849 users online (113 members and 736 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 500
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933

    Post Conviction Brief

    According to this article, she has filed a 1,000-page notice for post conviction relief!!

    http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Mak...427053043.html


    1000 pages

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    According to a local on the family FB page, the clerk is still scanning it, KZ delivered this morning in person.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    According to a local on the family FB page, the clerk is still scanning it, KZ delivered this morning in person.
    Just you and me here right now I guess missy.

    $1.25/pg ..... looks like we will be waiting until a media outlet releases it.
    Glad I got the week off... perfect timing !
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Just you and me here right now I guess missy.

    $1.25/pg ..... looks like we will be waiting until a media outlet releases it.
    Glad I got the week off... perfect timing !
    Yep, and apparently they can't even email it because it's so big LOL So hopefully a local station gets it and starts scanning quickly!!! I don't think the clerk has even finished scanning it, it's not in the system yet.

    You know... with a 1000+ pages, it's just KZ's way of backing away and dropping SA's case

    on another note... CASO report is 1116 pages, it's possible that KZ's brief may be bigger than their report! lol I imagine a lot of those pages are exhibits, reports, etc. With any luck, maybe KZ will post it on her site, she has the motion from August posted on there already. IMO, if I was her, I would post it and not make anyone have to pay Manitowoc County for it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    Just you and me here right now I guess missy.

    $1.25/pg ..... looks like we will be waiting until a media outlet releases it.
    Glad I got the week off... perfect timing !
    Nope I'm here too. I think it will be on Skipptrops page soon.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    another update... SkippTopp called the newsroom of WBAY, they told him that they have someone at the courthouse and they are waiting to get a copy and will be putting it online. If he doesn't see it today or tomorrow, he will be getting a copy himself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    Hi everyone!

    I think it's going to be a few hours before we seen anything online just because of the size of it and I think it would have to be scanned. What's another couple of hours??? LOL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Hi everyone!

    I think it's going to be a few hours before we seen anything online just because of the size of it and I think it would have to be scanned. What's another couple of hours??? LOL
    It will seem like an eternity.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Angenette Levy‏Verified account
    @Angenette5
    There are claims of ineffective assistance of counsel in @ZellnerLaw's motion for a new trial for Steven Avery @Local12 #MakingAMurderer

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    an update on wbay's story..

    http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Mak...427053043.html

    teven Avery's attorney has filed a 1,272-page notice for post conviction relief in Manitowoc County, Action 2 News has learned.

    Attorney Kathleen Zellner appeared in person to file the document Wednesday rather than providing an electronic filing.

    Her filing boils down to five arguments:


    1. Avery had ineffective assistance of defense counsel

    2. New evidence

    3. Ethical violations by special prosecutor Ken Kratz impaired Avery's due process

    4. Brady violations - referring to a U.S. Supreme Court case that ruled prosecutors violated a defendant's due process by suppressing evidence that was favorable to the defendant who requested it

    5. Avery's previous post-conviction motions do not bar him from bringing this claim


    apparently the Clerk is now having issues making copies, so now I'm not sure anyone will get copies today. Emily Matesic (she was in the series) with WBAY is there reading it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Getting the facts
    Posts
    2,099
    It took me a long while to get through the CASO report. Most of that is just a few lines on each page.

    I can only imagine how long it will take to read this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    an update on wbay's story..

    http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Mak...427053043.html

    teven Avery's attorney has filed a 1,272-page notice for post conviction relief in Manitowoc County, Action 2 News has learned.

    Attorney Kathleen Zellner appeared in person to file the document Wednesday rather than providing an electronic filing.

    Her filing boils down to five arguments:


    1. Avery had ineffective assistance of defense counsel

    2. New evidence

    3. Ethical violations by special prosecutor Ken Kratz impaired Avery's due process

    4. Brady violations - referring to a U.S. Supreme Court case that ruled prosecutors violated a defendant's due process by suppressing evidence that was favorable to the defendant who requested it

    5. Avery's previous post-conviction motions do not bar him from bringing this claim


    apparently the Clerk is now having issues making copies, so now I'm not sure anyone will get copies today. Emily Matesic (she was in the series) with WBAY is there reading it.
    Explain these away at the CrimeCon Kratz!

    Clerk is having an "issue" making copies..... that doesn't even make sense. Convenient time for copier to malfunction? Take it to another damn copier!
    "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment" - Rumi

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SK, Canada
    Posts
    3,933
    I have read that John Ferak (Jaiddie will be happy) is on his way to the court house. I know EM with WBAY is already there. I'm one of those that like to read it for myself, so I hope they figure this out soon! I know people have been tweeting KZ to see if she will release it too.

    waiting...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A cool spot in the USA
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    I have read that John Ferak (Jaiddie will be happy) is on his way to the court house. I know EM with WBAY is already there. I'm one of those that like to read it for myself, so I hope they figure this out soon! I know people have been tweeting KZ to see if she will release it too.

    waiting...
    I'm reading KZ will release it tomorrow

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Scott Lavergne -- Post Conviction
    By GulfCoastKAT in forum Mickey Shunick
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 08:37 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 10:43 AM
  3. ATWA and other post-conviction group activity
    By Ausgirl in forum The Manson Family
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 09:34 PM
  4. CA - Bakersfield To Pay 5M$ For Wrongful Conviction
    By Wudge in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 11:05 PM