IL IL - Marc Bohanan, 60, Glasford, 26 April 2017

ClementineK

Reaction score
18891470_10154730767832602_624243622741362286_o.jpg

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170522/publics-help-is-requested-to-find-missing-glasford-man

Full quote of a recent local news link above posted on May 22, 2017:

<modsnip>

Marc Bohanan, 60, has been missing since April 26 when he possibly left his home with another person, said Sheriff Mike McCoy.

<modsnip>

To that end, the sheriff is asking anyone with information to call Detective Watkins at 697-7823. A reward, he said, was being offered for credible and verifiable information.

McCoy said “everything is open,” and foul play hasn’t been ruled out.

Bohanan is 60, 6-foot, 3-inches tall and about 230 pounds. He doesn’t drive and according to friends, is physically disabled."

(This is me typing now). This is fairly local to me and it's been very sad to see no progress in finding this obviously well-loved father and grandfather. This is also my first attempt at starting a missing person's thread, and hopefully I won't have to edit it 50 times to make the image and link work, as I can't seem to do that right! lol!! :)

Unidentified Male remains found in Kingston Mines:
KINGSTON MINES &#8212; Authorities hope DNA will solve the mystery of a man whose skull was found on the banks of the Illinois River near a campground in Kingston Mines.

The skull was found Monday afternoon by a property owner at the Rivers Edge Campground, which is located at the foot of Washington Street in the southeastern Peoria County village. On Tuesday, Capt. Tyler McCoy of the Peoria County Sheriff&#8217;s Office said the owner found the skull, later determined by a forensic pathologist to be that of a man, near the bank of the river.
Locally, there are two prominent missing person cases. One is Robert Bee Jr., a 13-year-old Pekin boy who ran away from home in mid-November and hasn&#8217;t been seen since. The other is Marc Bohanan, 60, a Glasford man who has been missing since April 26 when he possibly left his home with another person.
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170613/mans-skull-found-in-kingston-mines

Thread for the remains here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...emains-fnd-at-River-s-Edge-Campground-June-17

Wow!!! I had missed that local news story and haven't checked the threads in a while!!

Thanks for sharing that!

I too live locally to this case and I'm hoping that the DNA from skull will come back as a match. His daughter needs closure.

The above skull turned out to be DNA matched to a torso previously found in 2016. Therefore, it cannot be Marc.

Here is the new thread for the UID in the river: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-WhtMale-torso-found-in-Illinois-River-Nov-16

[h=1]Search continues for missing Glasford man[/h]
GLASFORD, Il. - Loved ones of Marc Bohanan describe the 60 year old Glasford man as a smiling, joking person, who had no enemies. Now a year since his disappearance, family members continue to search for answers, in hopes one day he will walk through the front door of their family home.

&#8220;It&#8217;s just been a roller coaster, we don&#8217;t know if he's alive or dead, we don't have something to grieve over. it's just continual,&#8221; said Bohanan&#8217;s daughter Natalie Roseboom.

On the morning April 26th, 2017, Roseboom drove by her fathers Glasford home, where the man, often refereed to as &#8216;Boh&#8217;, was doing yard work. Not giving much thought to the sight, Roseboom wouldn't have guessed it would be the last time she'd see him for at least a year.

&#8220;I got a Facebook message from his cleaning lady, she'd ask if I had seen him and I said said no, and she hadn&#8217;t seen him in two days&#8221; said Roseboom. She adds, &#8220;I then called him and there was no answer. I then called my friend whose a deputy, called non emergency and came out here to his house and started searching.&#8221;
Read more: http://www.centralillinoisproud.com...continues-for-missing-glasford-man/1143574611

DEC 27, 2019
Families of Alexis Scott, Marc Bohanan question search efforts
Family members of two Peoria County people who have been missing for more than two years are frustrated with what they feel is a lack of effort on what could be a promising lead.

Within the past 14 months, cadaver dogs have “hit” on a location near the Duck Creek power station near Banner Marsh in Fulton County. The dogs were indicating what they thought was the presence of a body within several feet of water in that marshy area.

And that, say the families of Marc Bohanan and Alexis Scott, is reason enough to send a dive team into those frigid waters. Twice, they say, the dogs hit. Once was in October 2018. The other was just last month. And in both cases, the Peoria Fire Department’s dive team didn’t go into the water.

[...]

I don’t know that they are related but noting here so people can follow up.

Human remains found in Illinois River near Glasford
PEORIA — Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirmed that his deputies found human remains on an Illinois River bank near Glasford.

At about 4:15 p.m. Saturday, deputies were sent to the 13000 block of Wheeler Road to talk with a person who thought he found human remains.

“Photographs of bones discovered were immediately sent to a forensic anthropologist who confirmed the discovered remains appeared to be of human origin,” the sheriff said.
When asked if he knew if the remains were that of Marc Bohanan who disappeared three years ago in April or Alexis Scott, a Peoria woman who vanished in September 2017, he didn’t know. Janie Sellers also vanished in early 2018 under unusual circumstances.
Officers from the Peoria Police Department, Illinois State Police and Illinois Department of Natural Resources have additionally been notified and will assist in this investigation due scope and large geographic area which needs to be searched.

PEORIA — Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirmed that his deputies found human remains on an Illinois River bank near Glasford.

At about 4:15 p.m. Saturday, deputies were sent to the 13000 block of Wheeler Road to talk with a person who thought he found human remains.

“Photographs of bones discovered were immediately sent to a forensic anthropologist who confirmed the discovered remains appeared to be of human origin,” the sheriff said.
When asked if he knew if the remains were that of Marc Bohanan who disappeared three years ago in April or Alexis Scott, a Peoria woman who vanished in September 2017, he didn’t know. Janie Sellers also vanished in early 2018 under unusual circumstances.
Officers from the Peoria Police Department, Illinois State Police and Illinois Department of Natural Resources have additionally been notified and will assist in this investigation due scope and large geographic area which needs to be searched.

According to Charley Project, Marc was last seen at his residence on Glasford Rd. Marc P. Bohanan – The Charley Project

It doesn't say where he lived on that road, but S Glasford Rd is very close to the river where these remains were found/the address where police responded:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I hope his family soon has closure. :(

The remains have been identified as Jon'Perry Hutcherson.

APR 22, 2021
Human remains found near Illinois River identified as missing Peoria man, family says (hoiabc.com)
Remains found along the Illinois River in Glasford in 2020 have been identified as missing Peoria man Jon'Perry Hutcherson, his family said Thursday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back