1103 users online (222 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CNN cancels Reza Aslan's show "Believer" after profane anti-Trump tweets

Much to the dismay of his legion of liberal fans, another toxic CNNer bites the dust

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/09/medi...ion/index.html

And liberals are too PC.

Toxic masculinity ruins the party again!

BTW, this staunch liberal ate human brains on TV.

http://people.com/tv/reza-aslan-spar...aste-charcoal/

I am confused. I thought CNN was the unrepentant tool of liberals?

Now they are the darlings of the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    Much to the dismay of his legion of liberal fans, another toxic CNNer bites the dust

Never heard of him. Looks like the Anthony Bourdain of religion? But less entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truthy View Post
    Never heard of him. Looks like the Anthony Bourdain of religion? But less entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I remember this guy now. Someone at FOX got pissed because he's a religious scholar and wrote a book about Jesus even though he is a *gasp* Muslim! (Christians never ever write about Islam, right?)

But I don't watch CNN, and I don't know anything about him, or his politics, or his show.

I don't know who this guy is either, but if you read the article it's clear he doesn't care. Apparently CNN isn't going to show his documentaries (if that's what they are) anymore.

An actual thread was started for this?
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    I don't know who this guy is either, but if you read the article it's clear he doesn't care. Apparently CNN isn't going to show his documentaries (if that's what they are) anymore.

An actual thread was started for this?
    It is a little more than CNN not 'showing' his documentaries. They are pulling the plug on a documentary series. He would have made at least 6 more episodes, bought and paid for by CNN< and then shown to their millions of viewers worldwide.

Why do you think 'he doesn't care?'

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cnn-...mp-1202460352/

“CNN has decided to not move forward with production on the acquired series ‘Believer with Reza Aslan,'” the network said in a statement. “We wish Reza and his production team all the best. “

“Believer” would have entered a second season if it had been picked up.

“Obviously I am very disappointed in this decision. ‘Believer’ means a great deal to me and to the countless viewers it’s reached. Its message of religious tolerance and exploration is extremely important right now
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    It is a little more than CNN not 'showing' his documentaries. They are pulling the plug on a documentary series. He would have made at least 6 more episodes, bought and paid for by CNN< and then shown to their millions of viewers worldwide.

Why do you think 'he doesn't care?'

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cnn-...mp-1202460352/

“CNN has decided to not move forward with production on the acquired series ‘Believer with Reza Aslan,'” the network said in a statement. “We wish Reza and his production team all the best. “

“Believer” would have entered a second season if it had been picked up.

“Obviously I am very disappointed in this decision. ‘Believer’ means a great deal to me and to the countless viewers it’s reached. Its message of religious tolerance and exploration is extremely important right now
    Because I read the article and he came off like he doesn't care.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

I think he knows what happened and why, and is cool with the decision - both the one he made and the one CNN made afterward.

"I recognize that CNN needs to protect its brand as an unbiased news outlet. Similarly, I need to honor my voice. I am not a journalist. I am a social commentator and scholar. And so I agree with CNN that it is best that we part ways. I look forward to partnering with another platform in the future to continue to spread my message. I wish CNN all the best."
    Honestly I'm not seeing why this is such a big deal. What kind of ratings was he getting? Were advertisers threatening to pull out?

Ok....but he says that he was very disappointed and the show 'meant a great deal' to him and 'the countless viewers it reached' with his specific religious message.

So I am not sure how that comes off as him not caring?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Oh, wow! I have friends who have been raving about The Leftovers.

Reza Aslan Talks ‘Believer,’ ‘The Leftovers’ and Our Extreme Times

Given what a minefield talking about religion can be, it’d be understandable if TV storytellers veered away from the topic. But many have done the opposite, and no program has been more committed to exploring the pain and beauty of faith more than HBO’s “The Leftovers,” which returns April 16.

Aslan has served as a consulting producer on the show, and though he was careful to avoid giving any spoilers on the final season, he said he thinks the show’s fans won’t be disappointed.

“For storytellers like [‘Leftovers’ executive producer] Damon Lindelof, who have figured out a creative way to talk about these universal sentiments without necessarily getting too bogged down in specific religious ideas, I think that the reward is going to be astonishing,” Aslan says. “I mean, that’s the reason why ‘Leftovers’ fans are so passionate about it.

I have atheist friends who love that show. I have friends who are fundamentalists, evangelical, Bible-believing Christians, and ‘The Leftovers’ is their favorite show. It’s precisely [because it has] created a new set of metaphors, a new way of talking about faith that allows people to be drawn to it, regardless of how they themselves experience faith.

This is not at ALL what I thought it was about. The things you learn on websleuths, eh?

10 Things we learned about Conservative Fruit Loops:

#1: They know how to copy and paste from Fox, Breitbart, delusional "news" source of choice

#2 - #10: See #1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast