1243 users online (258 members and 985 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Missing since September 6, 1975 from Staten Island, NY

Sylvia Alice Lwowski
    Missing since September 6, 1975 from Staten Island, Richmond County, New York
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date of Birth: April 28, 1953
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4-5'6"; 120-125 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Long, straight blonde hair; hazel eyes. Wears glasses.
    Marks, Scars: Pierced ears.
    Jewelry: Heart shaped engagement ring; a watch. She was carrying a handbag.
    Dentals: Not available.
    Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

On September 6, 1975, Sylvia went out with her fiance to a movie. He returned stating that during an argument, she thew her glasses against the dashboard and ran from the car. Sylvia has not been seen since.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New York City Police
    718-834-4580

Agency Case Number: 10074

Source Information:

Namus
    The Doe Network: Case File 2928DFNY

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2928dfny.html

===============

Please continue the discussion here.

Timeline
    Case Map

Verified Insiders:
    MMQC
    ASWDeerHunter
    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread#3Thread #4
    Last edited by bessie; 06-06-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Sometimes when I come here to read and post, I see that we have a guest reading our posts; I imagine that it could be Sylvia's fiance's lawyer, looking for a legal argument against his guilt in her disappearance

There is a ME in each borough. Still I wonder what the protocol is with say bones found much later.
    http://www1.nyc.gov/site/ocme/locati...s-centers.page

You know what still really bugs me? Sylvia is not listed as a missing person with the New York State Police. That is also true of the NYPD,but they at least had the cold case squad look at her case. I wonder why she isn't on either site as a missing person? Because they don't consider her a vulnerable person, or one who is in some sort of danger?

I just went back to 4 years ago in this forum, when MMQC and ASWDEERHUNTER became verified insiders, and it looked, at the time, like there really was a possibility that this case could actually be solved. It was so interesting hearing the details from them

I contacted Mr. Robert Zerby, the medical case investigator for Irondequoit Jane Doe, and asked him why Sylvia hasn't been listed as a rule-out for this unidentified woman, since the Namus case mgr said Sylvia had already been considered by LE. He said she'd been tentatively ruled out because of the dentals, even though Sylvia had no dental records on file; but they were going to compare the DNA. This confused me because I was under the impression that they weren't able to obtail a DNA profile for Irondequoit Jane Doe. In any event, I guess we'll find out eventually, when and if Sylvia's name ends up on the list of missing women who have been ruled out.

I wonder why no age progression was ever done on Sylvia. Is it because there is some clue that she is not a missing person, but just haven't found her body?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    I just went back to 4 years ago in this forum, when MMQC and ASWDEERHUNTER became verified insiders, and it looked, at the time, like there really was a possibility that this case could actually be solved. It was so interesting hearing the details from them
    I can't believe we are on thread #5. Yes, we were all hopeful and passionate, and the fact that Tricia's radio program featured Sylvia's brother speaking out, and a newspaper article was published, that the cold case squad was involved, and more pictures of Sylvia were published sure gave me some hope that it would attract some clues, attract others who knew her back in the day, that someone who knew something would say something...

For the last 4 years, as we all discussed this case, I have thought that SOMETHING positive would happen (like, Sylvia would come out of hiding, or one of her long forgotten friends would chime in with something), but it's never happened. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; it never really does happen in other cases, either. Still, we can hope that eventually maybe there will be something more than what we have here now. I miss Dushi, Skeet and Goingbymygut, though

Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

Just beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AuggiesMom23 View Post
    Just beautiful.

Yes-just like MMQC said, Sylvia is a head turner. So much so, that you'd think more people from college or her sorority would have had some interest in what happened to her. (Not that beauty should or would be the driving force of anything). But, at least here, we haven't seen it. Impossible to know who may have contacted LE, though. I really hope that the police have much more information than we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    Yes-just like MMQC said, Sylvia is a head turner. So much so, that you'd think more people from college or her sorority would have had some interest in what happened to her. (Not that beauty should or would be the driving force of anything). But, at least here, we haven't seen it. Impossible to know who may have contacted LE, though. I really hope that the police have much more information than we know.
    I agree. It's hard to believe someone hasn't gone through old photos or talked to an old friend and thought of her and wondered. Like you guys, I have a feeling some of her friends lurk and read these posts...

Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    I wonder why no age progression was ever done on Sylvia. Is it because there is some clue that she is not a missing person, but just haven't found her body?
    Yeah we talked about this a lot; I was under the impression that Sylvia's brother either provided or offered to provide photos for an age progression. But since he believes she is dead maybe he hasn't pursued it.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast