1262 users online (178 members and 1084 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?

2017.06.12 - Top Secret health care plan to be secretly signed next week

(modsnip)

beep beep

Only my opinion but i think losing healthcare warrents this many !beeps !

there are gonna try to pass health care without telling anyone all they need is 50 pls Pence like they cheated on the SC nomination

No one in Congress but the 50 will even know what is in it --no discussion at all the 50 walk in vote for it Pence swings by signs it a poof law passed

how ya feel about that -- are we feeling more Putin ruling than a president of the USA

Attn all supporters with pre-existing conditions kiss their health insurance goodbye

You have about two weeks they are behind closed doors right now doing it get your physicals
    The AFCA took like 320 hearings between both houses

they are refusing to even give the 500 other elected officials a draft

beep beep beep beep error on my part get your physicals by close of next week they are gonna secretly get it signed into law

Its reconsile something law that the rep in created to get in SC guy in without anyone dsiscussing his nomination

anyone remember the name of that rigged thing they did for SC guy

Scary they are recommending that you let your congressmen know you do not accept a health care bill that both houses of Congress have not debated, and have not been made public before signing it behind closed doors

Behind closed doors, the Senate is drawing closer to passing a health care bill that looks a lot like the widely disliked version that cleared the House.

msnbc with the congresswoman (listening in background ) and

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...-care-overhaul
    Last edited by bessie; 07-01-2017 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Overkill and distracting
    I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Egads! I thought the Senate was still hashing it over. Last word was that pre-existing conditions were still covered in their bill. This is quite a departure from normal procedure. Can we sue?

FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Senate GOP won't release draft health care bill

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wra...440345281.html

"We aren't stupid," said one of the aides. One issue is that Senate Republicans plan to keep talking about it after the draft is done: "We are still in discussions about what will be in the final product so it is premature to release any draft absent further member conversations and consensus."
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

CARIIS is offline "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    Egads! I thought the Senate was still hashing it over. Last word was that pre-existing conditions were still covered in their bill. This is quite a departure from normal procedure. Can we sue?

I wish I could remember the name of that cheat law they wrote up to get the Sc == they are using that to do this

Anyone know the name of it ?

They got out of confirmation hearings and everything IIRC

Nuclear - only requires 50 votes now instead of 60+.

I cant keep up you guys must find and watch Rachel tonight

She explains why they all went to the top secret intel room at the white house today!!!

Name of the piece was

is this going to be under oath

I just love my Rachel!!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    Nuclear - only requires 50 votes now instead of 60+.

What are you doing we decided to keep this top secret because there would be no seats left on flight to Switzerland !!!!

ha Rachel Trumps lawyers have no constitutional experience she goes something like - this is akin to hiring a contractor to teach one how to bake a pizza !!

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I cant keep up you guys must find and watch Rachel tonight

She explains why they all went to the top secret intel room at the white house today!!!

Name of the piece was

is this going to be under oath

I just love my Rachel!!
    Me too. She started sweeping the ratings on her 1st night back after being out sick. She's #1 over Fox, CNN.

Anyone starting to feel as if we have been transported to Russia and now live there against our will!

Rachel is doing the mass instant firing of the 42 attn gen at once !

AH ha maybe he wil get asked that tomm why were they fired when the Trump people agreed that the best way to do any changes is slowly not in mass they agreed and then thy fired all 42 on a Friday with no warning !!!

They have not replaced any of the 42!!

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    Me too. She started sweeping the ratings on her 1st night back after being out sick. She's #1 over Fox, CNN.

She is so good this is all complicated I could not follow any of this without her nightly class!

I think a lot of his base are not connecting the dramatic Medicaid cuts related to appeal Obamacare. All they hear is get Obama and go nuts. More of his base is on Medicaid than any other segment.

And it is gonna be such a mess it might take a while for the reality of them having no Medicaid - none

While you focus on Comey, Senate

This s the sleazy thing they did to get away from having any debate or need regular congress stuff for bills that require appropriately money!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Sen. McConnell [/COLOR]implemented Senate “Rule 14”[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] Wednesday to fast-track the GOP House health bill. [/COLOR]This rule allows[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] the Senate to skip the committee process (goodbye full senate committee debate) and instead “fast-tracks” the bill by moving it on the senate calendar so it can be brought to a vote.

[/COLOR]Republicans need to pass a health care bill immediately. And they need to pass a bill that reconciles the needs of both the House and Senate, by September 30th in order to use reconciliation. Reconciliation is a 1974 act that expedites the senate’s consideration of bills that pertain to the budget. While Washington watches James Comey testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Senate Republicans leaders and the health care working group will still be meeting for a working luncheon to continue negotiations.
    The Senate’s job is harder because unlike the House, the Senate cannot vote on a bill until the Congressional Budget Office scores it. CBO needs to score the bill to see if it meets budgetary standards of reconciliation. The Senate health bill needs to save $2 billion, which the House bill successfully did. But the Senate bill is also bound by the Byrd Rule, which has its own host of additional surgical rules, like that the bill cannot change Social Security spending or dedicated revenue. The CBO will need time to score the bill, so fast-tracking this Senate health bill makes the most sense for Senate Republicans.
    During a Senate Finance Committee hearing on the Health and Human Services 2018 budget request on Thursday, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) vocalized her frustration with the senate leader invoking rule 14. She asked the chairman, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), if there is going to be a public hearing on the Senate’s secret health bill. A befuddled Hatch said he did not know. “But we have no idea what’s being proposed,” McCaskill exclaimed.
    McCaskill makes a valid point. Georgetown University congressional expert Josh Huder says what’s truly remarkable is the Senate will replicate what the House did: push this bill forward with little transparency.
    It’s not transparent, but it’s a good way to get health care legislation passed. The Senate is using reconciliation to get this done, which prevents a Democrat filibuster. “This bill will not get 60 votes anywhere. If you want to the bill to pass, this is the only way to do it,” said Huder.
    The Senate GOP have been sorting out major qualms they have with the House GOP health bill like how Medicaid should be structured and funded, should states be able to avoid Obamacare regulations, and how to craft tax credits to replace existing insurance subsidies.
    Axios health reporter Caitlin Davis says Senate Republicans have agreed on some points, like that the Medicaid expansion phase out process should be slower and that some Obamacare protections should be kept.
    The House bill almost immediately reduces enhanced federal spending for Medicaid expansion in 2020. According to Davis, the Senate is looking for a “a three-year glidepath beginning in 2020,” which will give states more time to adjust to the reduced funding.

The House bill would also allow states to opt out of some Obamacare regulations by requesting waivers. However, the Senate is looking to preserve one Obamacare protection that prevents insurers from denying care to people with pre-existing conditions. Even so, Senate Republicans are allowing states to opt out of providing essential health benefits to individuals and small group markets. Meaning even though insurers may not be able to deny people with pre-existing conditions, insurance plans may not cover care this community needs.

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*BJsS1Alk6LPIYm3JQX-dHw.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]Thanks to Ned Resnikoff and Adrienne Mahsa Varkiani.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#906CF2 !important]
    [/COLOR]39

Follow
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/60/60/1*BdXBqr-polgcoGsFZf47Rw.jpeg[/IMG]
    Amanda Michelle Gomez

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) !important]Health Care Reporter at ThinkProgress. Contact me: agomez@thinkprogress.org[/COLOR]

Follow
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/60/60/1*4PpN1WvRH6tdLMzz-EqN5A.png[/IMG]
    ThinkProgress

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6) !important]Moving news forward.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]More on Health from ThinkProgress[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9) !important]Dust Bowl-ification of U.S. Southwest leads to 8-fold jump in Valley Fever cases[/COLOR]
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/45/45/1*vc7uR0Vt17l6zlDe7GK9Og.jpeg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]Joe Romm
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]17

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]More on Obamacare from ThinkProgress[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9) !important]Senate GOP won’t subject its health care bill to public scrutiny until the last possible minute[/COLOR]
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/45/45/1*nABGho9SoPm8lQk0aFL5hw.png[/IMG]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]Aaron Rupar
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]7

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]More on Obamacare from ThinkProgress[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9) !important]Senate Republicans ask Trump administration to kneecap Obamacare[/COLOR]
    [IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/45/45/1*BdXBqr-polgcoGsFZf47Rw.jpeg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.44)]Amanda Michelle Gomez
    [/COLOR]

[/COLOR]7

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)]Responses[/COLOR]

Write a response…

Show all responses

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]
    • [COLOR=#906CF2 !important]
      [/COLOR]39

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/fit/c/40/40/1*4PpN1WvRH6tdLMzz-EqN5A.png[/IMG]

https://thinkprogress.org/senate-rep...e-75d9135c1f19

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]

[/COLOR]

Ah ha it was the fascinating Bernie Sanders that got the word out that they were trying to secretly pass health care

https://thinkprogress.org/senate-rep...e-75d9135c1f19

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Doesn't sound like the bill is moving towards secret signing next week. President told committee that the bill is "mean"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...quot-mean-quot

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast