1129 users online (173 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Stephen Paoletti, 44, Volusia County, 31 May 2017

Family offers $5,000 reward for info leading to missing Volusia man

Out-of-town family members of a missing southeast Volusia County man are helping search for him and are offering $5,000 for information leading to his location.

Stephen Paoletti, a 44-year-old private investigator, was reported missing June 3 by a friend who said she last heard from him about four days before, according to a Volusia County Sheriff’s Office report.

A deputy went to Paoletti’s residence, a camper in the back of a property on Hideaway Lane near Edgewater on June 3. The deputy spoke to Paoletti’s landlord Nora Galbreath who said she last saw him the night before. Galbreath said Paoletti was riding in a pickup but she did not know who he was with, a report states.
    Read more: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...ng-volusia-man
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Deputies search for missing former officer, private investigator

EDGEWATER, Fla. - The Volusia County Sheriff Office is searching for a former police officer and current private investigator that had problems with his landlord before his disappearance.

Deputies said a friend of Stephen "Steve" Paoletti’s called them to report him missing. The friend told them that she speaks with Paoletti on a daily basis and on May 30 the communication between them ceased.
    Paoletti had posted a Craigslist ad to barter his service in lieu of paying rent.

He started working for an Edgewater woman eight months prior, but law enforcement was called the place where he resides on May 24.
    Paoletti was staying in a barn in a home of Hideaway Lane in Edgewater, however, after Hurricane Matthew, he had to move into the landlord’s home. After the storms, there was an incident between Paoletti and his landlord, and deputies were called the to property, according to the report.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/flo...e-investigator

Still missing. Perhaps he's undercover on an extended mission.

I can't find any updates. This is a petition Steve started in Feb 2017: https://www.change.org/p/fl-departme...se-and-neglect

I wonder if that case has anything to do with his disappearance?

Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

I posted a response to this post regarding a reply posted on the article but my post is now gone. I definitely posted it because it was on my profile. Could the mod who removed it please tell me which rule it broke if any so I know hot to do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by asdkek View Post
    I posted a response to this post regarding a reply posted on the article but my post is now gone. I definitely posted it because it was on my profile. Could the mod who removed it please tell me which rule it broke if any so I know hot to do it again?
    this keeps happenign to me as well
    Mostly my opinion.

I'm not a mod, but we are not allowed to discuss comments made on articles or social media. Anyone can post things on news articles. Those comments are considered rumors. You can say "interesting comment on this article" to point it out to us but that is about all you can say. If you think a comment is true and you want to discuss it here then send it to a reporter and ask them to look into it. Sometimes they do put it in a story and then we can discuss what the media reports on.

Well I specifically said in my post that the comment was from a man CLAIMING to be the father of Anya. The comment I was referring to is below the article linked in the OP if anyone wants to read it.