AR AR - Ernie Earls, 21, Piggott, 3 April 1987

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
5057DMAR.jpg

Name: Ernie Lonnie Earls
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 3, 1987
Location Last Seen: Piggott, Clay County, Arkansas
[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: circa 1966
Race: White
Height: 5'2"-5'6"
Weight: 120-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Described as muscular
[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Blue jeans; possibly wearing light blue shirt with three stripes on the sleeve; stripes may have been orange, white, and yellow.
Jewelry: Often wore a necklace with an eagle charm, possibly gold in color
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Ernie was last seen at his grandparent's house on Father's Day in 1987. He left on foot to meet an unknown male. Family witnessed Ernie get into a yellow vehicle. He was not reported missing until 1993. His "Missing Since" date may be incorrect: it may be June 21, 1987, which was the date that Father's Day occurred in 1987.
[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: Clay County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Chris Crawford
Agency Phone Number: (870)598-2270
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: W87734
NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 11230
[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h] NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/5057dmar.html

It seems odd that his family waited so long to report him missing. I'd like to know what their thoughts were. Had there been any kind of falling out that day? Had he come out of the closet? Was it normal for him to be out of contact with his family for extended periods of time? Did they think he was involved in criminal activities?

Definitely wonder why they waited so long to report him missing.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Exactly and they don't know his birthday?

Exactly and they don't know his birthday?

I don't know, but I suspect his birth year and age are wrong in this missing profile.

I found an Ernest Lonnie Earls SS Death record on Ancestry with date of death June 15, 1987, place of death Pocahontas, Arkansas, and it says in the description: EST DEATH AFTER 7 YR ABS. So I'm 99% sure this is the missing man. The date of birth listed is 17 Jul 1963. How could they be off by 3 years on DOB when listing him missing?

With him being so young, do you think he ran away so he wouldn't have to go back to military and is possibly alive somewhere?

With him being so young, do you think he ran away so he wouldn't have to go back to military and is possibly alive somewhere?

Possibly. There have been cases of people running away and living under different identities but there is no motive for that in the little info we know about his case.

That could be an option. He might not even know he was reported missing.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

From 2003
State Police Continue To Investigate 16-Year-Old Region 8 Murder Case
State Police Continue To Investigate 16-Year-Old Region 8 Murder Case
Published: Nov. 30, 2003 at 10:42 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 1, 2003 at 9:06 PM EST
KNOBEL, AR - The case of farm laborer Earnest Lonnie Earles is 16 years old and the initial state police investigator has since retired.
Now, special agent Phil Carter of the Arkansas State Police suspects Earles was killed, but no one has been arrested and it would be hard to get a murder charge to stick.Even so, Carter feels he and Clay County Sheriff Ronnie Cole may be getting close to asking the prosecutor to bring charges.
Last year, Carter developed information while working on another criminal case in a nearby county. After reviewing the old file, Carter and Cole developed a number of new leads.
They searched a rural area on the Black River on two different occasions, using dogs trained to detect cadavers. And they now believe Earles was shot and killed after being lured to an area near the river.
A family member reported the 25-year-old man missing from his home in Knobel on June 21, 1987.

From 2012
Never Forgotten: Arkansans takes action | thv11.com
"We want closure," saysKevin Earls. Earlsand his is sister Karen Jones are looking for answers. He says, "We came to get our DNA's done so we can hopefully find our brother who is missing."
Their brother, Ernie Earls, disappeared when he was 21. Jones says, "He was last seen in Noble Arkansas, he came up missing on Father's day of 1987, that's when he was last seen." Earls would now be 47. "He would have been home, he was always in and out so something happened we just don't know what."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back