slaughter_amanda.jpg
slaughter_amanda2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

# Missing Since: April 28, 1991 from Orangefield, Texas
# Classification: Endangered Runaway
# Date Of Birth: August 13, 1976
# Age: 14 years old
# Height and Weight: 5'7, 140 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Slaughter wears eyeglasses. She has a suture line along one of her inner calves. Slaughter's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
Slaughter departed from her family's residence in Orangefield, Texas during the early morning hours of April 28, 1991. She took all of her personal belongings with her and emptied her parents' wallets. Slaughter has never been heard from again. She has a history of running away, but she had never been gone for an extended period of time in the past. Slaughter may have been accompanied by a 19-year-old Caucasian male at the time of her disappearance.

The shape of the face of this Jane Doe kinda matches, but Jane Doe is listed as 4" shorter than Amanda. Amanda's glasses in the photo do not appear tinted so am unsure.

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/48ufaz.html[/size][/font]

slaughter_amanda2.jpg
48UFAZ.jpg

Amanda on left, Jane Doe on right.

Unidentified White Female
* Located on May 28, 1992 in Phoeniz, Arizona
* Cause of death was homicide by strangulation.
* Estimated date of death is May, 1992
* State of Remains: Somewhat advanced mummification

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 13 - 17 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1 - 5'3"; 100 - 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length light-brown hair. The victim wore large rose / pink-colored eyeglasses, which had thick lenses.
* Clothing: She was discovered wearing a Niki Lee long-sleeved, multi-colored floral-print blouse; size 9 black denim stretch pants with black lace trim around the ankles; a black hair bow; and brown tennis shoes.
* Dentals: Available

Case History
Shortly after 1 a.m. on May 28, 1992, Phoenix police, using tracking dogs, found the decomposing body in a desert area commonly used to dump trash, in the 2000 block of East Deer Valley Road.
A man riding an all-terrain vehicle noticed a foul odor coming from a rubbish pile and saw a hand sticking out. He called police, who used tracking dogs to find the body under a sheet of plywood.

Looks like a possibility. Height & weight estimates could be off a little on the remains found.

http://www.southeasttexaslive.com/s...6376802&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=512588&rfi=6

The Jane Doe is not Amanda. The above article gives a really detailed account of the search for Amanda. So sad - I hope she's found soon.
frown.gif

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] During a recent search through Websleuths.com, The Enterprise discovered that in January, a user with the screen name PonderingThings made a possible connection between Amanda and the body found in the Phoenix desert.

"OK. I've finished my searches and these are the possibilities I've come up with. The closest match is Amanda, in my opinion, but the chin is off. Still don't know...," PonderingThings wrote.

About a month ago, the Enterprise contacted Phoenix police about the possible connection, and investigators there then contacted Orange deputies.

It seemed the family's wait could be over soon.

But it wasn't Amanda.

The girl apparently is the daughter of a woman living somewhere in California, police said.[/font]

Im sure the friend would have said something if Amanda had come to any harm though. It seems to me she just didnt want to be found!

Hell Hath No Fury... Never, ever, take a phone away from a teenager.

slaughter_amanda_118x150.jpg

Amanda Gail Slaughter

Endangered Runaway -- Missing Since: April 28, 1991

Missing From: Orangefield, Texas

Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 140 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Amanda has a suture line on her inner calf and she wears glasses.

Amanda left her family's residence in Orangefield, Texas during the early morning hours of April 28, 1991. She took all of her personal belongings and emptied her parents' wallets. That same night, another neighborhood fried of Amanda's also ran away. A year later, the friend returned home, but refused to say where they had been. She may travel to California or Washington.

NCMEC

Charley Project

wow...there is always hope...maybe a sad ending, but hope in finding an answer to where a loved one went

May Amanda Rest in Peace. Her story is so sad, and I hope her daughter will be able to at last form a bond with her maternal grandmother.

That article was well-written, but I'm still wondering how Amanda's body was released for burial if LE didn't have (I assume) her real SSN or identifying information. Likewise, how did she get prenatal care and hospitalization when she had her daughter? One of the photos shows her shortly after she gave birth to her daughter in what is clearly a medical setting, i.e. not a home birth.

Greetings! I am a new registered user, long-time lurker. I've signed up specifically to ask questions and learn more so I can be a more effective volunteer. Please, let me know if anything I do or say is out of line so I can prevent any misstep in the future. Thanks!

Now, the reason I chose to post here is due to some confusion over this specific case. I noticed Amanda Slaughter is still listed as missing in Namus and tippers are still submitting her for DNA comparison. I've read the same article listed by a previous post and a few other sites including CharleyProject. Most sites show her as located and deceased. So, I am a bit confused as to why she is still listed in Namus. My question is this: Does Amanda Slaughter (Mandy Fouts) have a reason to still be listed? From what I have read, all body parts were found in one location and she only had one child - also, accounted for and alive. Also, this thread is still open and not updated as located... So, am I missing something?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration to my question!

See: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6661/

and this thread cant be updated until namus says she is found , I wil alert the mods maybe they can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah