1022 users online (138 members and 884 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First Lady Fashion

Would it be OK to have this thread as a more lighthearted place to discuss former & current First Lady fashion?

Melania wore this dress 3 days ago to the Ford Theatre Gala. I like its flowiness and lack of belt, and the color, but there's something I'm not really *feeling* about it.

Of course, Jackie O was a style icon. Here's one of my favorite outfits of hers.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

I like the color (above) Melania's dress too and I also feel something is off but IDK what.

Free Melania

I think Melania's dress is pretty, but it doesn't do anything for her figure. I think it makes her look boxy in the middle.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

It looks like a nightgown

I typically like MT's sense of style but not that dress. First, the knot in the center makes her stomach below look puffy. Second, the color is too close to her skin tone that it washes her out. Third, the silky material is like that of a nightgown.

That being said, she could wear a burlap bag & look better than most any day.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    I typically like MT's sense of style but not that dress. First, the knot in the center makes her stomach below look puffy. Second, the color is too close to her skin tone that it washes her out. Third, the silky material is like that of a nightgown.

I always marvel at some of the outfits movie stars wear. Truly bizarre and ugly.

Melania's dress looks like something someone would wear for Halloween for an ancient Egyptian look.

She has worn very elegant and stunning outfits. Then this. How does that happen? Maybe it phographed badly?

The color washes her out, too.

She's a beautiful woman, but the dress is doing her no favors.

I'm still amazed that this thing cost $51K:
    melania-in-51k-jacket.jpg.size.custom.crop.867x650.jpg

It reminds me of on Trading Spaces when one of the designers glued fake flowers to the wall.
    Jill can't find last year's taxes either.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    This is the second time that I've seen Mrs. Trump wearing the very popular "blush" color. She wore a lovely blush dress with matching ballerina flats during the White House Easter event. I can't post photos, but if someone finds a picture of MT in that dress, please share. Melania is gorgeous, and I love her sense of style

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post

I thought the same thing! She looks bloated... or pregnant The blush color is pretty, but few can carry it off. Kate Middleton's dress for Pippa's wedding was lovely, a bit matronly, but she looked very pretty in that shade of pink.

Here it is:
    170417_pol_melania_childrens_book_16x9_992.jpg

I like this one, the shade is more pink than the earlier posted dress.

I also think the belt gives the dress more shape and shows off Melania's figure better.

And yes, I'm just as opinionated about fashion as I am about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysia View Post
    And yes, I'm just as opinionated about fashion as I am about politics.

She looks very pretty in that dress.

It does not look like it should cost much money. I bet it is a fortune.

I could never afford anything in her price range, but clothes that cost a bit more are more flattering in fit.

I mean stuff where a blouse may cost $100.

Michelle Obama had some super ugly outfits, IM not so humble opinion.

I, who is wearing a 15 year old tank top and a skirt I bought for 50 cents at a rummage sale a few years ago . And my blue and yellow Spam flip flops that do not match my dark green tank top or my flower print skirt.

Here it is:

I like this one, the shade is more pink than the earlier posted dress.

I also think the belt gives the dress more shape and shows off Melania's figure better.
    That one is very pretty!

I do wish her makeup artist would consider giving her a pop of color on the cheeks or lips. A nice berry lip stain would be pretty, or a slightly brighter blush. Her everyday smoky eye is very pretty, but I feel like she doesn't have enough color on the rest of her face. The shell pink lipstick is rarely changed up.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Nude lip color is 'in' too. I don't think it looks good.

Nude lip color is 'in' too. I don't think it looks good.
    Pale lip color was in vogue when I was in high school in the late '60s. Everything old is new again

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast