702 users online (79 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SC - David Oakley, 37, Anderson, 31 May 2017

David Wayne Oakley, 37, was last seen at his girlfriend's home on Cherokee Circle in Anderson at 8:30 p.m. on May 31, according to a report released Monday by the Anderson Police Department.

Oakley's BMW was found abandoned early the next morning near Mile Marker 30 on the northbound side of Interstate 85, according to the police report.

The case was originally handled by the Anderson County Sheriff's Office. It was transferred to the Anderson Police Department after investigators learned that Oakley's girlfriend lives within the city.

Oakley left his girlfriend's house to return to his home on Hattons Ford Road in Townville because he had left his cellphone there, according to information that Oakley's brother provided to a deputy.

According to a sheriff's report, Oakley's girlfriend tried to reach him on his cellphone several times. She also said that the phone's voicemail greeting has been changed to Spanish.

Oakley is 5-feet-7 and weighs 135 pounds. He has brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing khaki shorts and a T-shirt.

http://www.independentmail.com/story...ing/390485001/

Something about this is very strange. I know this area and the location where his car was left is not along a route from Cherokee Circle to Hatton's Ford Rd.
    ETA: There is an exit on I-85 at mm 27 (hwy 81) and the one at mm 32 (hwy 8) is very rural.
    Last edited by SouthernMom; 06-13-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: ETA: additional info

South Carolina disappearance: Man's voicemail changed to Spanish, police say

Family last saw and heard from Oakley on May 31. When his car turned up on the interstate on June 1, Oakley was nowhere to be found near the vehicle.

A police report from Anderson Police Department states Oakley's phone was changed to Spanish and goes straight to voicemail. Relatives said the phone did not have a SIM card.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/13...olice-say.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

I do not know the area too well (live in NC), but doing some google mapping looks like mile marker 30 runs parallel to Napoleon Road. You can even see a home through the woods on street view. I believe the home is on the southbound side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    South Carolina disappearance: Man's voicemail changed to Spanish, police say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/13...olice-say.html
    Strange. I wonder if his gf is Spanish.
    It doesn't sound good. And it's usually not, if the car is found before the missing person.

This case is odd. I wonder the state of the car? Is it broke down? Were the keys in it? The phone in spanish... ?? So many questions. No answers. Hope he is found soon.
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

I've never heard of someone changing their voicemail to spanish. Does that mean it's now a spoken voicemail greeting in spanish by an unknown person? Or can you just change your language settings to spanish for the generic voicemail greeting that states your phone number?

You can change you cell phone VM greeting to Spanish. I have a friend that keeps his in Spanish.
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers16 View Post
    I've never heard of someone changing their voicemail to spanish. Does that mean it's now a spoken voicemail greeting in spanish by an unknown person? Or can you just change your language settings to spanish for the generic voicemail greeting that states your phone number?
    It's the standard automated greeting but the language has suddenly been changed to Spanish. From reading some comments off one of our local news affiliates, the call logs were turned over and it's as if the phone was just disabled. So, there's a car with a dead battery from the flashers being left on, a potential disabled phone with the language changed to Spanish, and he hasn't been heard from in two weeks. Not looking good at all. He was a pretty great guy from what I've heard. Prayers to the family that he's found safe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

(Following)
    Northern Colorado Shootings / Incidents Lists & Time Table / Detailed Spreadsheet by Forager:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ew?pli=1#gid=0

Northern Colorado Shootings Case Map:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...o.kzPJOvnNDQio

NoCo / Thread 1 / Possible Serial Shooter has Colorado Drivers on Edge / WHO KILLED JACOBY AND CONNOLE?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonslikk View Post
    It's the standard automated greeting but the language has suddenly been changed to Spanish. From reading some comments off one of our local news affiliates, the call logs were turned over and it's as if the phone was just disabled. So, there's a car with a dead battery from the flashers being left on, a potential disabled phone with the language changed to Spanish, and he hasn't been heard from in two weeks. Not looking good at all. He was a pretty great guy from what I've heard. Prayers to the family that he's found safe.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    The hazard lights being left on makes me think he abandoned the car there himself.

Reminds me of the couple found dead on a Florida highway in December. They od'd, stopped the car (with their kids inside) and got out of it, and died right there on the side of the highway. The hazard lights were also left on.

I don't want to imply drug use in this case as we have no indication for it, but could he have had a medical emergency? Exited the car and stumbled around, only to die somewhere in a field or brush nearby? Has the area been searched thoroughly? It only says he wasn't "near" the vehicle. How far did they search? Are there bodies of water nearby? Ravines or something he could have fallen into? Someone with Google map skills can have a look at the area?

This is the area where his car was left. The car was off the north bound lane (where the arrow is pointing). Looks like there are a few bodies of water and a small creek/river that runs parallel to I85. Not sure if these have been checked or not. It's not shown in this image but the river shown in the map comes from a reservoir southwest of where his car was located. Probably 2-3 miles from where his car was left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This puts SouthernMom's point into perspective.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, if the car was dead from the flashers being on, then he got out on purpose? Maybe stopped to help someone else on the side of the road who needed assistance? And if the flashers were on, then he wasn't trying to be invisible. He wanted oncoming traffic to see him.
    Did the news source say there was anything mechanically wrong with his car? Could he have been the one that pulled over first?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast