1288 users online (218 members and 1070 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Eric Trump's foundation funneled $100,000 intended for child cancer research to Trump

"In reviewing filings from the Eric Trump Foundation and other charities, it's clear that the course wasn't free--that the Trump Organization received payments for its use, part of more than $1.2 million that has no documented recipients past the Trump Organization. Golf charity experts say the listed expenses defy any reasonable cost justification for a one-day golf tournament.Additionally, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has come under previous scrutiny for self-dealing and advancing the interests of its namesake rather than those of charity, apparently used the Eric Trump Foundation to funnel $100,000 in donations into revenue for the Trump Organization.
    And while donors to the Eric Trump Foundation were told their money was going to help sick kids, more than $500,000 was re-donated to other charities, many of which were connected to Trump family members or interests, including at least four groups that subsequently paid to hold golf tournaments at Trump courses."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...his-business/#
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

I expect no less from that family. Their greed knows no bounds.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

MSNBC reporting on latest Trump scam. I'm going to vomit.

This is disgusting. DISGUSTING.

Disgraceful.

A list of charities returning to Mar- a- lago.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    MSNBC reporting on latest Trump scam. I'm going to vomit.
    Me too. VOMIT. Pass the Pepto.

I am not shocked at all. The turd does not fall far from the turd tree.

How are the loyal citizens of trumpita-stan going to spin this one... *sigh*

*****crickets*****

Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    Me too. VOMIT. Pass the Pepto.

I am not shocked at all. The turd does not fall far from the turd tree.

How are the loyal citizens of trumpita-stan going to spin this one... *sigh*

*****crickets*****
    I'm waiting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    I'm waiting too.
    ....waiting for a spin....

"Trumpís charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Post articles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldnít find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years. The Trump campaign had provided the newspaper with a list of donations made by the candidate, but many turned out to be gifts-in-kind from Trumpís businesses, such as free rounds of golf at Trump courses donated to charity auctions, and land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on Trump-owned properties. The only cash donations were from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the family charity that Trump established in 1988. But the Post also pointed out that Trump hadnít given any of his own money to the Trump Foundation since 2008óalmost all of its funding came from other people, including some of his business associates."

more at:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...ritable-giving

OK, I think this will actually make me sick. I'm gonna need some of that Pepto too.

What is being reported, self dealing, is illegal. Which attorney general is investigating? I recall Eric and Donald Trump talking about their love for this specific charity during campaign. Ivanka was charging $$$ for coffees...
    Reporter won a Pulitzer for his expose on Trump's charities last year.

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    "Trump’s charitable giving has now become a campaign issue, largely due to a series of Post articles written by David Fahrenthold and his colleagues. Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years. The Trump campaign had provided the newspaper with a list of donations made by the candidate, but many turned out to be gifts-in-kind from Trump’s businesses, such as free rounds of golf at Trump courses donated to charity auctions, and land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on Trump-owned properties. The only cash donations were from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the family charity that Trump established in 1988. But the Post also pointed out that Trump hadn’t given any of his own money to the Trump Foundation since 2008—almost all of its funding came from other people, including some of his business associates."

more at:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...ritable-giving
    I'm hearing rumbles that the WP is going to follow up on the Forbes story. I know they have already reached out to Eric.

Shades of the Clinton Foundation, pay for play, etc. Although the ETF seems to have started off on the right foot - $11 million raised for St. Jude - an excellent charity that does truly important work.

Seems like when the sharks took over it all went downhill.

Drain the swamp, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Shades of the Clinton Foundation, pay for play, etc. Although the ETF seems to have started off on the right foot - $11 million raised for St. Jude - an excellent charity that does truly important work.

Seems like when the sharks took over it all went downhill.

Drain the swamp, indeed.
    Except that the CF is regularly audited and has a good reputation and proven results.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast