1284 users online (207 members and 1077 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

UPDATE: Police release new details about missing UI scholar

Police spokesman Pat Wade said Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

Wade said the last time she was seen, Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.

Multiple attempts to contact her at her home and on her cellphone have been unsuccessful, Wade said. Police have also talked to friends and checked local hospitals, as is routine in missing-persons cases.

The visiting scholar from China was headed to the One North apartment complex on North Lincoln Avenue in Urbana on Friday to sign a lease, Wade said.

"She texted the property manager at One North at 1:30 p.m., said she was going to be late and never showed up. That was the last anyone has heard from her," he said.
    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...i-scholar.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

IL - Yinying Zhang, 26, Urbana, UI scholar, 9 June 2017

UPDATE: University of Illinois have released a video of UI scholar Yinying Zhang entering a black vehicle on North Goodwin Avenue before she was reported missing Friday. Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying the vehicle, a black Saturn Astra. A security video from the B-4 parking garage on North Goodwin shows Zhang standing on the east side of Goodwin as the vehicle pulls up beside her. She and the driver speak for some time before she enters the vehicle, which then continues north on Goodwin Avenue.
    Video: http://www.news-gazette.com/video/20...nters-car.html

Previously reported: Yingying Zhang, 26, boarded a Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District Teal line bus at 1:35 p.m. Friday at the south shelter at the Orchard Downs complex in Urbana. She got off the bus at 1:52 p.m. at Springfield and Mathews avenues in Urbana and hasn't been seen since then.

Zhang was wearing a charcoal-gray hat with a white logo on the front, a white/pink flannel long-sleeve shirt, a white undershirt, jeans, white shoes and a navy-blue backpack. She has shoulder-length brown hair and wears glasses.

This is local to me. l will update when possible.

UPDATE: Police release video of car tied to missing UI scholar

URBANA — University of Illinois Police are investigating whether missing UI scholar Yingying Zhang may have called a ride-sharing service Friday afternoon before she was reported missing, releasing a video showing her entering a black car along North Goodwin Avenue.

Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying the vehicle, a black Saturn Astra. Detectives are also examining her cell-phone records and working with ride-sharing companies such as Uber to see if Zhang may have arranged for a ride, Wade said.

The video released Monday morning, from the B-4 parking garage on North Goodwin, shows Zhang standing on the east side of Goodwin as the vehicle pulls up beside her. She and the driver speak for some time before she enters the vehicle shortly after 2 p.m., which then continues north on Goodwin Avenue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

This is local to me as well. This is also my first post. I've followed so many missing persons cases on here, the fact that it's happening so close to home is sending shivers down my spine.

Zhang is visiting the school's Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. Police say she's been in central Illinois about a month and was staying in university housing.

Zhang was headed to an apartment complex to sign a lease.

http://www.wral.com/chinese-scholar-...iday/16758198/

The car is unique in that it was only manufactured in 2008-2009 so there aren't a lot of them on the road. My husband went to school there, it's generally a safe area. Hope the driver comes forward with more info.

Her last phone activity was at 2.30pm the same day.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...t-missing-four

Here is a new story out of China that says her parents are expediting visas and will be in the US shortly to help with the search.

It also mentions and incident on June 9th on campus where students reported a black car driving the campus "pretending" to be a plainclothes policeman asking students if they need a ride:

As a result of the Champagne University students on June 9 that day, in the campus was driving a black car driving on the roadside stopped, the car driving and pretended to be a student "plainclothes police", asked students to enter his In the car to accept the inquiry, the reddit issued a student said that the strange "police", the clothes have a police badge on the chest, the name was blocked students feel different, refused to enter the car, the driving left the scene, no Make things difficult or hands, the students also after the alarm for the record. And Zhang Yingying disappeared after the possible location, and "false police" haunt away, there have been students to the police to provide information, and suspected of the same suspects.

https://udn.com/news/story/6813/2521717

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Here is a new story out of China that says her parents are expediting visas and will be in the US shortly to help with the search.

It also mentions and incident on June 9th on campus where students reported a black car driving the campus "pretending" to be a plainclothes policeman asking students if they need a ride:

As a result of the Champagne University students on June 9 that day, in the campus was driving a black car driving on the roadside stopped, the car driving and pretended to be a student "plainclothes police", asked students to enter his In the car to accept the inquiry, the reddit issued a student said that the strange "police", the clothes have a police badge on the chest, the name was blocked students feel different, refused to enter the car, the driving left the scene, no Make things difficult or hands, the students also after the alarm for the record. And Zhang Yingying disappeared after the possible location, and "false police" haunt away, there have been students to the police to provide information, and suspected of the same suspects.

https://udn.com/news/story/6813/2521717
    The U of I official police blotter has no reference to any suspicious behavior by anyone in a black vehicle on the 9th or any other day of June.

“Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered… everywhere everywhere everywhere.”

-
    Find Dani
    Madison Doe
    Where is Sherin?
    -
    IMO.
    "Имaте Петрова огъня."
    "You have the Petrova fire."

Oh no this cannot be good.
    I hope Yingying is found safe.
    I do hope the driver is found soon.

Search Continues for Missing U of I Scholar

No one has seen or heard from Yingying Zhang since Friday. University of Illinois Police say they are working with rideshare businesses and cell phone companies to try and help find her. Flyers can also be seen all over campus asking for anyone to come forward with information.

The visiting scholar from China came to the U of I in April to study Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences.

"I just know she's first time here, and she's like a Ph.D. student,” U of I student Sunny Chen said. “So I just feel very sad and very sorry for her and her family."

Chinese scholar missing from University of Illinois for days

University of Illinois police released surveillance video on Monday showing Zhang entering a black Saturn Astra vehicle in Urbana about 2 p.m. Friday, shortly after getting off a bus. University police spokesman Patrick Wade tells The (Champaign) News-Gazette that authorities need the public’s help to identify the vehicle.

Zhang is visiting the school’s Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. Police say she’s been in central Illinois about a month and has been staying in university housing.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast