1070 users online (190 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

2017.06.06 - Attorney General Jeff Sessions offers to resign

Sessions Is Said to Have Offered to Resign

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and PETER BAKER JUNE 6, 2017

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions offered to resign in recent weeks as he told President Trump he needed the freedom to do his job, according to two people who were briefed on the discussion. On Tuesday, the White House declined to say whether Mr. Trump still has confidence in his attorney general.

“I have not had that discussion with him,” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, told reporters in the White House briefing room, responding to questions about whether the president has soured on Mr. Sessions.

Mr. Spicer’s remarks came after The New York Times reported that Mr. Trump had vented intermittently about Mr. Sessions since the attorney general recused himself from any Russia-related investigations conducted by the Department of Justice. Mr. Trump has fumed to allies and advisers ever since, suggesting that Mr. Sessions made a needless decision...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/u...rump.html?_r=0
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 06-06-2017 at 10:04 PM.

I saw this just before you posted! Wow, Jeff.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    AG Jeff Sessions offered to quit during exchange with Trump
    Former FBI director set to testify Thursday

By EVAN PEREZ , TOM LOBIANCO AND SARA MURRAY , CNN

Posted: 8:08 PM, June 06, 2017
    Updated: 8:51 PM, June 06, 2017

WASHINGTON (CNN) - President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have had a series of heated exchanges in the last several weeks after Sessions recused himself from the Russia probe, a source close to Sessions told CNN Tuesday.

A senior administration official said that at one point, Sessions expressed he would be willing to resign if Trump no longer wanted him there.

The frustration comes at a critical juncture for Trump. Former FBI Director James Comey is set to testify Thursday about his private discussions with Trump and the Russia investigation has lapped into the White House, with questions about the President's son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...ated-exchanges

I feel a little sorry for Spicer. I don't think he has any discussions with Trump, ever. I think he's left to blow in the wind.

Washington (CNN)White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday declined to say whether President Donald Trump has confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"I have not had a discussion with him about that," Spicer said as sources said Trump is still fuming over Sessions' recusal from the federal investigation into potential ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.

Pressed repeatedly on the topic, Spicer said he simply had not talked to Trump about the matter and added: "If I have not had a discussion with him about a subject I tend not to speak about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I feel a little sorry for Spicer. I don't think he has any discussions with Trump, ever. I think he's left to blow in the wind.

Washington (CNN)White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Tuesday declined to say whether President Donald Trump has confidence in Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

"I have not had a discussion with him about that," Spicer said as sources said Trump is still fuming over Sessions' recusal from the federal investigation into potential ties between Trump campaign associates and Russia.

Pressed repeatedly on the topic, Spicer said he simply had not talked to Trump about the matter and added: "If I have not had a discussion with him about a subject I tend not to speak about it."

I kind of feel sorry for Spicey as well, but then I remember he could quit. But he doesn't. So screw Spicey.

I have to say, that at least Sessions has a good haircut, not like the bleached haired bodgie.

MSNBC reporting that Attorney General Jeff Sessions just sent letter to Congress cancelling his Tuesday appearance in front of the Appropriations Committee. Instead he will meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, anticipating Russia related issues. Unfortunately this meeting may be closed since Sessions said information is classified. Sessions under fire as yet another meeting with Russian ambassador may have been omitted from previous disclosures. Sessions and Justice Dept disputing that a third meeting took place, but intercepts of Russian communications point to a third meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Sessions Is Said to Have Offered to Resign

By MAGGIE HABERMAN and PETER BAKER JUNE 6, 2017

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions offered to resign in recent weeks as he told President Trump he needed the freedom to do his job, according to two people who were briefed on the discussion. On Tuesday, the White House declined to say whether Mr. Trump still has confidence in his attorney general.

“I have not had that discussion with him,” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, told reporters in the White House briefing room, responding to questions about whether the president has soured on Mr. Sessions.

Mr. Spicer’s remarks came after The New York Times reported that Mr. Trump had vented intermittently about Mr. Sessions since the attorney general recused himself from any Russia
    -related investigations conducted by the Department of Justice. Mr. Trump has fumed to allies and advisers ever since, suggesting that Mr. Sessions made a needless decision...
    What? trouble in paradise with satan's minions Awwww.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine2U View Post
    I kind of feel sorry for Spicey as well, but then I remember he could quit. But he doesn't. So screw Spicey.

yeppers

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    MSNBC reporting that Attorney General Jeff Sessions just sent letter to Congress cancelling his Tuesday appearance in front of the Appropriations Committee. Instead he will meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee, anticipating Russia related issues. Unfortunately this meeting may be closed since Sessions said information is classified. Sessions under fire as yet another meeting with Russian ambassador may have been omitted from previous disclosures. Sessions and Justice Dept disputing that a third meeting took place, but intercepts of Russian communications point to a third meeting.
    It's this kind of BS that makes him look guilty of something. Why does everyone being investigated suddenly develop amnesia about meeting with these Russians? Why does 45 say he's never been involved with anyone in Russia, then his sons open their mouths and confirm the opposite?
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    It's this kind of BS that makes him look guilty of something. Why does everyone being investigated suddenly develop amnesia about meeting with these Russians? Why does 45 say he's never been involved with anyone in Russia, then his sons open their mouths and confirm the opposite?
    45 needs to get a little notebook and keep track of his lies.

Central Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by frisson View Post
    45 needs to get a little notebook and keep track of his lies.
    He needs something. Like the ability to keep his story straight.

With Flynn, Kushner, and Sessions the only way the US government got info on their Russian contacts is not from required disclosures but from eavesdropping on what the Russians were saying to each other! Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by chloes1 View Post
    He needs something. Like the ability to keep his story straight.
    Not keeping his story straight has been working out for him so far.
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

At the Senate hearing, Comey explained his decision not to inform Attorney General Jeff Sessions about what he understood as a request from Trump to "drop" the FBI investigation into former national security advisor Michael Flynn. Comey said the FBI expected the attorney general to recuse himself from that investigation.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/09/james...tta-lynch.html

Odd that comey didn't go to doj with his problems like he was suppose to, but gave info to a friend to pass onto the press(nyt) no less.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast