Found Deceased IA - Delores Sumpter, 27, Des Moines, 1 April 1978 *match in 2022*

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Delores Diane Sumpter

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23584/4

Age last seen: 27

Age now: 66
Race: White female
Hair color: Black
Eyes Color: Blue
Height: 62.0
Weight: 125.0
Clothing/Scars and Marks:
Surgical scars on breast and abdomen. Appendix surgery. Was described as a "pretty girl" Went well dressed and wore a lot of make-up

No photos disponible

Delores Sumpter was reported missing to the Spirit Lake Police Department on April 1, 1978. Delores Sumpter was last known to be living at the YMCA and was to meet Family there. Delores left a note on the day of the arranged meeting stating, "Had gone to church, would be late." Delores never returned

I wonder ifDelores simply changed her name and chose to disappear. I ask this because Ihave checked Ancestry and on there is a record from the US Social Security andClaims Index for Deloris Diane Sumpter. Despite the slightly different spellingof Delores this clearly refers to the same person as it specifies a whitefemale, born in Centerville, Iowa on December 21 1950 – the DoB matchesDelores. Therefore it can be assumed that either the information on this recordis valid or Ancestry (and by extension US Social Security) have a false recordwhich seems unlikely. The information on the record is as follows;
SSN: 480685129
Death Date:3[SUP]rd[/SUP] June 2003
February1967: name listed as Deloris Diane Covington
December1972: name listed as Deloris Diane Kafka
May 1974:name listed as Deloris Diane Sumpter
5[SUP]th[/SUP]October 1977: name listed as Deedee Dawn Prater
4[SUP]th[/SUP]Jan 1978: name listed as Deedee Dawn Hillig
29[SUP]th[/SUP]Sept 1994: name listed as Gigi Diane Kaszko
There is anotherrecord on Ancestry (with matching DoB of 21[SUP]st[/SUP] December 1950) for amarriage of Deedee Dawn Sumpter to Robert Lee Hufford in Laclede Missouri on 4June 1976 and other possible records under various name variations. It doesseem that Delores may have had multiple aliases.
I shouldhave said that I took Delores DoB originally from the record on http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=65727
I do notknow what all this means but it seems odd that LE did not check the index.

Just realized the article is fairly repetitive and linear with the case file, so unfortunately no new information can be gained from this source. Good to note that people are still searching for Delores however.

I wonder ifDelores simply changed her name and chose to disappear. I ask this because Ihave checked Ancestry and on there is a record from the US Social Security andClaims Index for Deloris Diane Sumpter. Despite the slightly different spellingof Delores this clearly refers to the same person as it specifies a whitefemale, born in Centerville, Iowa on December 21 1950 – the DoB matchesDelores. Therefore it can be assumed that either the information on this recordis valid or Ancestry (and by extension US Social Security) have a false recordwhich seems unlikely. The information on the record is as follows;
There is anotherrecord on Ancestry (with matching DoB of 21[SUP]st[/SUP] December 1950) for amarriage of Deedee Dawn Sumpter to Robert Lee Hufford in Laclede Missouri on 4June 1976 and other possible records under various name variations. It doesseem that Delores may have had multiple aliases.
I shouldhave said that I took Delores DoB originally from the record on http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=65727
I do notknow what all this means but it seems odd that LE did not check the index.

Did you ever turn this information over to Namus or LE?

Dolores Diane Sumpter (NamUs MP# 23584)
Desaparecido desde: 1 de abril de 1978
Desaparecido de: Des Moines, Iowa
Encontrado: Fallecido el 3 de junio de 2003 como Gigi Kasko (a través de varios cambios de nombre).
Resuelto por: Match presentado por el miembro de Doe, Hether Belusky y presentado en noviembre de 2021 a las fuerzas del orden y NamUs.
Confirmado: Caso eliminado de NamUs en marzo de 2022.

Located & Identified Persons

Dolores Diane Sumpter (NamUs MP# 23584)
Desaparecido desde:
1 de abril de 1978
Desaparecido de: Des Moines, Iowa
Encontrado: Fallecido el 3 de junio de 2003 como Gigi Kasko (a través de varios cambios de nombre).
Resuelto por: Match presentado por el miembro de Doe, Hether Belusky y presentado en noviembre de 2021 a las fuerzas del orden y NamUs.
Confirmado: Caso eliminado de NamUs en marzo de 2022.

Located & Identified Persons
Thank you! Putting in the English translation here too.
I’ll flag this to an admin to mark this thread as ‘found’.

Attachments

• 065FAE46-E31E-4F39-88F0-41091C661A1C.png
    065FAE46-E31E-4F39-88F0-41091C661A1C.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 55
Well, I certainly hope she lived a fulfilling life.

Rest peacefully now ma’am.

Shame she only lived to be 53 but I bet her life was quite and adventure. I would love to see any picture of her from any point.

Delores Diane Sumpter (NamUs MP# 23584)
Missing Since:
April 1, 1978
Missing From: Des Moines, Iowa
Found:Found to be deceased on June 3, 2003 as Gigi Kasko (via several name changes).
Solved by:Match submitted by Doe member, Hether Belusky and submitted in November 2021 to law enforcement and NamUs.
Confirmed : Case removed from NamUs in March 2022.

I shouldhave said that I took Delores DoB originally from the record on
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=65727
Turns out this poster was absolutely right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back