NV - Joseph Vosburgh, 42, shot to death, Las Vegas, 25 Dec 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Rosemary Whittig-Hayward says she has been a captive audience to her next-door neighbor's temper for more than a decade.

Whittig-Hayward said Sunday that over the years, she has seen Lennie Joy Cuccia have angry confrontations with neighbors several times.

"She's always yelling, 'I'm gonna kill ya! If you touch my (expletive deleted) again, you're dead!' " Whittig-Hayward said, clarifying that she was not on the receiving end of such language.

About 5 a.m. Sunday, Whittig-Hayward awoke to the sounds of police sirens in front of Cuccia's trailer home at 818 Dale Ave., near the intersection of St. Rose Parkway and Las Vegas Boulevard.

"What a Christmas present," Whittig-Hayward said. "My God, can't they do it any other day?"

The full name of the victim was unavailable Sunday, but Janet Cherry, who identified herself as a longtime friend of the deceased, said he was a talented singer and guitar player who often drank too much.

Cherry did not witness the 3:14 a.m. shooting but speculated that it was either accidental or in self-defense. Cherry said "Joe V." was sometimes violent, yet Cuccia, who had been through three divorces, still loved him.

"She doesn't have the heart to kill him," Cherry said. "She would never do it."
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Dec-26-Mon-2005/news/5058367.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member