KY KY - Ronald 'Brett' Kinser, 25, Bowling Green, 23 Dec 1993

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1010dmky.html

RKinser.jpg

Kinser, circa 1993.

Ronald Brett Kinser
Missing since December 23, 1993 from Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
* Date Of Birth: November 25, 1968
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'2"; 180 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark brown hair; blue eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kinser disappeared after a car accident at the end of his family driveway on Cemetery Rd. in Bowling Green, Kentucky at approximately midnight on December 23, 1993.
[/size][/font]

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/2047882.html

Cold Case Reopened
Missing Warren County Man
Lori Mitchell

New information has a local detective taking a second look at the unsolved mystery of Ronald Brett Kinser, who went into town one night and never returned.

Around midnight on December 23, 1993, 25-year old Kinser was headed into town when he wrecked his car near his Cemetery Road home. When a pair of passerbys pulled over to make sure Kinser was o.k., he thanked them, then ran off into a field and hasn't been seen since.

Police searched the area surrounding the crash, but were never able to come up with any real clues.

Detective Tim Ausbrooks with the Warren County Sheriff's Department says he can't comment on the new information at this time. Only that he has been in close contact with several family members and old friends.

Ausbrooks is hoping an age progressed photo of Kinser, who would now be 37, will help find the missing man if he is still alive.

Anyone who has any information about the disappearance of Brett Kinser, you are urged to call Detective Ausbrooks at (270) 842-1633.

Thanks for the links above! Several unanswered questions:

1.) Why was Ronald going into town?

2.) What were the circumstances of his accident?

3.) Any specific personality traits, family history, background?

4.) Did Ron use or abuse alcohol or drugs?

5.) With it being so close to Christmas at the time that Ronald ran into a field and disappeared, did the holidays have any affect on why he vanished?

6.) Who (if anyone) saw Ronald go into this field? How quickly did they lose site of him? What was his motive for running away?

7.) Was their any evidence in the car that could account for Ronald's disappearance?

8.) What kind of field was it? Were crops there? Although in December that would seem unlikely. Were nearby houses, farms and barns searched?

9.) Was Ron depressed? Any other health issues?

10.) What was the proximity of the field to Ron's house, or to other homes were he might have gone? Could he have hitchhiked out of town?

Satch

Bowling green? He was probably drinking and didn't want to be caught. I'm from Kentucky, I'm drinking right now, I can say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowling green? He was probably drinking and didn't want to be caught. I'm from Kentucky, I'm drinking right now, I can say that.

Subscribing and laughing!

:lol:

Yes, it sounds as though he thought he would get out of there before LE turned up to breathalyse him... But then he got lost or had an accident, or even met with foul play :(

I just looked up Cemetery Rd. in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and there is a river right next to it... Perhaps he fell into the river in the dark :(

Screenshot_2017-01-30-15-29-26.jpg

I am from Hardin County Ky which is North of Bowling Green, Barren River is used alot for people fishing and boating. It would seem if he had gone in the water that he would have surfaced and his body would have beenn found. But that area does have tons of wooded areas that probably are not walked through even on a monthly basis. I am supspecting he hit his head in the accident and was disoriented/concussion even and had no clue where he was going. I agree that the area should really be searched again.

He looks a lot like Travis Tritt to me. I agree that a new search of the surrounding area would be a good idea. Does anyone know what the weather conditions were that night? Maybe it was icy and he lost traction? How much damage did the car take? Was he bleeding?

The area he was last seen running into, has that area been built up in anyway?

Ronald Brett Kinser

RKinser.jpg

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: December 23, 1993
Location Last Seen: Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky
Date of Birth: November 25, 1968
Race: White
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180-215 lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown/collar length
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Short beard; wears contacts.

Clothing: Blue jeans with a multi-color shirt with hood. Ankle length moccasins.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kinser disappeared after a car accident at the end of his family driveway on Cemetery Road in Bowling Green, KY at approximately midnight on December 23, 1993. When a pair of passerbys pulled over to make sure Kinser was alright, he thanked them, then ran off into a field and hasn't been seen since. Police searched the area surrounding the crash, but were never able to come up with any real clues.

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Investigating Agency(s)
Warren County Sheriff's Office
Detective Timothy Robinson
270-842-1633

Agency Case Number: 93GMP026
NCIC Case Number: M-699255232

14 Unidentified Person Exclusions

UP2835 06/09/1994 San Bernardino CA
UP6149 01/22/1996 Halifax VA
UP6476 07/14/1997 New Castle DE
UP7406 03/04/1999 Yolo CA
UP75 05/06/1999 Lyon KY
UP2300 10/05/1999 Pinellas FL
UP6637 10/07/2006 Fairfax VA
UP6278 07/05/2007 Botetourt VA
UP6278 07/05/2007 Botetourt VA
UP6639 07/28/2007 Fairfax VA
UP14518 04/03/2010 Shenandoah VA
UP10908 08/29/2012 Fairfax VA
UP12425 04/04/2014 Spotsylvania VA
UP14360 08/14/2015 Bland VA

Ronald Brett Kinser – The Charley Project

Last updated December 23, 2020; clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.

• Clothing/Jewelry Description
    A purple t-dyed shirt, blue jeans and black lace-up ankle-high moccasins.
Details of Disappearance
Kinser was involved in a car accident only fifty feet from the end of the driveway at his family's residence on Cemetery Road in Bowling Green, Kentucky, at approximately midnight on December 23, 1993. He had been headed to town when he overturned his car on Cumberland Trace Road, near Interstate 65 and Cemetery Road. The car, which belonged to his grandmother, was totaled.

Two passersby asked Kinser if he was all right. He had a cut on his forehead above his eye but appeared to be otherwise uninjured. He thanked them, ran into a nearby field, and disappeared. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him. One theory is he accepted a ride from a passing motorist.

Kinser's mother, a sheriff's deputy, stated her son had a history of drug abuse and once served a short jail sentence for drug possession. She theorized he might have been fleeing from someone in the drug world when he disappeared. He left behind his wallet, and he had less than $5 in cash when he went missing. Since his disappearance, his Social Security number has not been used.

Kinser was close to his grandmother, and she had been diagnosed with cancer prior to his disappearance. She has since died, and he didn't show up for her funeral. His case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back