1543 users online (273 members and 1270 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Right hand area in front entrance hall is marked B.

Figure 2; same damage viewed from adjacent wall;

figure three is taken closer;

figure 4 is in the middle of the mark close up;

figure 5 is from the entrance side of the mark;

figure 8 depicting the damage of the axe being help with the top edge of the axe into the sharp edge damage;

figure 9 is the adjacent wall with a close up of the top part of the blade of the axe being kept in damage marked.

Axe hadn't been cleaned yet when she handled it

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ay-25-20170612

Brown: Impact on right hand side wall edge adjacent to front entrance door way. I Looked at length, width, depth of the markings
    Brown: looked at surface- a plastered inside wall at the corner of two adjacent walls
    Brown: I looked at characteristics inside the mark there was damage on adjacent wall leading over to corner of wall its touching
    Brown: as well as on the wall close to the entrance - the right hand side wall

https://twitter.com/Traceyams

So..when did the axe get over to the entrance?

She later cleaned the axe and knife.

In terms of impact mark B , I could not determine if the axe was definitely the cause of such marks.

When I look at the impact mark at B, I look at the impact in terms of its entirety. Firstly it was on the right hand side wall edge and it was adjacent to the front entrance doorway. I looked at its length, its width, depth of the markings. It was a plastered inside the wall at the corner of 2 adjacent walls.

I looked at the characteristics inside the markings. There was damage on the adjacent wall, leading over to the corner of the wall that it is touching, as well as on the right hand side wall close to the entrance.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ay-25-20170612

Brown: I observed there was certainty of direction. The edge of the 2 walls was the weaker are of wall structure
    Brown: the marks had a beginning and an end, I could follow the course of the marks
    Brown: Ballistic terms - we look at striated* marks and indentations #vanbreda *Unsure of this term

(Tracey didn't follow OP trial then)

Court breaks for tea

Looks like vB wanted the intruder bringing the axe in through the front door then, and swinging it around before he went on his killing spree.

Brown: in looking at those marks I found there was force to create this mark with sharp edge tool

Scramble for the hobnobs

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    Looks like vB wanted the intruder bringing the axe in through the front door then, and swinging it around before he went on his killing spree.
    He just wanted to give them a fighting chance by warning of his approach. Why use a doorbell to announce your presence when you can wield an axe against some walls.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    He just wanted to give them a fighting chance by warning of his approach. Why use a doorbell to announce your presence when you can wield an axe against some walls.

Yeah, and why use an unlocked back door when you can morph through a locked front door..

Hang on, that must have been before he'd raided the larder for the axe.

Penny dropped - He wanted them to think the axe didn't come from the house. He never thought anyone would remember the axe in the pantry. Poor Henri, his story is falling apart every way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post

Yeah, and why use an unlocked back door when you can morph through a locked front door..
    Or a multitude of open windows on the ground floor.

Brown: Fig18 the impact mark mentioned in 5.4 against eastern side wall with the top share edge of axe placed into this mark
    Brown: fig 19 is the same impact mark with the same sharp edge of the axe placed into the impact mark
    Brown: fig 20: same impact mark top sharp edge of the axe placed into the mark its a close up photograph
    Brown: concluded its consistent with a controlled share edge movement. I looked at where the mark was- the eastern side wall
    Brown: above the staircase rail, inside the house

Oh, so it wasn't thrown down the stairs then..

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast