1231 users online (187 members and 1044 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Alysha Quate, 6, body hidden in garage, Centreville, 2013

I went back and forth about what forum to put this in and decided to post it here since LE most likely knows who he is.

Child’s remains found in home after mother reportedly calls from Las Vegas

"Officers contacted the property owner who opened the garage. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that investigators found the remains of a 7-year-old child wrapped in blankets. Police are trying to determine if the child died from a homicide or natural death."

http://fox2now.com/2017/06/06/childs...rom-las-vegas/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Oh, no :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

off to search for 7 year old females missing in 2015 in Illinois. damn....

ETA: not sure why I thought this was a male child, which is who I was searching for. Starting over for females. Sorry for any confusion
    Last edited by AzPistonsGirl; 06-06-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

[bbm]

where does it say that it's her daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by skibaboo View Post
    What the..........

Mom says her 7 yr old daughter died in 2015, so you wrapped her in a blanket, dumped her in the garage and moved to Vegas?

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    [bbm]

where does it say that it's her daughter?
    In the video in the article in the OP. The woman who called from Vegas, the reporter says she says her daughter died in 2015

"a woman in Las Vegas called Las Vegas police to report her 7 yr old daughter had died 2 years ago and her body can be found in the garage in Centerville"

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I will post the updated article asap but it seems mother was a victim too. apparently the mother and her two teenage daughters were being held captive and forced into prostitution and regular sexual abuse by her husband. She was able to escape and call about her daughter (which her husband had killed). Her other two daughters are in police protective custody and the father has been arrested.

Last edited by Harmony2; 06-07-2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: removed unapproved quoted post

http://www.kmov.com/story/35600040/b...in-centreville

( Sent from KMOV News )

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post

( Sent from KMOV News )

Horrific! Glad that the mom was able to get away long enough to inform police and that the two older daughters are now in protective custody. Poor little girl, wish your life had been all that it should have been.

So sad. <modsnip>

I hope you can continue to use the strength you found when calling in to begin to heal from this horrible situation.
    Last edited by Harmony2; 06-07-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: snipped reference to unapproved post

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
    I will post the updated article asap but it seems mother was a victim too. apparently the mother and her two teenage daughters were being held captive and forced into prostitution and regular sexual abuse by her husband. She was able to escape and call about her daughter (which her husband had killed). Her other two daughters are in police protective custody and the father has been arrested.

Good grief,<modsnip>. She just escaped this pig Monday night, whoah!
    Last edited by Harmony2; 06-07-2017 at 09:16 AM. Reason: snipped reference to unapproved post

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Updated story with name of suspect in trafficking case, Jason Quate. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...12d782e1b.html

I doubt the child was ever reported missing. The way the story reads, no one probably ever even knew.

She also told police that her husband was abusing two children who lived with them. Police found those children, who Spencer said were in their early teens, at the couple’s home.

“I can tell you it was a very disturbing scene, seeing the condition of the children, because you could tell they had obviously had limited outside involvement of the last 18 months to two years,” Spencer said.

In addition to showing signs of physical abuse, the children had not been allowed to leave the house or enroll in school. Despite living in the same home, the mother said her husband kept her away from the children.
    I'm a local to the area. Centreville, Il., is rife with prostitution, strip clubs, etc. It is deeply impoverished. It's located near East St. Louis, Il., and across the river from St. Louis. It looks like the Belleville Police Department and major case squad are heading up the investigation here. http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/...154758279.html
    “The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa: The bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” ~ The Doctor

Haven't been to the links but just reading this thread makes me so sad.

Rest in peace, little one. Justice is coming.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.”
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

Belleville News-Democrat story updated this morning:

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article154790899.html

Belleville Police issued a statement saying they are “working with the Centreville Police Department, Illinois State Police and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department during the initial stages of the investigation. The approximate age, sex, and possible cause of death will not be determined until after the autopsy which is scheduled for later this week.”
    Belleville Police said a “suspect” in the investigation has been identified and was being held Wednesday in Las Vegas on unrelated charges. A team of Belleville homicide investigators was scheduled to travel to Las Vegas for the investigation.
    St. Clair County authorities received a call Tuesday from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department about a woman who told Las Vegas police where to find her “baby.” The “baby” turned out to be the body.

MOO

KMOV updated story, out of St. Louis:

The woman told police their third daughter, 6, was dead in a bin in Illinois. She also told authorities the family moved to Las Vegas two years ago but had previously lived in Illinois.

"From speaking with her, though, she stated that they met in Illinois several years back and had three children," said Lt. Spencer. "She told us during the course of the interview that during a physical altercation one of the other children had died as a result of her husband."
    The husband, 34-year-old Jason Quate, was arrested and has been charged with sex trafficking of an adult and accepting or receiving earnings of a prostitute.
    MOO

Updated story from KTNV, in Las Vegas:

http://www.ktnv.com/news/coroner-nev...arage_96247237

"I will tell you it was a very disturbing call. You have some very seasoned SWAT officers who were visibly shaken and moved by how disturbing of a scene it was out there this morning," said Las Vegas police Lt. Ray Spencer. "I will tell you just in the 19 years of law enforcement it is one of the cases I will never forget."
    MOO

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast