1049 users online (250 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Husband sentenced for murder of Anita Spates, 26

Spates' allegations didn't faze police
    DeKALB - Throughout his two-week trial on charges of murdering his wife - and despite all evidence to the contrary - the now-convicted Willie Spates returned again and again to one dubious allegation: It wasn't he who had killed his wife; it was DeKalb police.

On Friday, the day after it took a jury less than two hours to find Spates guilty in the April 2002 murder, DeKalb's police chief and one of the lead investigators in Anita Spates' case said that while it wasn't pleasant to be accused of killing someone you tried to help, they had confidence in the jury's and public's ability to see through the allegation.

“I think it's a combination of upsetting and frustrating,” said Chief Bill Feithen. “When ever someone's integrity is questioned, it's upsetting to good police officers.”

Spates represented himself at trial and called more than a dozen DeKalb police officers to the stand.

More: http://www.daily-chronicle.com/artic...ews/news02.txt
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Chico, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Spates represented himself at trial and called more than a dozen DeKalb police officers to the stand.
    Well that sure says a lot! What a maroon

Quote Originally Posted by chico living
    Well that sure says a lot! What a maroon

Sounds like this guy has more than one screw loose. Hasn't he heard that everyone who has ever been their own attorney is found guilty....idiot