1285 users online (245 members and 1040 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Philip Carter, 30, pushed in front of tram, Manchester, 11 June 2017 *Arrest*

• A woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man was hit by a tram and died at Manchester's Victoria station.
    • A Metrolink driver reported a collision involving a tram and a pedestrian at about 19:45 BST on Sunday, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) said.
    • A 31-year-old woman is being questioned in police custody.
    • The woman arrested was not the tram driver, police confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-40244537

Was wondering if she pushed him, and it appears so:

A man who died after being hit by a tram was pushed, police have revealed. The man, believed to be aged in his 30s, was shoved in front of a moving tram at Manchester Victoria station on Sunday evening. Emergency services were called to the station at 7.50pm, but the man died at the scene after falling between the tram and the platform.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ushed-13173176

A woman has been charged with murder after a man was hit by a tram and died at Manchester's Victoria station.
    Charrissa Loren Brown-Wellington, 31, is due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-40258632

He has been named in court as Philip Carter

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/regio...ourt-1-8592578

Eyewitnesses allege that an argument occurred between the two after the man asked the woman to stop swearing in front of children. The man was pushed and ended up between the tram and the platform or wall (only a couple of inches gap) and was fatally injured. The woman was telling people that she didn't mean to push him.

Tragic all round, two lives wasted over a trivial matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tallmansix View Post
    Eyewitnesses allege that an argument occurred between the two after the man asked the woman to stop swearing in front of children. The man was pushed and ended up between the tram and the platform or wall (only a couple of inches gap) and was fatally injured. The woman was telling people that she didn't mean to push him.

Tragic all round, two lives wasted over a trivial matter.
    Oh my god, so maybe she didn't even know him?! I had assumed it was a domestic incident. I hope his kids didn't witness his death.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Oh my god, so maybe she didn't even know him?! I had assumed it was a domestic incident. I hope his kids didn't witness his death.
    Appears they didn't know each other, although not confirmed.

EDIT1: Eyewitness claims that the man had his children with him at the time, would make sense considering the allegation that he challenged the woman about swearing in front of children.

EDIT2: Further details from an eyewitness. The woman pushed the man into the side of the tram as it was passing, not in front of it. Ordinarily this would not result in somebody getting between the platform and tram but as it was busy on Sunday they were running double trams which meant that a second unit was attached to the back of the tram. After the man hit the side of the first tram he rolled into the gap between the two tram units and was caught between the second tram unit and the platform. The driver didn't see this happen and continued a short distance resulting in unimaginable injuries that were clearly fatal.
    Last edited by tallmansix; 06-13-2017 at 12:07 PM.

The victim is pictured but no further confirmed information available.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....arter-13181377

I hope she gets the book thrown at her. I appreciate she didn't mean him to die, but you can't go round pushing people into trams.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....urder-13183452
    /
    It is confirmed now that the two didn't know each other prior to the incident. Several CCTV cameras covering the area so whatever happened will become clear when it goes to court in October and we can hear her defence in the matter. There doesn't seem to be any doubt that an argument led to the incident but we don't know if the push was intended to cause harm or was in self defence.

I don't think the woman intended to murder the man but it will be up to the courts to decide how culpable she was so I will reserve my opinion.

Social media is full of praise and love for the victim, seems to be well known in many areas and circles. It is also now clear that he wasn't with his children himself at the time of his death but I can't confirm whether he does have children, seems not at the moment.

An horrible incident
    * ** ........................ *

........Vultures................ L.U.S.T. spells Love

Runt of the litter...........Los Vigilantes...........