732 users online (121 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    here are some missing adults in NY.. there is only one woman from Yonkers

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/mi...lnerable-adult

these are missing College Kids in NY and there is 1 guy and 1 girl from Yonkers
    http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/mi...ollege-student

there are a couple old men missing from the areas near by in the Bronx.. I actually noticed and did not realize how many there are old men missing...

http://nypdnews.com/tag/missing-person/

Missing: 1016-17-49-Pct-Missing-4-15-17-931x1024[1].jpg
    Cameron, Clarance
    87-year-old male Black
    2275 Olinville Avenue
    Bronx, NY
    *It was reported to the police that Clarance Cameron was last seen on Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 5:30*p.m. at his residence. He is 5’11” tall, 175 pounds, with a heavy build, dark complexion and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray hat, a gray suit, a red and beige polo shirt and black shoes. He may be using a blue walker.

*Missing: 644-17-46-SQD-Missing-03-02-17-PHOTO[1].jpg
    Figuereo, Manuel
    75 year-old male
    1684 Nelson Avenue
    Bronx, NY
    It was reported to police that the missing was last seen on Thursday March 2, 2017, inside of 1684 Nelson Avenue, at approximately 7:00*p.m. The missing is described as a male Hispanic, 5’2″ tall, 140lbs, brown eyes and gray hair; last seen wearing a black hat with the words, “Happy New Year’s”, on it, a brown coat and black pants.

Missing: 967-17-42-PDU-Missing-04-03-17-PHOTO-700x1024[1].jpg
    Diaz, Carmelo
    75 year-old male
    1182 Washington Avenue
    Bronx, NY
    *It was reported to police that the missing was last seen on Monday April 3, 2017, inside of 1182 Washington Avenue, at approximately 8:13*a.m. The missing is described as a male Hispanic, 5’9″ tall, 170lbs, brown eyes and partially balding salt and pepper hair; last seen wearing a red, blue and green flannel jacket, blue jeans, a red baseball cap and white sneakers.

*Missing:RMA-360-17-44-Pct-MiSSING-Jaime-Palermo-704x1024[1].jpg
    Palermo, Jaime
    74-year-old male Hispanic
    1188 Sherman Avenue, Apt#2
    Bronx, NY
    *Jaime Palermo was last seen Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 1:00*p.m. inside of his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’1″ tall, weighing 135 lbs., with a thin build, mustache, brown eyes and grey hair. He was last seen wearing a multi-colored baseball cap, black jeans, black sneakers and a black jacket.

Missing:473-17-Missing-43-Pct-PictureC[1].jpg
    Pichardo, Ramon
    80-year-old male Hispanic
    1824 McGraw Avenue
    Bronx, NY
    *It was reported to police that Ramon Pichardo was last seen Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 6:00*p.m. at his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’10” tall, weighing 125 lbs. and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a blue baseball hat with an American eagle on the front, a black jacket, blue jeans and black boots.* Mr. Pichardo wears glasses and is missing several teeth in the front of his mouth.

Missing:
    Cantos, Joel
    71-year-old male*
    333 West 86 Street, Apt#301
    Manhattan, NY
    *It was reported to the police that Joel Cantos was last seen Friday, May 19, 2017 at 4:30*p.m. leaving his residence. He is described as being approximately 5’9″ tall, weighing 154 lbs., with a thin build, light complexion, brown eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a black track suit.
    Last edited by madamx; 06-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.

this guy went missing on the other side of Van Cortlandt park.. on the opposite end of the park the Carpet was found...

Missing:RMA2615-16-52-Pct-Missing-09-10-16[1].jpg
    Pagan, Angelo
    72-year-old Hispanic male
    3530 Rochambeau Avenue*
    Bronx, NY
    *Mr. Pagan was last seen on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 11:30*a.m. inside of his residence. He is 5’8″ tall, 120 pounds, with a thin build, a dark complexion, grey hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a dark green t-shirt, blue jeans and black Puma sneakers.

Yonkers PD release pictures of jewelry found with skeletal remains

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crim...ins/401309001/

Oh wow this is a great find Gardener1850 hopefully someone can recognize the jewelry . To me it looks like it's an older mans jewlery as the watch looks kind of vintage (I could be wrong) I can't tell what the brand is or anything written, I wish it were clearer. Also looking at the ring it looked like the person had lost weight and they taped the ring to make it fit their finger.The ring also looks well worn. Again this article mentions that the remains were AGED but does not give a time frame of what AGED is...I wish I could read what the watch says to be able to find out perhaps when its from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Yonkers PD release pictures of jewelry found with skeletal remains

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/crim...ins/401309001/
    Last edited by madamx; 06-15-2017 at 06:23 PM.

I was thinking that of the ring as well---with the tape on the back of the ring we can hope for a finger print or two. Odd that the watch band is so rusty.
    Not to sound like a dope-- but I am a huge Antiques Road Show fan--- wonder if one of the jewelers could provide some info on origins of the jewelry.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

yes someone that knows watches could identify the watch I wish it was a clearer image. I noticed the rust also which brings up the Aged question. Maybe the person was wrapped in that rug for a very long time. This reminds me soo much of that story from the 1990s of the Drag Queen Dorian that died here in NYC and after her death they found this guy wrapped in naugahyde in her closet and it turned out to be a guy that had been missing since the 70s or something like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by hot cawfee View Post
    I was thinking that of the ring as well---with the tape on the back of the ring we can hope for a finger print or two. Odd that the watch band is so rusty.
    Not to sound like a dope-- but I am a huge Antiques Road Show fan--- wonder if one of the jewelers could provide some info on origins of the jewelry.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3993dmny.htmlGSLennon[1].jpg

George Solomon Lennon
    Missing since November 2, 1999 from Queens, New York
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: June 3, 1919
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 80 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 170 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Graying, black hair; brown eyes; medium complexion. Wears glasses with wire frames.
    Clothing, Jewelry: Gray hat; black cotton jacket; gold watch, gold ring.
    Medical: Possibly suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Lennon was last seen at approximately 07:00 at his residence in the vicinity of 24th Street in Queens, New York on November 2, 1999. He wandered away from his residence possibly traveling toward Florida.

Michael Klein, 69, Brooklyn, 23 Nov 2003 went missing from Brooklyn. Yakovlev cleaned out the house and his friend took the house over.. I wonder if this is Mr Klein and he had been kept until now.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...kovlev-guilty*

I hope someone recognizes the jewelry. If not I think there were still some teeth in the mandible. Would there be a smoky smell if the body was charred vs maybe musty if mummified? Hopefully closure for a family.

636331409711282888-jewlery-4[1].jpg I have been able to figure out this much.. The bottom 2 words look like JAPAN MOVT then in the middle the word looks like QUARTZ and right under that WATER RESISTANT. But I still don't know the company of the watch... ugh

Wow!! Good eye madamx. Last night I was trying every which way to make it out with no luck. It could just be the picture, but the numbers look oversized. Which perhaps means it was for someone with poor eyesight ie older person.

Quote Originally Posted by agilbe View Post
    Wow!! Good eye madamx. Last night I was trying every which way to make it out with no luck. It could just be the picture, but the numbers look oversized. Which perhaps means it was for someone with poor eyesight ie older person.
    This kind of style of watch, particularly how wonky the numbers look, was prevalent in a watch design in 30's and 40's. Now, that's not to say this was a replica of sorts as things come in and out of fashion.

That ring looks like a pinky ring. Remember the movie "Goodfellas", all the male characters wore pinky rings. The band on that watch probably isn't the original. I'd say it's more likely from the 1950s or 60s when Japanese movements were gaining after WW2.
    If I'm right about the pinky ring...Carmelo Diaz (posted above by madamx- post #17) seems to be sporting quite a handful of rings. http://nypdnews.com/2017/04/missing-person-bronx-37/

Long shot but==== maybe the ring and or watch is engraved ????
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast