700 users online (83 members and 617 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New Zealand - Michael McGrath, 49, Christchurch, 21 May 2017

Michael was last seen on Sunday evening on 21 May 2017, at his home address in Halswell. He is 180cm tall and of average build. He has now been missing for 3 weeks and there has been no activity on his bank account.

Police have extensively searched a nearby property in Halswell and the surrounding land. The nearby Halswell Quarry Reserve has also been searched. This week they will start searching a landfill. Over 100 police have been involved in Operation Renovation, making it one of the biggest investigations in the area for many years.

A boyhood friend, David Benbow, prison officer, is yet to be eliminated as a person of interest.

Michael was working as a builder for cash jobs and has been described as hard-working and quiet. He lived alone in his own home.

Michael's brother has appeared on media and posted on Facebook stating his disappearance is completely out of character.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11870369

Please join us with your sleuthing expertise and help find Michael.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/...one-big-puzzle

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/relea...ate?nondesktop
    Last edited by Greater Than; 06-12-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added link

I'm here Calliope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    I'm here Calliope

Thank you Horror. I'm interested in your thoughts and appreciate your invaluable input in helping find Michael.

Hopefully get some closure either way for the family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Drb View Post
    Hopefully get some closure either way for the family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I hope we can be of service to his family in our own way. Great to have your mind here too Drb. I would be interested in your initial impression.

I am hopeless at linking the second link within the first, goodness me does that make sense. Anyways Michael last seen 21st. They are asking for sightings from 21-23. I found it really interesting about the mention of car and bike having been moved between those days but may have been him. While it's mentioned a quite man who kept to himself and inner circle of fiends and family, he must have been creature of habit for them to notice car and bike NOT parked in usual spot. Also I wonder why they think something happened on 23rd maybe phone records ? The searches have been thorough on land and water by the sounds and the property of friend. It appears they are doing the landfill search based on info they deem important. I think thy may know this one but looking for poor Michael and solid evidence ? What are you thinking Calliope?

I am hopeless at linking the second link within the first, goodness me does that make sense. Anyways Michael last seen 21st. They are asking for sightings from 21-23. I found it really interesting about the mention of car and bike having been moved between those days but may have been him. While it's mentioned a quite man who kept to himself and inner circle of fiends and family, he must have been creature of habit for them to notice car and bike NOT parked in usual spot. Also I wonder why they think something happened on 23rd maybe phone records ? The searches have been thorough on land and water by the sounds and the property of friend. It appears they are doing the landfill search based on info they deem important. I think thy may know this one but looking for poor Michael and solid evidence ? What are you thinking Calliope?

I agree Horror. My feeling is they know, but can't go further until they find some evidence. They do not seem to be considering suicide for example, which indicates to me they know it be otherwise. The search of the POI's property has been so extensive. All of this is MOO.

I'm here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slinkyminx73 View Post
    I'm here

Thank you for coming Slinky. There has been nothing in the news today. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Please let me know if you need to see any pictures or references.

Here is some more information about the POI. <modsnip>

http://i.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/...othing-to-hide
    Last edited by Greater Than; 06-12-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: You need a MSM link to back that theory up

Quote Originally Posted by CalliopeGG View Post
    Thank you for coming Slinky. There has been nothing in the news today. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Please let me know if you need to see any pictures or references.
    I'll delve into this tomorrow evening

Where did you read about his car and bike not being in the usual spot Horror? I can't find where it says that.

Where did you read about his car and bike not being in the usual spot Horror? I can't find where it says that.
    I might have worded that wrong see the link you just posted something in that made me think that. They said they had been moved but maybe by him between 21-23. If it's moved at house then you could only assume it may have had a normal spot ? Does that make sense. I will look better to direct better

New Zealand, Michael McGrath, 49, Christchurch, 21 May 2017

Here is some more information about the POI. <modsnip>

Calliope the paragraph just above police man head photo near bottom starts with "McGraths car and bike.....
    " appeared to have been moved" I found that a specific thing to notice/know ? Maybe I'm reading into that too much but it stood out

Last edited by Greater Than; 06-12-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Snipped quoted post

Calliope the paragraph just above police man head photo near bottom starts with "McGraths car and bike.....
    " appeared to have been moved" I found that a specific thing to notice/know ? Maybe I'm reading into that too much but it stood out

That's interesting Horror. I can't see that. Here's what I can see.

Last edited by Greater Than; 06-12-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added link

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast