964 users online (230 members and 734 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Sgt. Kevin Kight, 34, shot to death, Panama City Beach, 27 March 2005

The man accused of killing Panama City Beach Police Sgt. Kevin Kight may have shot down his own chances for an insanity defense.

Prosecutors, under a Freedom of Information Act request from NewsChannel Seven, handed over a recording of a telephone conversation between Robert Bailey and one of his friends.

Bailey’s defense attorney has filed paperwork arguing that Bailey is not mentally competent to stand trial for the murder.

Bailey tells Braz he’s trying to convenience psychologists he’s mildly retarded. They he explains why. “You ain’t understanding brother. If you have to go to the nut house for five years, and they don’t find you competent, they legally find you not guilty by reason of insanity.”

Bailey then went on to tell his friend to ignore any unusual letters he may send in the future. It’s all part of his scam to get off for the murder. He says jail officials are monitoring his mail so he writes things that would lead them to believe he’s from the future.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

LOL!!! I am glad the fool got busted!

That is to funny. I wonder if he knows that his azz is grass yet!!

Yep. This happened a couple of miles from my house. I could not beleive this guy was insane. And it turns out he isn't. lol

The had announced he may never do time because he was so crazy. I am dissapointed psychiatrist did not see thru this charade.
    He isn't crazy, he is just mean as hell.

He's not crazy. And he's not retarded--but he IS stupid.

From March 2011:

Kevin Kight was patrolling Front Beach Road when he pulled over a man named Robert Bailey. That routine traffic stop quickly took a turn for the worst... Kight was shot twice in the upper torso and later died at the hospital...

Judge Michael Overstreet sentence Bailey to death in April of 2007.