1144 users online (186 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2017.06.11 - DC, Maryland attorneys general to file suit against Trump BREAKING

thehill.com:

DC, Maryland attorneys general to file suit against Trump

The Democratic attorneys general of Maryland and Washington, D.C., will file a lawsuit Monday against President Donald Trump, according to the Washington Post.

The suit will allege that foreign payments to the president’s businesses violate an anti-corruption clause of the Constitution.

It would be the first suit if its kind brought by a government entity, the Post added.

The lawsuit is scheduled to be announced at noon on Monday.

Absolutely effing awesome. He's a crook.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hot damn.

I've already forgotten about that other thing that didn't just happen.

Good. I can't imagine that he's not corrupt. The spinners will be out in full force Monday.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    Good. I can't imagine that he's not corrupt. The spinners will be out in full force Monday.
    Imagine if Spicer has to face anyone tomorrow. He's probably hyperventilating as we type.

Let's hope at minimum the AGs are successful in obtaining a court order for Trump's tax returns.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Breaking news at midnight on a Sunday night, awesome! I guess I won't be sleeping much until
    I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    Breaking news at midnight on a Sunday night, awesome! I guess I won't be sleeping much until
    I can't wait.
    You'll be waiting 8 years...why not get on with your beautiful American life...no need to stress yourself out.

jmo
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

Didn't just happen refers to a certain sporting event I'm pretending didn't happen, not that I think this news is fake or didn't happen. It was a relief to have some big news to distract me.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    I can't wait.
    I'm worried Congress will say all is forgiven. If it comes to that fingers crossed it's not until after midterm election in 2018. I'm hoping they don't get the chance, of course.

Maryland, D.C. mount high horse to sue Trump on ‘constitutional violations’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...p-constitutio/

“The lawsuit,” The Washington Post reported, “the first of its kind brought by government entities, centers on the fact that Trump chose to retain ownership of his company when he became president.”
    At the same time, these attorneys general bringing the suit acknowledge that Trump, in January, did indeed shift his businesses into the ownership hands of his sons.

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh and D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine — both Democrats, of course — allege Trump hasn’t kept all his business dealings separate from his political dealings. They know this, they said, because Trump’s son, Eric, announced he was going to keep his father apprised of the goings-on of company finances.

You know there’s a fishy odor in the air when a Democrat starts talking Constitution, starts babbling about law and order and the rights of American citizens — starts going on about government transparency and openness. After all, this was the party of Barack Obama, the president who promised the most open and transparent government ever — and who gave the likes of an attorney general who spied on journalists and tapped into reporters’ phone records.

But note to left: It’s not like these suits are gaining any Democratic points, outside of the media and the base. Come 2018, and election time, it’s not the suits against Trump that people are going to remember. It’s the hypocrisy of the left to scream law and order and “Constitution!” at the right — while failing to pick out the illegal, immoral and corrupt logs from their own eyes first.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    Maryland, D.C. mount high horse to sue Trump on ‘constitutional violations’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...p-constitutio/

“The lawsuit,” The Washington Post reported, “the first of its kind brought by government entities, centers on the fact that Trump chose to retain ownership of his company when he became president.”
    At the same time, these attorneys general bringing the suit acknowledge that Trump, in January, did indeed shift his businesses into the ownership hands of his sons.

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh and D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine — both Democrats, of course — allege Trump hasn’t kept all his business dealings separate from his political dealings. They know this, they said, because Trump’s son, Eric, announced he was going to keep his father apprised of the goings-on of company finances.

You know there’s a fishy odor in the air when a Democrat starts talking Constitution, starts babbling about law and order and the rights of American citizens — starts going on about government transparency and openness. After all, this was the party of Barack Obama, the president who promised the most open and transparent government ever — and who gave the likes of an attorney general who spied on journalists and tapped into reporters’ phone records.

But note to left: It’s not like these suits are gaining any Democratic points, outside of the media and the base. Come 2018, and election time, it’s not the suits against Trump that people are going to remember. It’s the hypocrisy of the left to scream law and order and “Constitution!” at the right — while failing to pick out the illegal, immoral and corrupt logs from their own eyes first.
    No, this isn't what's going to happen. The Dems will gain seats, and the Republicans on Trump's side (if he's still around) will be looking for new jobs in 2019.

It's funny how the Washington Times thinks it can read Democrat's minds.
    Last edited by bluesneakers; 06-12-2017 at 11:10 AM.

A tweet from Trump’s legal team shows he doesn’t understand what being president is about

Like the FBI director, the Cabinet, the generals and admirals who command the American military, and other key officeholders, they work for the American people and they swear an oath of allegiance to the Constitution.
    Trump, in short, ran the public company as if it were for his private benefit. And his legal team seems to think it’s okay for him to run the American government in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    You'll be waiting 8 years...why not get on with your beautiful American life...no need to stress yourself out.

jmo
    It won't be 8 months. I'd put money on it as others are doing--British betting firm Ladbrokes have the odds of impeachment now at 4/7 or 63.6%. Not stressed out, I love a big story and this one will be YUGE!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast