Age last seen: 18

Age now: 47
Race: White female
Hair color: Brown
Eyes Color: Brown
Height: 66.0
Weight: 105.0
Clothing/Scars and Marks:
Yellow shirt with the name "Tracy" printed and blue jeans; 1 pair of pink tennis shoes with yellow and orange shoe strings

No photos disponible

Dorothy Sabin left her residence on 07/28/1988 and never returned. A female subject stated she had seen Dorothy at Howerton Apartments between 5:30 and 6:00 pm talking with three (3) subjects with red Toyota vehicle.

3812DFAR - Dorothy Sabin

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

If you have found a photo of this person please contact the appropriate member of the Area Team

Name: Dorothy Sabin
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 28, 1988
Location Last Seen: Berryville, Carroll County, Arkansas

Physical Description

Date of Birth: c.1970
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not available

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Yellow shirt with the name "Tracy" printed on it, blue jeans, and pink tennis shoes with yellow and orange shoe strings
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Ms. Sabin left her residence in Berryville and never returned. The last time anyone saw Dorothy was at the Howerton Apartments between 5:30 and 6:00 pm talking with three (3) people.
Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: Berryville Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Bartos
Agency Phone Number: (870)423-3343
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 30-7

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 9683

Information Source(s)

NamUs
DOE NETWORK LINK
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3812dfar.html

This was posted on another thread:

AR - AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado - WhtFem 81UFAR, 18-21, 10 July 1991 - #3
This is Dorothy Sabin in the Ozark High School yearbook:

1976, kindergarten, in Ozark, Missouri (glasses)
1977, 1st grade, in Ozark, Missouri (light dress)
1978, 2nd grade, in Ozark, Missouri (dark dress)

Ozark High School is unique in that it is a kindergarten through 12th School, thus her photo as an elementary school student.
She does not appear in the 1979 or subsequent yearbooks.

Dorothy Sabin was my cousin. I was only about 9 when she became missing. I do remember her fondly though. I'm not really sure how web sleuths works and where I am supposed to put posts at, so thank you all for helping. Dorothy's father Curtis Sr is deceased as is her brother Curtis Jr. I never knew who Dorothy's mom was as her dad was married to my Aunt. Dorothy only has 1 blood relative remaining and so far I have been unable to get him to provide DNA. And the worst and saddest news of all is after asking most all my family members not one of them have any type of photograph of dorothy.
After Dorothy became missing her family packed and was back in missouri within a month.
I was around them right before they moved. Probably not even a year from when they moved to Arkansas.
After I grew up and thought more of sweet dorothy and thinking how sad that nobody seems to care. But I have been making sure her name is not lost by anyone. I may possibly have some information. Information that has been passed down from the family about this, and I want to give the information up but I dont know who I should tell. And I'm not sure if it is even true. All I do know is I have asked many family members and ALL of them have given me details of this disappearance. I personally think the info is correct. Maybe not to the letter, but the important facts are.

Dorothy Sabin was my cousin. I was only about 9 when she became missing. I do remember her fondly though. I'm not really sure how web sleuths works and where I am supposed to put posts at, so thank you all for helping. Dorothy's father Curtis Sr is deceased as is her brother Curtis Jr. I never knew who Dorothy's mom was as her dad was married to my Aunt. Dorothy only has 1 blood relative remaining and so far I have been unable to get him to provide DNA. And the worst and saddest news of all is after asking most all my family members not one of them have any type of photograph of dorothy.
After Dorothy became missing her family packed and was back in missouri within a month.
I was around them right before they moved. Probably not even a year from when they moved to Arkansas.
After I grew up and thought more of sweet dorothy and thinking how sad that nobody seems to care. But I have been making sure her name is not lost by anyone. I may possibly have some information. Information that has been passed down from the family about this, and I want to give the information up but I dont know who I should tell. And I'm not sure if it is even true. All I do know is I have asked many family members and ALL of them have given me details of this disappearance. I personally think the info is correct. Maybe not to the letter, but the important facts are.

Thanks for the info, is sad this story, nothing photos of Dorothy, sad very sad.

From Websleuths forum post

Dorothy Photos

AR - AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado - WhtFem 81UFAR, 18-21, 10 July 1991 - #3

This is Dorothy Sabin in the Ozark High School yearbook:

1976, kindergarten, in Ozark, Missouri (glasses)
1977, 1st grade, in Ozark, Missouri (light dress)
1978, 2nd grade, in Ozark, Missouri (dark dress)

Ozark High School is unique in that it is a kindergarten through 12th School, thus her photo as an elementary school student.
She does not appear in the 1979 or subsequent yearbooks.

She is very beautiful. So sad to hear that her family soon moved back to Missouri after her disappearance (which is a tad suspicious IMO)

It appears her mother passed away in 1975 (Francie), and her father (Curtis) in 1998. In her mothers orbit she is listed as Dorothy Eileen Sabin.

Based on ancestry records she was born in August of 1969. So she was a month shy of her birthday when she disappeared...

if you are still active on here, would it be possible to share a bit of your theories of what could have happen to Dorothy?

She is very beautiful. So sad to hear that her family soon moved back to Missouri after her disappearance (which is a tad suspicious IMO)

It appears her mother passed away in 1975 (Francie), and her father (Curtis) in 1998. In her mothers orbit she is listed as Dorothy Eileen Sabin.

Based on ancestry records she was born in August of 1969. So she was a month shy of her birthday when she disappeared...
This was almost shocking to read. Someone I am close to has the exact same middle and last name - neither of which is particularly common. Sadly, the person I know has blue eyes and is 4 years younger…Strange coincidence.

I would also be interested in theories held by Dorothy’s cousin.

I wish we had more recent photos. I was thinking of this Doe but I just can’t tell. Height and weight are a bit off. The noses are very different but Doe’s recons aren’t all that great IMO.

per Mysticmechelle in the AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA thread
Dorothy Sabin is my cousin. Her Dad Curtis Sabin Sr is deceased now. She only has one surviving brother named Mark. I've been trying to reach him to try to get a photo of Dorothy. I work out of state so I cant get to any of my family photo albums until I get back home but I'm sure I dont have a photo of her. I was only 9 or 10 years old when she became missing, but I do remember her very well. One thing that none of the profiles on Dorothy's missing posters mentions at all, is that Dorothy was mentally disabled. She functioned at about the level of a 7 year old would have. She was a very shy girl. So some of the accounts that I read just dont seem right to me. I would really like to talk to someone about this case. I find it very sad that none of the family seems to care about this. And I want to bring this case back out in the open.
Dorothy just moved to Berryville AR that same year she went missing. They moved around a bit but did live most of the time in St. Joseph, MO and Rushville MO. But Dorothy was mentally handicapped and as far as I know she hadn't went to a traditional school for quite some time.

if she hadn't attended traditional school in sometime we may never have a more recent picture of Dorothy. She does have a biological sister (also listed in Dorothy's mothers orbit) that may be able to provide DNA or more closure

besides the eye colour and hight being slightly off - I would say so! reading into the doe it made me wonder if Dorothy was perhaps on disability herself? and if so, could those records be searched?

Post numbers 649-670 or number 16 in this thread

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back