this. Just tell me if you see the front page or not.
    Thanks!
    Yes, I get this message. So, I went to a search engine (iwon.com) and did a search on "websleuths". I then clicked on the link that was provided and it brought me into the forum. I still can't get to the front page, though.

My saved link has always been to the forums page. I've not visited the main page in eons. I'll go try that now, and see what happens.

Yes River. When you hit the HOME link, at the top of the FORUMS main page, that link takes you to a FORBIDDEN MESSAGE PAGE.

So, that would be happening for everyone who tries to reach WS through the main page, and not through a saved forums page link.

Right...what Sprocket said....

My saved link works fine to the forum.

River I got it this morning. I figured out how to get in, but the title page is missing along with some forums.

Elle

Problems Accessing WS

Yesterday I was getting the same message all afternoon. I was able to finally ascertain the following as the direct URL to take me to the main forums page. It was nothing clever I did to find it. I clicked on an old page I had saved with some Thanksgiving recipies and and found myself back in unexpectedly. I then checked the properties of the new page and came up with this URL that works:

http://websleuths.com/forums/index.php?s=

It will take you directly to the forum index.

If you changed the DNS it may take 24 hours or so for it to work through the Internet pipeline.

I don't have access to the front page or a few other admin things. So I don't have access to the DNS lines, etc. We haven't started to move the site yet. A few other things need to be done first.

It will all work out. I just needed to know if anyone could access it or not. That means that it's gone, gone gone.

At this point, all I can do is laugh!

River, where ever your registered www.websleuths.com, fax them with what ever papers you need, to show the correct email address, yours, so that you can go in, online and change the DNS pointers yourself.

(I did this with register.com for my web sites, when I needed to change the access email, so I could redirect the DNS...)

Re: Question!

Originally posted by River
    Forbidden

Thanks!
    I don't come here thru the mainpage, but I checked it out. I'm getting the same error message, too.

I was able to get in, through a Laci Forum link I saved, this one:

http://207.36.4.219/forums/forumdisp...p?s=&forumid=3

...i got the error, too, River.

...also, when i clicked on my desktop link that i have had since the last "redo" of the forum, i got a huge error message. then, just a few minutes ago, i got back in ok.

...hang in there! we're hanging in there with ya!

...feme.
    ...feme.

I can't get in to the main page, I come in thru a link.

I'm getting that message too. I went to google and did a search and was able to get on. I thought it was just me getting that message.

Yeeaaaahhhhhh!!!! You're found again. You probably already know WS was lost in cyber space for a brief time again this p.m. After I posted my last note on this thread, this is the message I got no matter how I tried to access the site:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Anyway, glad that brief disappearance is over!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast