1140 users online (231 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayemonde View Post
    Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.
    No one here has said that.

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    I was hoping someone would bring up the petition - not sure if it's able to be linked here or not.

I live in the KC area so this case is of interest to me. I also have family who lives in Trenton. From my understanding, Tanner left his mother's home, said he would be back, but never returned. I am assuming the fact that he said he would return and did not are the "suspicious" circumstances. It's not really much to go on, though, is it?

I have also read that the family was contacted multiple times over the past 6 months and were told he was dead. It's also been stated that there is an audio recording of two specific people stating they killed him and buried his body. So much of this case is rumor, so I want to tread lightly.

It's beyond disgusting that people have sent his family pictures of his body...ugh.

I find it curious that an autopsy was completed so quickly. There is definitely something really fishy about this case IMO.
    Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if anybody on here was following this one.
    Apologies in advance, I'm relatively new to posting here and not really sure of how to quote multiple posts or specify which part of your post I am replying to so I'm just going to reply separately..

I am in no way local, actually in the UK, but very interested in this case also. I have a baby of a similar age to Tanner's and I can't imagine being in his his gf's position.

I had heard about the tips but didn't know about the audio recording. I believe there were a few videos too.
    I was intrigued to see that at one point LE had actually pointed out a couple of areas they were interested in gathering witnesses from.
    Was there much of a fuss about the case locally? I am finding it hard to find many news articles, and was shocked not to find a dedicated facebook page or anything.

Definitely interested in finding out more. Going to try to do some research tonight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.
    I'm not implying that tips=murder, or that all of the theories the family have are fact.

I think that the 7000 (or probably much more by now) signatures on the petition are telling though. I haven't found a single person who knew Tanner who thinks suicide is a possibility let alone likely.

The tips could have been someone's idea of a joke, but people involved in the investigation including LE at one point do seem to have given them enough credence for me to believe they were worthy of discussion at least.

I agree the whole digging up the body thing sounds unlikely, but I also think it's strange that a body hanging in a tree on the route to school taken every day by students would go unnoticed for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaural Binkie View Post
    The tips could have been someone's idea of a joke, but people involved in the investigation including LE at one point do seem to have given them enough credence for me to believe they were worthy of discussion at least.

I agree the whole digging up the body thing sounds unlikely, but I also think it's strange that a body hanging in a tree on the route to school taken every day by students would go unnoticed for 6 months.
    Presumably LE took the tips seriously, investigated them and ultimately found them to be unsubstantiated.

If Tanner's body was hanging high up in a tree I find it completely plausible that nobody saw him sooner. People don't tend to look up into trees a lot when walking from A to B, and foliage was probably hiding the body. I've read about other cases where a body was eventually found hanging from a tree close to home, and had been missed for months by search parties.

The first post stated the police believed him to be in danger, but never said why. All the weirdness happened in between, and then his decomposed body was suddenly found hanging from a tree in a small town. Immediately written off as suicide, but a substantial amount of people have signed a petition to investigate a possible cover up by local law enforcement........interesting case here

Presumably LE took the tips seriously, investigated them and ultimately found them to be unsubstantiated.

If Tanner's body was hanging high up in a tree I find it completely plausible that nobody saw him sooner. People don't tend to look up into trees a lot when walking from A to B, and foliage was probably hiding the body. I've read about other cases where a body was eventually found hanging from a tree close to home, and had been missed for months by search parties.
    I'm wondering why no one smelled Tanner's decaying body? I'm sorry. I'm not sure how to ask that in a better way.

It wasn't posted, but there was a warrant filed for his arrest in July:

Online court information shows a probation violation report was filed Tuesday by the Missouri Probation and Parole. The information also shows a capias warrant was issued July 6 at the request of the probation and parole office at Trenton. Bond has been set at $15,000.

Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace suspended Tanner Scott Ward’s probation until further order of the court.

Tanner Ward pleaded guilty to unlawful use of a weapon stemming from an incident at an apartment building in Trenton. On the 15th of last December, Grundy County Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace placed Ward on five years of probation after imposing a sentence.

http://www.kttn.com/arrest-warrant-i...rd-of-trenton/

Ward's family is apparently not buying the (suicide) ruling. Ward's older sister said her family believes Tanner was murdered based on all the tips that were received during the investigation into her brother's disappearance.

His sister said police informed her family that Tanner had hanged himself. The family does not believe that either. Her family thinks someone dug up Tanner's body Sunday night and placed it in the tree where the two students found it Monday morning.

The tree where her brother's body was found hanging is three blocks from her parents' house.

The students who discovered Tanner's remains walk that route to school every day, and the body wasn't there a couple of days before that.

Ward told us the family would like an outside law enforcement agency to investigate her brother's death.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-p...-human-remains

There will be a rally in support of justice for Tanner at 2 p.m. Sunday, on the town square in Trenton.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/trenton-t...e-was-murdered

#JusticeForTanner

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock74 View Post
    The first post stated the police believed him to be in danger, but never said why. All the weirdness happened in between, and then his decomposed body was suddenly found hanging from a tree in a small town. Immediately written off as suicide, but a substantial amount of people have signed a petition to investigate a possible cover up by local law enforcement........interesting case here
    When LE say they believe someone to be endangered but won't say why, it's often because they have reason to believe them to be suicidal and are trying to be discreet about it. Jmo.

"Police said they believe Ward is in danger, although there has been no evidence of foul play."
    http://kqtv.web.franklyinc.com/story...or-missing-man
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 12-08-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Eta article quote and link

When LE say they believe someone to be endangered but won't say why, it's often because they have reason to believe them to be suicidal and are trying to be discreet about it. Jmo.
    Endangered also means that person is on medication that they do not have with them.

Yes but LE will usually say if a person needs medication and doesn't have it with them, whereas they won't usually say if they believe a person to be suicidal. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

Online court information shows a probation violation report was filed Tuesday by the Missouri Probation and Parole. The information also shows a capias warrant was issued July 6 at the request of the probation and parole office at Trenton. Bond has been set at $15,000.

Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace suspended Tanner Scott Ward’s probation until further order of the court.

Tanner Ward pleaded guilty to unlawful use of a weapon stemming from an incident at an apartment building in Trenton. On the 15th of last December, Grundy County Circuit Court Judge Jack Peace placed Ward on five years of probation after imposing a sentence.

His family were furious about this. The warrant was issued because he missed a parole meeting (he had been missing for a month).

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post

information on the December 2016 arrest, approximately 6 months before Tanner went missing..
    http://www.kttn.com/two-trenton-brot...rday-incident/
    This looks bad.. "Tyler Ward is accused of wiping a 22 caliber pistol with alcohol and slamming it to a concrete floor in an alleged effort to impair a police investigation."
    So there was an investigation his brother was accused by the police of attempting to thwart? They were arrested for criminal actions while displaying guns? Yeah, we need details on that.
    Last edited by Moshimo; 12-08-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast