CANADA Canada - Coquitlam, Male, 25, 6', distinctive silver jewellery, Sasamat Lake, Jun'77

dotr

Reaction score
http://coquitlam.bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=2115&languageId=1&contentId=51393
attachment.php

attachment.php

Coquitlam - On June 5, 1977, a man wearing a distinctive silver ring, a fashionable silver bracelet and two puka shell necklaces was found in Sasamat Lake. The police investigation concluded that the man had probably gone for a swim and drowned. Nobody could figure out his name.

On the 40th anniversary of this mystery the Coquitlam RCMP want your help to solve it.

The unidentified man was quite fashionable for 1977; he had brown hair with long sideburns, brown eyes, a complicated upper dental plate, jeans, and a comb in his back pocket. He was about 25-years-old, six feet tall and 180 pounds.

This guy wore pretty hip jewellery for the time and he cared about his appearance so we are sure someone is missing him, says Corporal Dennis Morrison with the Coquitlam RCMP Investigative Support Team, this man was someone’s brother, boyfriend, or buddy, and we’re hoping one of those people comes forward and gives us the missing link in this file.

Attachments

• 56975_Resized_ring.jpg
    56975_Resized_ring.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 56981_40_Bracelet.jpg
    56981_40_Bracelet.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 217
http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/rcmp-hope-silver-jewelry-can-help-solve-40-year-old-mystery
The body had been in the water several weeks before being discovered and there were no injuries to suggest foul play.

Morrison believes someone drove the unidentified man to the lake but no one has ever talked to police.

The drowned man’s friends would be about 65 years old today.

If someone recognizes the description of the man or his jewellery they can call Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550 and ask for Corp. Morrison. The B.C. Coroner is also working on this file and can be reached at 1-877-660-5077.

There's a year (almost to the day) between missing since date and the time this UID was discovered. Age & weight are a bit off too, but the location is only 40 mins from where he was last seen.
It's hard to tell from the grainy black and white photo, but it looks like he has long sideburns.
As well, it lists dentals unknown so no way to rule him based on the dental plate.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4866dmbc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a year (almost to the day) between missing since date and the time this UID was discovered. Age & weight are a bit off too, but the location is only 40 mins from where he was last seen.
It's hard to tell from the grainy black and white photo, but it looks like he has long sideburns.
As well, it lists dentals unknown so no way to rule him based on the dental plate.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4866dmbc.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

That looks like a spoon ring and some sort of ID bracelet, but there doesn't appear to be any engraving, even faintly.
Can anyone else see anything in it that maybe I'm missing?

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.401101407_sv6h.jpg
    il_fullxfull.401101407_sv6h.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 115
Those ID bracelets were everywhere in the 1970s. It's a shame his first name wasn't engraved on the plaque bit as it would have helped to narrow things down considerably.

It's kind of worn down, and appears to be plated. Can you discern any writing on it? I'm wondering if it had been there but rubbed off. I had one with that wasn't deeply engraved and some of it it. I can't tell.

It's kind of worn down, and appears to be plated. Can you discern any writing on it? I'm wondering if it had been there but rubbed off. I had one with that wasn't deeply engraved and some of it it. I can't tell.

There's no engraving that I can see, just a few scratches.

I'm 95% sure this is the body of the American Lynn Dull, who went missing from Oroville, Washington in 1974. I believe he had a Canadian girlfriend living somewhere around the Coquitlam area back then. I would have to check back to the old police reports, but I believe his abandoned car was found less than a mile from Sasamat Lake. I have no idea why it has taken 40 years to figure this out, but perhaps it is simply the difficulties of cross-border police force communication and the fact that there was a 3-year time gap between his abandoned car being discovered and the body being found. It's also possible that there could be something more nefarious at play. I wonder if there is DNA evidence on the body? Can anyone provide any more information on the disappearance of Lynn Dull? It is a non-trivial task for me to try to get access to the Okanogan County police reports from the 1970s.

I'm 95% sure this is the body of the American Lynn Dull, who went missing from Oroville, Washington in 1974. I believe he had a Canadian girlfriend living somewhere around the Coquitlam area back then. I would have to check back to the old police reports, but I believe his abandoned car was found less than a mile from Sasamat Lake. I have no idea why it has taken 40 years to figure this out, but perhaps it is simply the difficulties of cross-border police force communication and the fact that there was a 3-year time gap between his abandoned car being discovered and the body being found. It's also possible that there could be something more nefarious at play. I wonder if there is DNA evidence on the body? Can anyone provide any more information on the disappearance of Lynn Dull? It is a non-trivial task for me to try to get access to the Okanogan County police reports from the 1970s.

Welcome to Ws 421LKG!
Thanks for that very intriguing tip, will look for more information about that missing person.

Welcome to Ws 421LKG!
Thanks for that very intriguing tip, will look for more information about that missing person.

dotr, did you ever find about more about Lynn Dull? I can't find anything about someone with that name missing from Washington.

dotr, did you ever find about more about Lynn Dull? I can't find anything about someone with that name missing from Washington.
Looked several times for info. and did not come up with anything, but that does not mean it is not somewhere!

Welcome 421LKG :welcome:

Initially I thought Lynn sounded very likely but I have to question how he could have abandoned his vehicle near Sasamat Lake in 1974 and been in the water for 3 years. LE feels the individual located in 1977 had only been "in the water several weeks".

Having said that, just because we might not figure it out right now, I really think it is worth a call to the investigator:

If someone recognizes the description of the man or his jewellery please call Coquitlam RCMP at 604-945-1550 and ask for Corporal Morrison. The BC Coroner is also working on this file and can be reached at 1-877-660-5077.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back