1308 users online (182 members and 1126 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2017.06.13 - Jeff Sessions testifies before Congress

Jeff Sessions to testify publicly Tuesday on Trump team’s ties to Russia

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is preparing to face former Senate colleagues over his role in the controversy around ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, part of an escalating investigation into possible Russian meddling in the 2016 elections.

Sessions is scheduled to testify in a public hearing Tuesday before the Senate Intelligence committee and was due for sharp questioning.

A Justice Department spokeswoman said Sessions requested the open setting because “he believes it is important for the American people to hear the truth directly from him,” Reuters reports.
    ---

Jeff Sessions poised for legal minefield as he prepares to testify on Russia

What Sessions tells the committee could in turn affect the legal jeopardy of Donald Trump, who has also said he is willing to speak about his interactions with Comey under oath, although he did not indicate in what forum.

The attorney general – who failed to inform the Senate about his meetings with Russian officials in his confirmation hearings – will face particularly tough questioning from the senators over his apparent role in Comey’s dismissal.
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

* Watch Live: Jeff Sessions Testifies Before Senate Panel in Russia Investigation

* What time will Jeff Sessions be testifying, what channel, live stream, what will he be asked?
    hat channel: CSPAN, CNN, MSNBC and Fox News will be broadcasting the hearing live. Check back here for updates about which networks will be carrying the testimony live.

Will it be live streamed: CSPAN will live stream the testimony at https://www.c-span.org/

Good background information here:

Jeff Sessions’s testimony on Russia: how we got here

How Donald Trump’s Russia problem became Jeff Sessions’s Russia problem — and vice versa.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions could have testified privately before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today about his ties to Russia. Instead, he chose to speak in an open hearing, streamed and broadcast live.

The most straightforward explanation for that choice is that Sessions wants to publicly deny the newest and most incendiary allegation against him: that Sessions met with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak on three different occasions during the 2016 presidential campaign, and failed to admit to any of them during his confirmation hearings.
    More background, timeline, plus there will be live updates posted:

Sessions’s Senate Testimony: How to Watch and What to Expect

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is scheduled to testify on Tuesday, starting at 2:30 p.m. Eastern, before the Senate Intelligence Committee about matters linked to the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Follow our briefing here throughout the day for the latest updates and live video once the hearing begins.

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    ahh its 60 secs click its fun! I always loved the bumper before the show started!

I tried to be normal once-- it was the worst two months of my life!

Rosenstein testified this morning. Here is the link to his 2 hours:

FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

CARIIS is online now "A penny for your thoughts" put in your 2 cents what happens to the other penny?
    I am playing i think he is gonna be very guarded !!

He knows whatever he says might leave Mueller perjury

shall be very interesting

Usa today is showing an hour delay any one else??

He is late like the airlines??

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen

We would like to thank you today for flying with United. We are aware you all are of one of our staff mauling a full fare passenger we promise you not to do so again , we will not make the same claims as it relates to on-time performance and baggage recovery.

Thank you for chosing United i
    Last edited by CARIIS; 06-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.

I've heard both 2:00 and 2:30 Eastern time. About 4 minutes ...
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    I've heard both 2:00 and 2:30 Eastern time. About 4 minutes ...
    C-SPAN says 2:15. I've got the page open and ready.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?429875...omey-testimony

He's not going to give up a thing. He thinks he's answering all their questions with his statement.

Deny, deny, deny.

I love Jeff Sessions

Sessions: I intend to work every day with our fine team and the superb professionals in the Department of Justice to advance the important work we have to do. These false attacks, the innuendo, and the leaks, you can be sure, will not intimidate me. In fact, these events have only strengthened my resolve to fulfill my duty to reduce crime, and to support our federal, state, and local law enforcement officers who work our streets every day.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    He's not going to give up a thing. He thinks he's answering all their questions with his statement.

Deny, deny, deny.

Deny what? You think he is a Russian Agent?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast