926 users online (170 members and 756 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 129
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    I received an email today from Robert Zerby, the chief medical investigator in the case of Irondequoit Jane Doe, telling me that, after comparing the DNA reports frm both women, that they are not associated in any way. I did not expect them to be; rather, I was looking for a reason why Sylvia hadn't already been listed as a rule-out. Still, since I only contacted his office last week, I am amazed to have this information so quickly.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    I received an email today from Robert Zerby, the chief medical investigator in the case of Irondequoit Jane Doe, telling me that, after comparing the DNA reports frm both women, that they are not associated in any way. I did not expect them to be; rather, I was looking for a reason why Sylvia hadn't already been listed as a rule-out. Still, since I only contacted his office last week, I am amazed to have this information so quickly.
    Thank you for confirming this Jmoose. This is important to know because while the DNA didn't match, what we know is Sylvia had perfect teeth. That sketch of Irondequoit Jane Doe is the closest resemblance to her in the unidentified database with the exception of her smile.

    Sylvia had no cavities according to her brother. And, Sylvia has an obvious Hollywood smile in her photographs. I only know one person, a friend of mine with perfect teeth her whole life. It is definitely a genetic marker that would be backed up by DNA.

    --IMO


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

    Bringing Sylvia forward to this page. She is the epitome of a physically healthy 22 year old.


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    You know, beautiful women often have many suitors... Was Sylvia an exception?

    I don't think so.

    --IMO


  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    You know, beautiful women often have many suitors... Was Sylvia an exception?

    I don't think so.



    --IMO
    I agree with this-there would have been other interested men. But, to what end? And why no subsequent interest by any of them after her disappearance? Do men hang on to a notion of a possible relationship long after the last time they've seen a woman in whom they are interested? I wonder if any of these potential suitors would have googled her and found out that she is, and has been, missing since shortly after college graduation. I wish we knew who "Red" was.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,854
    SO pretty ! Are there any pictures of her wearing her glasses ????
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

    Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.


    "There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by hot cawfee View Post
    SO pretty ! Are there any pictures of her wearing her glasses ????
    Hi Hot Cawfee-No, there don't seem to be any photos of Sylvia wearing her glasses. She probably always took them off when her picture was taken, like I always did, every time. I wish we knew what the glasses looked like, and where they ended up

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    I agree with this-there would have been other interested men. But, to what end? And why no subsequent interest by any of them after her disappearance? Do men hang on to a notion of a possible relationship long after the last time they've seen a woman in whom they are interested? I wonder if any of these potential suitors would have googled her and found out that she is, and has been, missing since shortly after college graduation. I wish we knew who "Red" was.
    Wonder if Red was interviewed by cold case squad. Family and mmqc knew who he was, right?

    There are all kinds suitors... From the overt to the silent crush. Wonder if Sylvia saved her memories, diary, letters, Valentine's, pressed flowers, pictures. We know her brother posted the "broken, cut out pictures" on another website. Did Sylvia cut them out, or someone else?

    Things like an address book, I imagine, may have been in her purse. I remember the super tiny books from back then.

    I still keep coming back to the marina. That was in her neighborhood and the water, the beach, and jetties were a part of her every day life. Did she ever go out on a boat with friends growing up?

    If she did take the bus, how many blocks from bus stop to her house? Did neighbors know she was missing?

    I also keep coming back to the no publicity, while it might have made sense for a few days, something else silenced this family. Was there word on the street, anyway? I guess I wonder about how the story of her being missing traveled... When you start adding up potential groups in her sphere, the numbers could be quite sizable. Plus, Sylvia, with her light up the room glow, is memorable.

    This is not new ground I am bringing up, but in case anyone is out there who might be wondering about her, memory about life is important. Maybe someone will have the Aha moment we are hoping for...
    Last edited by rosemadderlake; 06-17-2017 at 12:37 PM.


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Sylvia's college peeps could have been one of the smallest of her groups after graduation. Depends on how many in her class were staten islanders. Wonder what the mix was at the pool party? That EL and MMQC searched for her at Wagner sorority suggests friendships or contacts with underclassmen? Word of mouth and snail mail and landline was how we kept up with each other in the 70's. And it was definitely a much slower pace compared to now.

    One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic...

    I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life and friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many.


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

    Bumping for our girl... Where are you Sylvia?



  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Bringing Sylvia forward to this page. She is the epitome of a physically healthy 22 year old.
    Forward to new page bumping for our girl...
    How can you not remember her?


  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Where are you Sylvia?
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?



  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Sylvia's college peeps could have been one of the smallest of her groups after graduation. Depends on how many in her class were staten islanders. Wonder what the mix was at the pool party? That EL and MMQC searched for her at Wagner sorority suggests friendships or contacts with underclassmen? Word of mouth and snail mail and landline was how we kept up with each other in the 70's. And it was definitely a much slower pace compared to now.

    One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic..
    .

    I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life and friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many.
    Interesting...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    [QUOTE=rosemadderlake;13443075]Sylvia's college peeps could have been one of the smallest of her groups after graduation. Depends on how many in her class were staten islanders. Wonder what the mix was at the pool party? That EL and MMQC searched for her at Wagner sorority suggests friendships or contacts with underclassmen? Word of mouth and snail mail and landline was how we kept up with each other in the 70's. And it was definitely a much slower pace compared to now.

    One of the greatest frustrations compounding the tragedy must have been is that this family was cut off from knowing more about the group she knew with her fiancé. A suitor in that group would be a complicated dynamic...

    I think of how many women absorbed themselves in their husband's life friends back then. It was a time before women's rise in the workplace, real opportunity, and independence came to fruition. The structure of life was very conservative for so many./QUOTE]

    This makes a lot of sense, unless she was extraordinarily independent, and not inclined to give up her own friends. In any event, I am certain that there were many, many of his friends that would have known and wondered about her when she disappeared. I just cannot believe that none of these people were curious about her. Why the radio silence? Doesn't this case seem rather unique in this sense to anybody else? I know it's been 42 years, but people do wonder about others that they used to know. Obviously, all of his friends know that he was engaged to her, and never married her. What did they think could have happened? Nobody wondered about her? I don't buy it

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    Where are you Sylvia?
    Sylvia Lwowski... I know you are out there. I Know you, YOU are out there.


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #4
    By Richard in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 1235
    Last Post: 06-06-2017, 10:51 PM
  2. NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #3
    By Richard in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 1089
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 04:07 PM
  3. Found Deceased NY - Sylvia Cuttitta, 50, Staten Island, 3 Jan 2010
    By dreamweaver in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
  4. NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2
    By Richard in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 1002
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 09:14 AM
  5. NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #1
    By Richard in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 11:42 PM

Tags for this Thread