863 users online (183 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    IIRC: Wasn't there some discussion here about contacting the original detective who is no longer at precinct? Or, letter that had already been written? And not answered? Maybe CCS requested original PR should not be public? - For reasons you stated...

Quote Originally Posted by rosemadderlake View Post
    IIRC: Wasn't there some discussion here about contacting the original detective who is no longer at precinct? Or, letter that had already been written? And not answered? Maybe CCS requested original PR should not be public? - For reasons you stated...
    I think there was some discussion about contacting the original detective no longer at the precinct. It's funny; I think nobody at 122 precinct or CCS ever thought there would be any renewed public interest in this case, and so they
    may not have worried about the police report being out there. How often do we ever see the actual police report when looking at these cases? I certainly hope that nothing that has transpired here on this site ever negatively affects a case against a suspect. Sometimes I imagine that a suspect's defense lawyer has some poor paralegal combing these sites for information that they can use as reasonable doubt. I do think that pulling the police report is proof that the police are considering the possibility that Sylvia did not disappear on her own.

The PR was also on NamUs for a time, wasn't it? And it got pulled from there but we still had it here...
    Last edited by rosemadderlake; 08-28-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Jmoose -
    I found it - Duh, I passed right over it in thread #1, Page #1, Post #8 - (PR & engagement announcement attachments)
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Sept-1975-1

I just posted link to PR
    It was definitely pulled from NamUs, but not from here.

Jmoose -
    I found it - Duh, I passed right over it in thread #1, Page #1, Post #8 - (PR & engagement announcement attachments)
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Sept-1975-1
    Oh-it doesn't carry over through all of the threads? Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmoose View Post
    Oh-it doesn't carry over through all of the threads? Sheesh!
    Guess not - but now we remember where it is...

Oh Rose-I see that you are on time out...please don't leave me here all alone!!!

Last Wednesday was the 42nd anniversary of Sylvia's disappearance-wondering when or if there'll be a resolution? And why her friends from Staten Island aren't more interested in what happened to her?

Hi Jmoose! I'm back...

Bringing some more of Sylvia's pictures forward for new thread. Where's our girl?

Sylvia, you are missed and loved by many. Come home.

Last Wednesday was the 42nd anniversary of Sylvia's disappearance-wondering when or if there'll be a resolution? And why her friends from Staten Island aren't more interested in what happened to her?
    Glad you are here Jmoose! -42 years is such a long time. Like you, I am wondering and wishing for resolution for Sylvia, peace for her family and BGF, and I too wonder where are Sylvia's school chums, neighborhood and town peeps?

Please visit us, chime in with us, and help us find Sylvia.

Bumping Sylvia's page up-trying to keep her on the first page, and hoping that someone who knew her, joins us here. We know you're out there, people!

I'm currently reading a book called "Playing Dead", which is about the steps involved in leaving your life and allowing everyone who knows you to think that you are dead, but you're not. It is essentially next to impossible to erase your footprint entirely, although it was probably easier when Sylvia disappeared. I don't think anybody (her brother, friends and law enforcement) believe that this is how Sylvia disappeared. I don't believe it, either.

I'm currently reading a book called "Playing Dead", which is about the steps involved in leaving your life and allowing everyone who knows you to think that you are dead, but you're not. It is essentially next to impossible to erase your footprint entirely, although it was probably easier when Sylvia disappeared. I don't think anybody (her brother, friends and law enforcement) believe that this is how Sylvia disappeared. I don't believe it, either.
    You know - I certainly had hopes that bringing major attention to Sylvia after so many years would show some kind of a path to what happened. And yes, it does seem like it would be a Houdini feat to pull off a disappearance like that. And the events all seem very spontaneous that night, too. I had thought for a while, maybe if she left the country she might be alive and that is in the back of my mind... Still, living on the lam she would be looking behind herself - she would know about the publicity. And it doesn't fit with what we know about Sylvia, her family, friends and situation at the time.

The very sad reality is that after four decades she was disappeared in another way.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast