1122 users online (173 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Vancouver bars to dump unattended drinks warning of predatory men.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ning-1.4156592
    Vancouver bars to dump unattended drinks after VPD warning

A bar safety association in Vancouver says it's exercising extra caution after the Vancouver Police Department warned members of two predatory men on the Granville strip.

Former Vancouver police officer Curtis Robinson is the co-chair of BarWatch Vancouver — a network of 35 bars, nightclubs and restaurants in the city that promotes bar safety.
    He says while he can't divulge specific information about the warning, bars will take necessary precautions

Furthermore, he says staff have been trained to watch for indicators of predatory behaviour.

"For example, if a female patron becomes unexpectedly, seriously intoxicated without having consumed a lot of alcohol and is being led away by a male, the staff have been trained to intervene and call the police," he said.

http://www.news1130.com/2017/06/11/b...ent-date-rape/
    He says local pub owners were recently tipped off about two men exploiting women at bars along the Granville corridor, so efforts are being stepped up to stop predatory male behaviour against women in bars.

“I can’t use names but I received a heads-up that two people had come to the attention of Vancouver Police Department, and that in fact in previous times they had targeted women that frequented the Granville strip inside licensed premises.”

Thanks for starting this thread, dotr. I was amazed to hear in another thread just how many members here have been roofied themselves. I've been roofied at least twice, maybe 3 times. I never ever ever leave a drink unattended at the bar. Hopefully they will catch these *******s, and this recent news will help bring awareness to a problem that occurs everywhere.
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

http://www.rapereliefshelter.bc.ca/l...ide-rape-drugs
    WHAT ARE DATE RAPE DRUGS?

• Date rape drugs are any drug used by a rapist to facilitate rape. The media invented the term "date rape". Hype focuses on GHB, Rohypnol and ketamine.
    • Rohypnol is a sleeping pill. It emerged in 1993 and quickly became associated with night clubs, parties, and raves. It's cheap, plentiful, highly addictive, and widely utilized by heroin and cocaine users as a secondary drug.
    • Recent reformulation of Rohypnol makes it salty & it doesn't dissolve completely. Older versions of the drug are still circulating, which are odorless, colorless and tasteless.
    • Used in combination with other drugs & alcohol they are debilitating. Many women report amnesia as a primary effect. These drugs metabolize quickly and are often not traceable after only 24hours.

http://www.healthline.com/health/dat...rugs#overview1
    June 8, 2017 — by Jacquelyn Cafasso
    What is a date rape drug?

Date rape drugs are used to make a person more vulnerable to sexual assault and easier to attack. Sometimes, one or more drugs are used to distract a person so they become unaware of what’s going on and unable to protect themselves. These drugs are often secretly slipped into someone’s drink.
    The most well-known date rape drugs include the following:

• Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) is prescribed to people with sleep and anxiety disorders in other countries, but it’s not approved for medical use in the United States. It’s commonly called roofies or R-2.
    • GHB, or gamma hydroxybutyric acid, is sometimes prescribed to treat narcolepsy. It’s also called cherry meth, liquid E, or scoop.
    • Ketamine is used during surgical procedures. It may be called vitamin K, cat valium, Kit Kat, or special K.

Less commonly used date rape drugs include:

• ecstasy, also called Molly, X, and E
    • LSD, commonly called acid
    • clonazepam (Klonopin)
    • alprazolam (Xanax)

How can you protect yourself from date rape drugs?

Protecting yourself doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the party, you just have to exercise a few precautions when it comes to what you drink:

• don’t take drinks from other people
    • open containers yourself
    • watch your drink being poured or mixed at a bar and carry it yourself
    • if you need to go to the bathroom, take your drink with you; if you can’t, leave it with a trusted friend
    • don’t drink anything that tastes or smells odd
    • if you’ve left your drink unattended, pour it out
    • if you feel very drunk after you only had a small amount of alcohol, or none at all, seek help right away

as have I at least twice

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread, dotr. I was amazed to hear in another thread just how many members here have been roofied themselves. I've been roofied at least twice, maybe 3 times. I never ever ever leave a drink unattended at the bar. Hopefully they will catch these *******s, and this recent news will help bring awareness to a problem that occurs everywhere.

Once...and I was at a house party. Thank God my two besties were with me and took care of me. One of them screamed at the party host the next day and he apologized all over--- we think (still to the day thirty years ago) the guy who spiked my drink was a friend of a friend. But a good warning to all and to not accept -- that drink that magically appears "from the guy or girl across the bar". I had that happen as well when I was waiting to meet Mr. HC when we were dating.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.