Found Deceased MI - Douglas Calhoun, 39, Detroit, 1 June 2017 *Arrest*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
A local chef and former Marine is missing under suspicious circumstances.

Douglas Calhoun has not been seen since late last week, his family says.

His truck was found abandoned not far from his Detroit home and his credit cards have been used by an unknown person, family adds.

Calhoun is 39 years old, 6'1", 230 lbs with a medium complexion, black hair and brown eyes. He has a long thick beard and a short-cut mustache.

It is believed he was last at his home around 3:00 a.m. on May 31 in the 15800 block of Cherrylawn.

Calhoun did not show up at either of the places where he works.

He is in good physical and mental condition.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-chef-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances
c0ae486aa9a70806187bb865a7680b71.jpg

c505fd8fd1b0b07acdb68728a44da353.jpg

Detroit Police Department-
***Serious Missing***
Douglas Calhoun is a black male. 39 years old, 6'1", 230 lbs., Medium complexion, black hair (brush wave), and brown eyes. Mr. Calhoun has a long thick beard and a short cut mustache.
He was last known to be at his home in the 3300 block of W Outer Drive, on June 1, 2017 at approximately 3:00 a.m. His family has not heard from him since. Mr. Calhoun also has not shown up at either of his places of employment.
Mr. Calhoun is in good physical and good mental condition.
If anyone sees Mr. Calhoun or knows of his whereabouts, please call Detroit Police at 313-596-1240 or 313-596-1616.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1422819564423911&substory_index=0&id=103971016308779

A Detroit family is desperate to find their missing loved one, Doug Calhoun. No one has seen or heard from the 39-year-old chef and Marine, but someone is using his credit cards.

Calhoun, who is single, was out with friends Wednesday night and it was about 3 a.m. Thursday when he spoke to a friend by phone.

"Just saying, 'Okay I'm home, everything's good. I'm going in the house and I'll talk to you later.'" But there was no later.

Calhoun, also known as Chef Doug, was a no-show for an important catering event Friday night and missed a plane to St. Louis on Saturday.

The family reported him missing to police and began their own investigation, finding out through OnStar his GMC Acadia had been found in Brightmoor. Neighbors spotted it with the hatch and doors open on Blackstone Street on Thursday, and it was recovered at an abandoned home on Trinity Street Friday. But that's not all.

"We got some information about fraudulent activity on his credit cards which occurred on June 2 - all throughout the day on June 2," Phillips said.

That was Friday, with purchases at liquor stores and gas stations around Brightmoor - but no sign of Doug. On Monday, investigators were at Doug's home on West Outer Drive, which is his last known whereabouts.

Detroit police detectives searched the inside of the home but did not see anything out of the ordinary. For the family, the past few days have been anything but normal.

The family has raised $1,000 as a reward.

3643EE981703477890C87ED39C7CBB24_1496707040755_3428499_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/259102065-story

bumping for this family, struggling to get the help they need to find this young man.

still missing:

Calhoun went out with his friends and returned home to the 3000 block of W. Outer Drive.

When he pulled up in the early morning hours of June 1, he called a friend. "He was just letting his friend know that he had gotten home," Phillips said. "They had been out partying, celebrating with some other friends, and just letting his good friend know that, 'I'm home. I'm going in the house, and I'll talk to you later on.'"

That was the last time anyone has heard from him.

Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for information in the case.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/us-marine-missing-after-night-out-with-friends-in-metro-detroit

What a considerate man to call and let his friend know he made it home okay. It seems most likely something happened when he got out of the car and he never made it inside his home. A Marine is not going to be assaulted easily. I wonder if there was more than one perp and if they had a gun. You'd think between the places his car was found, cards were used, etc there would be some security footage.

bumping you back up. This man was a marine and deserves to be found, no matter what.

Another bump. He's on my mind tonight, I am so concerned for him.

Yesterday, I was close to reporting he had sadly been found as there was a post from msm. I clicked on the title and the post had been removed.
Smh with media.

Wondering if there was someone at the establishments he last visited, who watched and listened to him, then followed him home, or was waiting for him there?
speculation.

LE is stretched so thin in the Detroit area also. And not getting the same coverage a younger female of perhaps a different race might get for sure. He is a marine, which should provide something extra in terms of concern here.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/259102065-story

https://www.facebook.com/blackandmissing/posts/10154437268342413:0

Where is "Chef Doug"?
Hoping that anyone who has ever enjoyed his cooking, is keeping eyes and ears open for him.
From the link.
"It's a person, it's a human being," Phillips said. "Whatever is happening he deserves to come home to his family. I just want him home."

Anyone with any information please call Detroit police or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP, the family has raised $1,000 as a reward.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5858C2A3A43C4BC196DA42376FA1BF12_1496707040755_3428500_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    5858C2A3A43C4BC196DA42376FA1BF12_1496707040755_3428500_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 711
3300 W Outer Drive
or
15800 block of Cherrylawn

I've seen both of these listed as his address. Why?

well, those 2 addresses are not that far apart really, but yes, confusing.

thanks for new eyes on Chef Doug's thread. Former marine, needs to be found, regardless. Please help spread the word.

I can not see this having a happy ending given what has been reported (credit cards being used, car found) so my heart just breaks for his loved ones. I just think how big the Detroit River is... or how fabulous Rouge Park is... His loved ones deserve answers. May they get the peace they need soon.

I would think that since it is known the cards were used to make purchases at liquor stores and gas stations around Brightmoor, LE could track down the purchases and view surveillance footage to see who was using the cards.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back