FL FL - Dana Ritter, 29, Davie, 20 Feb 2008

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
3716DFFL.jpg

Name: Dana Ritter
Case Classification: Involuntary Missing
Missing Since: February 20, 2008
Location Last Seen: Davie, Broward County, Florida

[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: February 27, 1979
Race: White
Height: 5'3
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Dirty blonde/long
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has ankle tattoos.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Dana was last seen on February 20, 2008.

[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: David Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Officer Green
Agency Phone Number: 9546938200
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 15-064210

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: N/A
[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h] Family Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3716dffl.html

Reactions: mrz
Do you know this woman

HI AlwaysListen, welcome to Websleuths.

Not sure if your question was directed at me but since I posted the thread I will answer-- No I don't know Dana or any of the hundreds missing people I have posted threads for here. Do you know her? If so, please become a verified insider so you can tell us more about Dana. It's just a simple email to admin and they won't share your identity here.

Here is the link on how to become verified:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

I can hardly find any information on this case. There isn't any news articles or NamUs entry, so I'm not sure if this is an active case?

I did find another unidentified person on Doe-network which looks like Dana a bit? there is also a child in it that could also be related be related to her case?

Links: 3716DFFL - Dana Ritter
1400UFFL

3716DFFL.jpg

Name: Dana Ritter
Case Classification: Involuntary Missing
Missing Since: February 20, 2008
Location Last Seen: Davie, Broward County, Florida

[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: February 27, 1979
Race: White
Height: 5'3
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Dirty blonde/long
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has ankle tattoos.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h] Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h] Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h] Dana was last seen on February 20, 2008.

[h=2]Investigating Agency(s)[/h] Agency Name: David Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Officer Green
Agency Phone Number: 9546938200
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 15-064210

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: N/A
[h=2]Information Source(s)[/h] Family Member

3716DFFL - Dana Ritter

Dana was my friend, she has now been missing for over 10 years. She left behind 2 beautiful daughters and we all want to know what happened to her. She has been gone to long for it to be a case of her leaving on her own. She wouldn't, or even couldn't have gone anywhere by herself, she had no money or transportation. Her last contact with family was a phone call from outside the ft lauderdale jail asking for a ride home. She has not been heard from since. If anyone knows anything, please give her family the peace they deserve. Thank You

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-11-25-21-19-16~2.png
    Screenshot_2019-11-25-21-19-16~2.png
    523.5 KB · Views: 245
Dana was my friend, she has now been missing for over 10 years. She left behind 2 beautiful daughters and we all want to know what happened to her. She has been gone to long for it to be a case of her leaving on her own. She wouldn't, or even couldn't have gone anywhere by herself, she had no money or transportation. Her last contact with family was a phone call from outside the ft lauderdale jail asking for a ride home. She has not been heard from since. If anyone knows anything, please give her family the peace they deserve. Thank You

I'm sorry your friend has been missing so long. Thank you for the better photo of her. I found a 2013 arrest record for Dana where she used a different date of birth from the one listed on her missing file. I would have overlooked this record due to the wrong date but I'm 99% sure this is the same woman based on your photo. She has a unique widows peak in her hairline and an angular jawline and I believe the facial features match:
screenshot_2019-11-25-21-19-16-2-png.217588
Dana-Ritter-mugshot-26478191.400x800.jpg

Dana Ritter Mugshot 47043997 - Dana Ritter Arrest - Manatee County, FL - Booked on 2/15/2013

Under release date there it says "In Custody". Could this mean she is still in jail today? I'm not sure if that is what it means. Either way, this could be very good news! She was alive and arrested in 2013.

ETA: And another arrest from 2015:
Dana-R-Ritter-mugshot-35432542.400x800.jpg

Dana R Ritter Mugshot 87784589 - Dana R Ritter Arrest - Manatee County, FL - Booked on 1/13/2015

Thank you for your research, this is not her, 100% sure of this. Dana surrounded herself with some very shady characters and we are all pretty certain she is no longer with us.

Have you tried submitting Dana into NamUs? This should be done to see if she matches any unidentified remains that have been found. Any member of the public can submit cases to NamUs.gov the case just needs to be verified by law enforcement.

I knew Dana personally & she definitely didn’t disappear by her own choice. I met her when she began dating Chris Wells, who died shortly before she went missing. For the girl that posted the pics of her, is there a way for us to speak privately on here?

Information has been given that Dana 100% did not go missing on her own! I want to thank you to all who came forward with this information I pray that they follow thru contacting the detectives. Hopefully we can get closure on this, we never wanted to admit she was gone but in our hearts we knew

I will keep posting follow up information on any arrests or if we are able to locate her and give her a proper burial, Thank you all again for your comments and messages!

We have not been able to get anymore answers, if anyone knows anything please contact me so we can try and get some closure for her girls!

We have not been able to get anymore answers, if anyone knows anything please contact me so we can try and get some closure for her girls!
Were you able to get her entered in NamUS with details on her disappearance?

@Gardener1850
Is there anyone that can see if this lady is in the normal online profiles? NamUS, Charley Project or anything like that?

Those members who know her personally, please use the link to become a Verified Insider. Your knowledge can be so valuable. We would love to help you.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Is there a Facebook page or website that is dedicated to her?

Da

Dana and Chris were both a friend of mine too. Sad to see this. I hope somebody finds out what happened to her.

It’s wonderful to see friends posting here. Do any of you know the family? If so, perhaps they’d like to join here? Maybe they can drive the NamUS process? Are there any local newspaper articles regarding her disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back