1627 users online (269 members and 1358 guests)  

Websleuths News

AL - Madison Co., White/Asian Fem UP10029, 32-42, Red Blouse w/Pink Buttons, Sep'95

The Doe Network
    Reconstruction of the victim by Betty Pat. Gatliff

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: September 22, 1995
    Location of Discovery: Meridianville, Madison County, Alabama
    Estimated Date of Death: 1994 to 1995
    State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
    Estimated Age: 32-42 years old
    Race: White, possibly Asian
    Height: 5'2" to 5'6"
    Weight: Unknown
    Hair Color: Sandy or light brown to blonde, about 6" long.
    Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed nose fracture.

Dentals: Available. Lower jaw missing.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: Available.
    Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Reddish Touche LA short sleeved blouse with large pink buttons, Lee blue jeans (size 16M), white ankle socks, and white/blue/green Reebok high top athletic shoes (size 10).

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim's partial skeletal remains were found in a wooded area about 150 feet north of Baltimore Hill Road by a man looking at land for sale.

Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;
    Agency Name: Madison County Sheriff's Office
    Agency Contact Person: Criminal Investigator S. Rutherford
    Agency Phone Number: 256-533-8820 or 256-533-8842

Agency Case Number: LE: 092295049
    NCIC Case Number: U918807095
    NamUs Case Number: UP #10029
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

NamUs
    Madison County Sheriff's Office

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/549ufal.html

5'2" and size 10 shoes doesn't make sense -- unless those where the best she could find via thrift-store shopping. Similar thoughts about the size 16 pants. Looking for a stockier person.

How close is this to Anniston? The description reads possibly Asian, did she come to Alabama with a soldier?

Was the hair colored? Possibly Asian & blonde/light brown is another puzzle.

The blouse she was wearing is a brand I had never heard of and it appears to be somewhat expensive (MOO) workout wear based out of Los Angeles today: https://www.touchelosangeles.com/

I wonder where that brand was sold in the 1990's? Could it indicate she has ties to California?

Anyone willing to contact them, ask to pin down when the blouse was available at retail, and where?

How accurate are hair colours after exposure?

There is a listing on the Doe Network that could be a possibility, but her hair is clearly dyed Auburn.

I will say that at 5'6", and usually in a size 8 to 8 1/2 shoe..Reeboks especially the High Tops tended to run small in the 90's, so I even wore a size 9-9 1/2 as I had to use them for our high school basketball team back in the day (late 80's)...

And I have Dark Brown Hair Color that when exposed to the summer sun, would turn to highlights blonde/red/brown...literally, to the point that people swore I got my hair professionally highlighted/dyed, which I have never done in my life..

I have also been every size from a 4 to an 18 over the years, so I will say what makes more sense to me would be=

LIKELY REAL LIFE STATS WERE:
    HAIR COLOR: Light Brown/Dark Brown Hair
    Eye Color: Brown/Black (most common colors)
    HEIGHT:5'4"-5'6"
    WEIGHT: 165-180lbs
    SIZES/SHIRT: Large or size 14-16
    SIZES/PANT: 16
    SHOE SIZE: 8-8 1/2 (& a 10 in Reebok Hightop tennis shoes)

I resembled those stats at one point in my life...so, to me...they do make a lot of sense, that is if one selects from within the LE guesstimated range(s), then takes a few realities into consideration...(asian mixes tend to be larger boned structure/frame wise if they had a big/stocky father + petite mothers, not all but it is common)...

Also.. being of Asian Ethnicity myself...I'd go so far as to say either she is likely a "mix" 1 parent Caucasian/African American + Asian...& her Asian half is likely from Korea, China, Philippines... to produce those types of facial features (Umm, it's an asian thing, the flat pug nose, bigger boned cheeks, a more square/round face than slender, and also the type & shape of her eyes, etc..after so many yrs, and being compared to so many different asian ethnicities myself...and interacting with other Asian (who can be very cliquish and even racist with asian vs asian & often stay among themselves)... Well, One learns to recognize various facial features from each of the regions in Asia, Am I right 100% of the time?, No, but a good 80-85%..I asked my 78 yr old filipino mother her (2nd) opinion of the photo & she also said a likely an African American & Korean mix background ...

As for the clothing brand, I do not believe it is the same brand as in the one referred to in the link..I would bet money that the Touche brand she was wearing was a brand that was a subsidiary of another and went out of business long ago as many retail clothiers did in the late 90's-early 2000's...& that the link shown is for a much more recent & stand alone incarnation of the name Touche as a brand and likely from the mid 2000's...

I saw this case ages ago... and for obvious similarity reasons it struck a cord with me, but I'm not local enough to research...I say "research", because being Asian I will tell you that our communities (regardless a are vietnamese or korean or filipino, japanese, thai, etc), they tend to live in geographic clusters together, with families even living in either close proximity or even under the same roof, and often with everyone knowing everyone else, extended families/communities...

At the very LEAST, they would all likely shop at the same 2-3 local Asian Grocery Stores!...As Asian Grocery stores import key ingredients for traditional dishes that are NOT available otherwise (no internet shopping on Amazon back in the 80's & 90's so their local Asian Grocer would be a MUST)... We ourselves travel once a month an hour one way just to get to our 2 closest Asian Grocery Stores...the same ones we have used for YEARS, which as typical are run by the same FAMILIES who have owned & run them for years!, so it is highly likely that if her photo is shown to the local asian grocery store (or fliers put up there for shoppers to see), that someone would recognize her...especially if run by an elderly asian woman as most are (thats from experience in multiple Us States and is just a typical thing that they are businesses run by the matriarch), who may have been working during the time period she lived locally..

Hoping someone brings her home to her loved ones soon!...& as always, JMHO...

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!
    The TRUTH WILL OUT & THERE WILL BE A RECKONING, in this Life or the Next!!!