Found Deceased ME - Megan Gregory, 27, Augusta, June 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Gardiner Police Department are trying to locate 27-year-old Megan Gregory. Her family has not seen or heard from her in several days and they are concerned.

Police say Megan was last seen in Augusta.

Megan is 5’4” and weighs between 130 and140 pounds. She has blond hair is blond and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing black yoga pants, a blue sweatshirt and flip flops.

http://wgme.com/news/local/gardiner-seek-help-finding-missing-woman
04de02010adf2d9c687372e5faa4b5ae.jpg

From the link (under "Circumstances):
"Megan was last seen wearing yoga pants, a blue sweatshirt and flip flops. Her hair is styled in dreadlocks. She was last seen on Sand Hill in Augusta after getting into an argument with her boyfriend." (BBM :()

There doesn't seem to have been any updates in the last week or so ....

Megan was last seen in Augusta the first week of June.

Megan is 5’4” and weighs between 130 and140 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes.

She has a large tattoo of a tortoise on her upper left thigh and a flower on top of her right foot. She also has a pierced nose and tongue and gauged earlobes.

http://wgme.com/news/local/gardiner-police-seek-help-finding-woman-missing-for-weeks

Search continues for missing Gardiner woman

Authorities say the last verified sighting of 28-year-old Megan Gregory occurred on June 5 in Augusta.

Shauna and Michael Drashcovich have since learned that someone saw her on June 6, getting into an SUV outside the Edwards House Inn on Water Street in Augusta. Police have not been able to verify that, and no one knows which way the vehicle went.

The Drashcoviches, who had been estranged from Gregory since January, found out that she disappeared only when her distraught boyfriend came to tell them a day after he last saw her, and that’s when they called police.

“We don’t know what led her to this point,” Shauna Drashcovich said.

Gregory had been married briefly to someone she’d gone to high school with, and she had been taking cocaine.

“She got mixed up in the wrong setting,” Shauna Drashcovich said. “She chose to change that setting and she came up here to change her life around.”

On Tuesday, Gregory will have been gone three months.

Augusta police Detective Christopher Guay said Gregory is considered transient because she had no permanent address and was couch surfing with friends in the area. She worked in Augusta briefly before her disappearance.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/02/search-continues-for-missing-gardiner-woman/

Sadly, imho it seems she chose to go back to her old lifestyle. Hoping she is safe as it is not too late for her to turn her life around.

Megan is still missing. I am from the central Maine area and familiar with Augusta. I was reminded of her when she popped up on my FB page as still missing. This is only the 2nd time I've seen it make its round since the reported disappearance in June. I am curious why Gardiner PD is lead and not Augusta PD. I'm guessing it was reported in Gardiner and they just kept it??
I travel the area where she was last seen frequently. It's where a transient would likely end up but not where one would go missing. Or not be seen. People are often out on foot at local businesses/visiting/hanging out etc. lots of activity. Good and bad. Even looking at worse case scenarios I think she would have been located by now. There are vacant buildings but likely with still enough local traffic to find something. Local wooded areas are parks or walking/biking trails and I think the Kennebec River would have given her up by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping this.

Megan is still missing. I found this article on her, and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts.

https://mainecampus.com/2018/04/victim-blaming-do-addicts-deserve-their-scarlet-letter/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I think that’s nice that Megan who had a friend who cares so deeply for her. I hope she will make her way back to her friends and family. Sadly, the rumor that she was beaten to death behind a motel could be true. The article stated she may have been a prostitute. I speculate that if so she could have been doing business at that hotel.

The general public is not very simpathetic towards drug addicts and prostitutes. I understand. Drug addicts often steal and lie to support their habits. They drive under the influence and endanger the public.

I think that’s nice that Megan who had a friend who cares so deeply for her. I hope she will make her way back to her friends and family. Sadly, the rumor that she was beaten to death behind a motel could be true. The article stated she may have been a prostitute. I speculate that if so she could have been doing business at that hotel.

The general public is not very simpathetic towards drug addicts and prostitutes. I understand. Drug addicts often steal and lie to support their habits. They drive under the influence and endanger the public.
Yes, I do believe she was "working," though I think what was happening at that hotel was a bit more nefarious, just based on how the drug driving to running to prostitution thing usually works.

Honestly, I understand the public's disinterest in helping addicts; I completely disagree with it, but I do understand it, for all the reasons you stated and more. But if her friend is right, I'm very angry about the way the police are handling this. The public is allowed not to care, but the police are required to work it... And as a criminal justice practitioner who works very closely with the police, it boils my blood to read this kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Megan is still missing. I am from the central Maine area and familiar with Augusta. I was reminded of her when she popped up on my FB page as still missing. This is only the 2nd time I've seen it make its round since the reported disappearance in June. I am curious why Gardiner PD is lead and not Augusta PD. I'm guessing it was reported in Gardiner and they just kept it??
I travel the area where she was last seen frequently. It's where a transient would likely end up but not where one would go missing. Or not be seen. People are often out on foot at local businesses/visiting/hanging out etc. lots of activity. Good and bad. Even looking at worse case scenarios I think she would have been located by now. There are vacant buildings but likely with still enough local traffic to find something. Local wooded areas are parks or walking/biking trails and I think the Kennebec River would have given her up by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm familiar with the area myself, and agree with most of what you've said. However, she could have been beaten and killed there, and perhaps driven to a more remote place a buried out in the woods somewhere. God knows there are plenty of places in Maine to hide a body. Even where I live in NH, there are plenty of places.

I hope she is found soon, one way or the other. Has she ever gone this long without contacting family and friends? One of the articles said she was estranged from January until she disappeared in June. I wonder if this has happened before, and if she left again on her own. She could be in California for all we know right now.

Tuesday marks 1 year since Maine woman's disappearance

Gardiner police continue to ask for help finding a missing woman last seen in June 2017.

Megan Gregory was last seen in Augusta on June 5, 2017.

Last year, officials said her family had not seen or heard from her for several weeks. A missing person's alert was issued in July.

Police said last summer they were having a difficult time finding someone who had seen Gregory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back